Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,038 members, 7,886,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

What's The Name Of This Fish - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Name Of This Fish (3197 Views)

What Will You Cook With This Fish? / Teach Me How To Prepare This Fish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Name Of This Fish by godfrey01(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
I was in one of the riverine area today to chill and I came across this fish... I know there is a common name for it popularly known as electric fish.. Please those who studied fishery in school, what's the real name of this fish and why is the consumption of this fish very low among Nigerians compared to the likes of cat fish and others...

Re: What's The Name Of This Fish by blessbunmi(f): 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
The second picture looks like catfish
Re: What's The Name Of This Fish by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
eel

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fish by ademasta(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
English name: Electric fish. Yorubas call it Ojiji. Usually used in making brain booting charm for students. It's edible sha.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Fish by Flexherbal(m): 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
We call it electric fish.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Black Tea Produced, Packaged or consumed In Nigeria / Why I Left My Lecturer Husband, Got Pregnant For A Bricklayer – Housewife / Learn How To Cook Party Jollof Rice Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.