Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,330 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

V6 Engines - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / V6 Engines (819 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines / Here Are 8 Engines You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

V6 Engines by folawalesegun: 1:08am On Feb 18, 2016
Is it possible to convert a car using 6 plugs engine to a 4 plugs engine. If yes, what are the things needed and what will be the performance of the car after the conversion
Re: V6 Engines by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 18, 2016
As usual, a half-baked query.

So no one has to consult a Crystal Ball, would you mind giving a bit more detail of the vehicle in question?

Make?
Model?
Model year?
Transmission?

And if I may ask, why do you want to replace the factory V6 with an I4??
Re: V6 Engines by diportivo: 8:11am On Feb 18, 2016
folawalesegun:
Is it possible to convert a car using 6 plugs engine to a 4 plugs engine. If yes, what are the things needed and what will be the performance of the car after the conversion

Ur mitsubishi sigma 1994 cannot be changed from v6 to I4 o

Reason is that the v6 of that model is a RWD while the i4 is a FWD.....also,the v6 is water cooled while the i4 is air cooled

Ur mechanic will av to be a genius to be able to pull it off

U dont believe me?ask oga gazzuzz

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ambode, Others Attend Nigeria’s Ultimate Automobile And Bike Show. / How To Add Keys For 2014 Toyota Tundra? / Learn How To Drive A Car In One Week!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.