Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,312 members, 7,887,928 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:38 PM

Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 (673 Views)

Buhari To Nigerians: Get Ready To Patronise “made In Nigeria” Products / Buhari Jets To London With Diezani On Board / President Barack Obama, Nigerians Await Your Visit As The Nation Changes Parade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2009
Since it has become apparent that I cannot get the mandate of the presidency in my house-hold let alone the Nigerian populace at large, it has become necessary that my great idea of revamping our battered economy does not die an untimely death. I as a person and any progressive thinking Nairalanders  has come to the conclusion that throwing our support to our own embattled and tried public servant in no other person than Ribadu is a step in the right direction. To create our own Obama we as  the younger well informed generation with more information at our door steps than past generation should put our tribal allegiance at the back burner and throw our support behind Ribadu. The Nigerian political landscape is in dire need of physical, moral, spiritual, and generational cleansing for any progress to be made. A momentum can be started here now as we are fast running out of time, which will eventually culminate in Ribadu crowned as the benefactor in less than 18 months. Lets start that Momentum now. The idea behind Ribadu  is because of his vantage position at the helm of affairs fighting corruption in Nigeria he is in the know of who needs to be dislodge out of the system and who should stay. Ladies and Gentleman lets get down to business we have less than 18 months to put our Obama in a prime position for the coveted prize. Religious and tribal bickering and banter will not take us anywhere for now, it is as if we enjoy this new past time of ours, well,  what we will do is suspend that for now and get to work which will mean putting our guy in Aso rock first. If need be 19 months from now we might as well resume our tribal banters and religious bickering after achieving our primary goal. So ladies and Gentlemen it is time to get our hands dirty and get to work restoring dignity and honour to our great nation.

Long live Nigeria , Long Ribadu, Long live KnowAll
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by oloyeagba1: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2009
How do you "waist time"? It sound interesting.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 8:52am On Jul 09, 2009
The country needs a progressive government for 32 years for sanity to be restored in that nation.

Ribadu – 8 years

Fashola – 8 years

Soludo – 8 years

Amechi or any other good S/S person – 8 years unfortunately Amechi will be too old to run, political horse trading will be accepted between the names listed some might want to run for only 4 years. The nation needs 32 years of good governance.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2009
How do you "waist time"? It sound interesting.

Thanks mate, pointing that out.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by kokoA(m): 9:01am On Jul 09, 2009
Let me give you a list from the south-south

1.Tompolo  lipsrsealed

2.Asari Dokubo cool

3.Ateke Tom

4.Peter Odili cheesy

5. Sam Edem.  cry

But I would'nt mind Donald Duke wink sha.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 10:15am On Jul 09, 2009
Ribadu has one the 1st round of his suite against the Nigerian police, we wish him success as the case progresses.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2009
Edger Hoover’s FBI v Nuru Ribadu’s EFCC – The death of the Corruption crusade in Nigeria

J.Edgar Hoover

John Edgar Hoover (January 1, 1895 – May 2, 1972), generally known as J. Edgar Hoover, was the first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of the United States. Appointed director of the Bureau of Investigation—predecessor to the FBI—in 1924, he was instrumental in founding the FBI in 1935, where he remained director until his death in 1972. Hoover is credited with building the FBI into a large and efficient crime-fighting agency, and with instituting a number of modern innovations to police technology, such as a centralized fingerprint file and forensic laboratories.
Hoover was highly regarded by much of the U.S. public, but posthumously he became an increasingly controversial figure. His many critics asserted that he exceeded the jurisdiction of the FBI.[1] He used the FBI to harass political dissenters and activists, to amass secret files on political leaders,[2] and to use illegal methods to collect evidence.[3] It is because of Hoover's long and controversial reign that FBI directors are now limited to 10-year terms

Nigeria's Nuru Ribadu

Nuru Ribadu could have broken the corruption circle that has become the bane of our society today, corruption cases in all sector of the economy could have been brought from all high 98% corruption level in all sectors to a manageable 15% to 20% . If only he was allowed to get on with his job and make Nigeria a better place. At times it is better you just leave the guy to get on with the job he knows, he will not only learn from his mistakes he will be strengthen by his own failures and short-comings. Just like J Edger Hoover he will fine tune EFCC into Nigeria’s FBI it will not be an easy task but is doable if only he was giving time. Just the mention of Nuru Ribadu’s name at height of his reign in the EFCC was enough to put the fear of God on some of our corrupt public officers. Today the EFCC name does not create the same hysteria that it once did , it has been tainted with same brush as Nigeria Police Force if not a worse brush. Today a state Governor can send his lackey’s on a fun day out by sending his driver and orderly on a Sunday rendezvous every month from Akwa to lagos to change N255 million to dollar or pound. If it were the good old days not only the police officer’s in lagos will be apprehended, the orderly , the driver, and his majesty the Governor will all give account of what transpired.

I once remember my first job in England as security personnel in a top law firm in central London. One Sunday morning I was sitting in the front office reading newspaper as there was nothing much to do on Sundays. A gentleman came into the lobby and I queried him asking him who he was, does he have any form of ID, he was very impressed at the way I queried him. On seeing his ID he was one of the partners that own the law firm. Having discovered who he was I was consumed with trepidation and fear thinking I have corked up and will surely be fired. But to my utmost surprise I was not only giving a raise on my hourly rate I was also recommended as a supervisor which at the time was fantastic. The problem with Yaradua, is because his name was amongst the 31 Governor that was pencilled down for investigation as been corrupt, he Yaradua became insecure in himself as he felt that Nuru knows too much of his internal dealings and should therefore be gotten rid off sooner rather later. If it happened in other climes, the Chief executive will not only reward him handsomely but will retain him as corruption czar for as long possible. OBJ basically turned a blind eye on Ribadu’s activities he allowed the young man to get on with his job. Although OBJ used Ribadu for other extra ordinary renditions which can be classified as collateral damages in a war of different ideals, opinions and thoughts there is nothing stopping Yaradua from doing the same.

The Irony of Yardua’s action is Ribadu’s capability of intelligence gathering combined with yaradua’s thoughtful approach to issues of importance would have been an intelligence marriage made in heaven, a quality the country needs while the proxy war in the delta rages on. This marriage has been broken by the insecurity of the president, Nigeria has lost out on the early momentum gained in her fight against corruption.
Nigeria as a nation should have allowed him to continue his crusade on corruption just like J. Edger Hoover. He was the pioneer boss of EFCC just like J. Edgar Hoover was the pioneer boss of the FBI. History as shown that Pioneer Bosses always stir the ship to unprecedented height and success the evidence is there for all to see with the current state of the FBI.

I just hope this ship can stirred back on course before we hit an ice-berge but I have this very strong feeling that we have already hit one. I might however be wrong but time will tell.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by louchi: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
If his the right man for the job let it be because the experiment called Nigeria will soon expire.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2009
A prophet is not respected in his own town says the bible, Ribadu has started a crusade, he should be supported en-masse to finish the revolution he started. One has to recognise that he had so many hurdles and restraining order whilst working for OBJ, but if the people give him his own mandate I see him pushing for far reaching changes that will impact on every man and woman on the street.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
We cannot continue to let tribal bickering hold us back from fulfilling our destiny as a nation, if the Americans are as bias as Nigerians Obama will not even smell the White House lawn let alone being the occupant of it, so Nigerians, remove your tribal goggles and chase the dream. Make Ribadu the man to beat come 2011.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by Becomrich: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
God will never be that wicked to have nuru ribadu be president of Nigeria. Never.

Nuru ribadu record

the north have ruled for nearly over 40 year in nigeria. and control nigeria money. and have enrich themself with nigeria money.
The north based government in abuja get 55% of the country revenue , while northern state and local government get 25% of the money. the south get about 20% of the money.

If you add up how much the north get from oil revnue it is 55 + 25 = 80 of the revenue from oil. out of the 55% to the federal govt only less than 10% get back to south.

So the north have been getting 70% of the oil revenue.

North when nuru ribadu was head of EFCC. Nuru ribadu mostly  arrested 95% southerner, while northerner have been the brain behind the government fraud in nigeria. at least 70% of the government fraud in Nigeria are done by northerner, but what did Nuru ribadu do , his stat shows 95% of the arrest he made were southerner. Nuru Ribadu was a bias EFCC chairman.
even while the government fraud was carried out by Nuru Ribadu fellow northerner Nuru ribadu look away. He refused to arrest northerner. so he was bias. Is that who you want to make president? a bias man.

I would not vote for him on this record. So imagine what he would do when you make him president. 99% of contract would go to the North. Action speak louder than word. His action does not show what nuru ribadu preach.

And nuru ribadu launching himself for president abroad to replace Yar adua is too funny. It was Nuru ribadu and el rufia that cleared yar adua, making claim that yar adua was the most holy person on earth, he is now going about claim about yar adua. I do not think him and el rufia has an moral ground to be president.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by MrCrackles(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2009
Poster
You are on your own!
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by Becomrich: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
why do you say that, you think i am scared of the mafia? NO, i am not. man only dies one.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by KnowAll(m): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2009
BecomeRich your calculation is faulted and not right.

Assuming the revenue on oil is – 100%

The FG – gets 55% I agree with you on that.

The South-South States get 13% derivative from oil revenue.

Let us use 100 billion Naira as total revenue for oil in the month Jan09

13 % derivatives is giving to the oil producing state that is 13% of 100 billion

= 13 billion Naira.

There are 6 oil producing state they share the 13 / 6 = N2.1billion per oil producing states.

The FG gets 55 % of the remaining 87% = N47.85 billion

The remainder which is 39.15% is divided by 36 states = N1.32 billion per state.

Don’t forget that the oil producing state has already gotten N2.1 billion + N1.32 billion = N3.42billion for each oil producing state.

Add 16 southern states = 1.32 X 16 = 21.12 BILLION + 2.1 Billion x 6 = 12.6Billion

Total for south = 21.12 + 12.6 = 33.72 billion

FG gets 47.85 billion + Southern state’s N33.72 = N81.57 Billion

The Northern states get = N18.43 Billion against the southern states N33.72 Billion.

But if you will consider FG as a Northern state which cannot be justifiable it will mean the north including Abuja gets N18.43 Billion + N47.85 Billion = N66.28 billion. That is still lower than the figure you quoted that the south only 20% of the oil. From my calculation you can see that the south gets 33% of the oil revenue. The FG is the father of all the states you cannot say the FG is an Hausa state just because you have an Hausa man is at the helm of its affairs.
Re: Lets Don’t Waste Time Ribadu Is Our Obama Nigerians Get On Board - 2011 by Becomrich: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2009
Knowall I only reply question on this thread. to have all in part. The north recieve 64% of Nigeria revenue see calculation on this thread. stop telling people lies.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294476.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-289810.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Unleash Terror-kill Dpo Others / Suprisingly The Rate For The Purchase Of Land Has Now Reduced In Ajah: / Okiro Owes Failed Bank N166m - Ndic - It’s A Personal Deal - Police - Reps Summo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.