Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,980 members, 7,915,853 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:25 AM

Recruitment Of Propagandists Against Plateau Communities By Inspirational S.c. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recruitment Of Propagandists Against Plateau Communities By Inspirational S.c. (508 Views)

Buhari Media Pays N250k To 40 Propagandists To Comment On Blogs - Farooq Keprogi / Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons / Recruitment Of 10,000 Police Officers: Application Hits 705,352 Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment Of Propagandists Against Plateau Communities By Inspirational S.c. by dachpee(m): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2016
It is quite unfortunate the situation that we have today with our brothers the nearby Berom of Vwang district of Jos South.
It isn't with pleasure to remember d time we shared with our love ones that were forced to join the ancestors impromptus; I take it as a divine plan.
It won't be good if i keep mute of what is happening as if I am not aware. I am a true irigwe man but resides in Vom. On this note I will like to lay a ground not minding who should be blame or whatsoever. My life from childhood I have known the Berom of this district as friends beside the intertribal war that took place centuries. Our relationship is seen beside inter marriage, in giving farm lands to them to cultivate and get food from it mostly not collecting money from them but after farming whatever harvest they might had they take a token to the landlord. Personally, my grand father gave a Berom man a farm land which my father left it with after the death of my grandfather and when my dad also pass on I left it with him which he later objected n refrained from base on reasons know to him.
Up till date, the Berom still farm in kwall. Three or more villages in irigwe land is occupied by the Berom and that has never been a problem at all.
To talk on the present situation that we have found ourselves in with our neighbours, I will like to establish two basic fact that could have led to the unexpected tragedy.
Firstly, the issue of harbouring Fulani in irigwe land and that Irigwe people often join forces with the Fulani to attack the Berom. I think this is a baseless excuss to have lunch an attack to the Irigwe people. In 2001 during the first crisis which started in Vom and Fulani were sent out of the communities of Vwang and Irigwe nations, it started there and Irigwe man accepted the temptation of refusing a place for the fulani and collaborates with the Berom man in sending out the Fulani cattle rarers. Later on peace was preached n the presence of the barraks lured the fulani back to Irigwe land. Since some Berom communities also have fulanis the irigwe man had to swallow his anger of what the Fulani did to him at a village in kwall by killing and slaughtering even pregnant women. It was a terrible massacre. Also, we have not for once heard of an attack around any of our Vwang neighbours even if there were that we are not aware of, the monarchs should have met and discuss issues toward finding solutions. But it wasn't done that way. Last year December when an attack was lunched at Kwata Zawang, which we all felt the pains our Vwang neighbours attacked our Irigwe brothers that went to take home there harvest where they killed 3 and the others escapes with injuries. This drew the attention of those of us nearby and even the monarch and it was apologised for. The lives of Irigwe people went for in for apology.
Kwata is not close to kwall beside behind Kwata there is a village call Sabon Gida which is a Berom area dominated by the Fulani but since this sad occurance occured why didn't my neighbours think of sabon Gida but Kwall? Also, if they are certain that the Fulani were from kwall why won't they district head call on the attention of the Bra-Nngwe Irigwe so that they can find a lasting solution to it?
But it wasn't done like that instead it was 'how many are they (Irigwe) let just finish them and rest.'
After the last year's situation, just this Monday 15th Feb., another attack was lunch on innocent Irigwe youth that left their home to Vom market which is a usual thing only to be marcheted on their way. My people, will continue waiting in patience untill u re all killed one after the other knowing fully well that u re not really much in number? Beside what did the Berom people do with the number of fulanis in Barki Ladi and environs?
Secondly, politics. It hurt me to remember that politics that should be a cord that binds us together is tearing us apart. During the electioniary processes, the Irigwe people were tagged betrayers for refusing in unison to support GNS who was an imposed candidate. Instead of it to remain as a political issue it has turn to an issue of crisis that the Irigwe man despite its small number and his small land scape he is still being hunted.
Personally, I don't have a problem with any Berom man they are my friends and neighbours. We know that you are much in number but don't use your number to maltreat anybody and dont expect an Irigwe man to fold his hands while you are killing them one after another. We should have a way of settling our differences I won't accept it if my people were the ones taunting and tormenting you as a result of may be we were larger than your number.
Remember the good time we had together, all the acha and other grains we shared. Those who are not within Vwang and environs may not know all this but how funny it is that the stomach we both fed we are tearing them apart. Very much unwise of us out common enemies will laugh at us.

Pls brothers if at the core of this writing I offended u pls pardon but this is just to create a basis to what is happening. If um hungry I think the closest place for me to enter is a Berom man's house for a piece of bread so let us learn to tolerate one another and get rid of bitterness. We will sit in the same church together on Sunday, meet at the same market and share things together so let shun our difference and embrace peace.
Re: Recruitment Of Propagandists Against Plateau Communities By Inspirational S.c. by drss(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2016
d attrocities of fulani cattle herders is unimaginable. dis con3 is a zoo.

(1) (Reply)

Tariff Hike: Court Dismisses Nerc’s Application For Stay Of Proceedings / Agatu Massacre: Group Leads Protest In Abuja (photos) / Photos: Troops Nab Wanted Boko Haram Terrorist Along Daban Masara, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.