Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,686 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:27 AM

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal (27594 Views)

Ibadan 32 Kings: Olubadan-in-council Disagrees With Olubadan, Backs Governor / Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Izuchukwu Nwajiaku Dies In Malaysia (Eze Ndigbo 1 Of Malaysia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
sankky:
Here they go again
Can never understand why yorubas feel extremely insecure (almost to the point of wetting their pants) when issues concerning Igbos arise?
Is this not the so-called unity in diversity. You got to accept the other tribes and their ways of life (so long as that way of life obeys the Nigerian Constitution) or you should call for a split if you are truly honest about rejecting them. Its not a favour and it's not to be begged for.
In all the cities in the worls there always an Eze Ndigbo. But it's only in Yoruba land that people shiver, pee and poo upon hearing it.
in igbo land, there are Serikis all over the cities and nobody cares despite the fact that occasional tribal clashes between Igbos and Hausa's which also happens nationwide.
There are also Serikis in Yoruba land
Tomorrow, out of arrogance, someone will start telling us that they are very accommodatingb, simply because Lagos was made the nation's capital without our consents and was therefore developed with everyone's money. The
attendant result is ripple effect that also spread to neighbouring Yoruba lands. It has nothing to do with being nice or tolerant because any other part of Nigeria that was made the
capital will still have the semblance of what u see now in the West including even the North East.
Some will raise the nauseating poo that people
easily buy land in the West. That's the most asinine argument anyone has ever heard. How does selling land as business to make a living show that you love the
buyer? Why not give out for free? Where will u not buy land in any part of this world if u have your money and can afford it?

When half-humans speak you always know.
Those whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad.
That useless title will be banned throughout yorubaland and nothing will happen execpt the exodus of illegal immigrants or fumigation of unwanted pests.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by HaneefahRN(f): 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

Stop writing like a tout, nobody wants to the obaship of your town, the ezendigbo or whatever is just a ceremonial title and doesn't have any traditional recognition. Moreover, there is an Oba in Abuja and I have not seen anybody bitch*** about it. You guys should stop making a mountain out of a molehill
Thank u. I reacted out of anger for the insults Igbos throw at Yorubaland. I cld careless. And I think having an Oba of yorubas outside Yorubaland is absurd. U can av a group wt Chairmen and other titles nt denoting King
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by sankky: 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
So you people are already wetting your pants and pooing on your selves already. If you are a genuine omoluabi who loves yorubaland, support IPOB now so that Igbos will no longer be the problem you have. You knwo you can't because your economies can't survive a week without the Igbos you love to hate.
Why are other tribes not having epilepsy over the eze Ndigbo if it was a threat to the indigenes?
REMEMBER THE ABIOLA WAHALA WHEN IGBOS LEFT YORUBALAND IN THEIR MILLIONS. DIDN'T YOUR ELDERS HUNGRILY CONE TO THE EAST TO BEG IGBOS TO RETURN? I WAS A WITNESS.

When half-humans speak you always know.
Those whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad.
That useless title will be banned throughout yorubaland and nothing will happen execpt the exodus of illegal immigrants or fumigation of unwanted pests. [/quote]
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by saintandsinnerz: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Shegebanti007:

No is your parents fault that made you useless, because if you were not useless, you will comment with good sense of human. look at you, if igbo people have good upbringing will they have problem with other tribe in Nigeria. Don't worry, we will teach you morons manners on this Nairaland. Oponu oloshi.
But how can somebody who doesn't have manners teach others manners? Isn't an irony?
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by nike4love: 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
sankky:
Here they go again
Can never understand why yorubas feel extremely insecure (almost to the point of wetting their pants) when issues concerning Igbos arise?
Is this not the so-called unity in diversity. You got to accept the other tribes and their ways of life (so long as that way of life obeys the Nigerian Constitution) or you should call for a split if you are truly honest about rejecting them. Its not a favour and it's not to be begged for.
In all the cities in the worls there always an Eze Ndigbo. But it's only in Yoruba land that people shiver, pee and poo upon hearing it.
in igbo land, there are Serikis all over the cities and nobody cares despite the fact that occasional tribal clashes between Igbos and Hausa's which also happens nationwide.
Tomorrow, out of arrogance, someone will start telling us that they are very accommodatingb, simply because Lagos was made the nation's capital without our consents and was therefore developed with everyone's money. The attendant result is ripple effect that also spread to neighbouring Yoruba lands. It has nothing to do with being nice or tolerant because any other part of Nigeria that was made the capital will still have the semblance of what u see now in the West including even the North East.
Some will raise the nauseating poo that people easily buy land in the West. That's the most asinine argument anyone has ever heard. How does selling land as business to make a living show that you love the buyer? Why not give out for free? Where will u not buy land in any part of this world if u have your money and can afford it?
I don't know why they hate ibos so much,they even said its bec of the opportunities they gave ibos in lagos and in the north that made them prosper,and I ask which opportunity?like the one they did in oshodi or what?
U just nailed it. Let haters keep hating.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by lomprico(m): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

Imagine. Can a Yoruba or Hausa hold a traditional office in Igboland?
There is sarkin hausawa in all hausa settlement in igbo land, there is oba in kaduna. Why are the yorubas always feel threatened by igbos?
[size=58pt]IGBO GA DIRIRI![/size]

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by saintandsinnerz: 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
director1900:
there is smething u ibos dnt understand,in ur land yoruba or hausa man has never became a chairman in ur market bt whn u go to alaba in lagos who is their chairman or ladipo or GSM villige,u dmt sell land to other tribes yet u wnt to claim right on sme1 land is dat popssible?
OK lets analyze what you said. You claimed the Igbos dominate the leadership of Alaba, Ladipo, GSM village markets, and i now ask who are the majority of the traders in these markets? Do you expect Yorubas or any other tribe to head the leadership of the markets when they constitute less than ten (10) per cent? It is common sense that the people with the majority will always head the leadership. Democracy is all about numbers and majority. Having said that, you also ignorantly said that the Igbos don't sell their lands to other tribes. Really? How do you come about that? Have you attempted to buy a land in Igboland and the seller told you he won't sell because you're Yoruba? Can you show me evidence of this. The building housing my brother's shop in Onitsha is owned by Hausa man. Please stop trudging on the path of ignorance because it won't help you at all

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by lailo: 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
That is our way of life,our culture is not rigid and this is one Nigeria. we install Eze ndi Igbo in diapora to maintain our culture. If they are not comfortable with that,they should call for disintegration. As far as there is one Nigeria,we shall continue installing Eze ndi Igbo outside our territories
Even Obi of Onisha and other first class kings in igbo land don't support dis idea of eze indigbo evrywhere.They have advised SW states to ignore and not allow such arrangement but the host keep tolerating them instead.Go and put ur house in order first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by lailo: 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
harmless011:
I dont why we made issues out of nothing the eze ndigbo of a thing is just ceremonial title, the title bearer is still subject to the laws and customs of the host community.
So no need to blow the whole thing out of proportion.
U think and talk so but d holders are desecrating other pple's power.The are even fighting over it dat what warranted the order.Or u want host to leave them so that they continue fighting themselves which may eventually extend to the host community?
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by P0intBlank(m): 1:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
After reading some of the comments here, I feel sad.

I am sad that some people talk and then think.

I am sad that some people make hasty generalizations. These people fail to do their homework before spewing out rubbish

I am sad that some people still do not know that they are only 2 kinds of people in this world: good and bad.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by verycheese: 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by sainty2k3(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
laprince:

Its just ceremonial. Don't take it personal or make it blown out of proportion.
its supposed to be ceremonial but believe me your people already took it out of proportion. they disobey the law of the land, involved in supremacy battle with the original king. that's absurd. even Igbo's won't take that in their own land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Gassa007: 3:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hollaniyii:
Eze, Oba,Igwe, Emir etc This titles are for traditional rulers in their domain; does that mean the Igbo cannot be under a non Igbo traditional ruler?
why are you so dull like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by laprince(m): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
sainty2k3:

its supposed to be ceremonial but believe me your people already took it out of proportion. they disobey the law of the land, involved in supremacy battle with the original king. that's absurd. even Igbo's won't take that in their own land

I don't know the main beef between Yoruba and Ibos. Am not an Ibo.

However, its suppose to remain ceremonial. Not to cause ethnic rivalry, but promote peace.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by EreluY(f): 7:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Holyman3:

I guess the Obas and other kings were thrown down from Heaven. They started at a time as well.
The point here is not when anyone started, it is that they have their kings now.
There are over 500k Igbos in Oyo State, Enough to form a country of their own. So, yep, they are entitled to have their leader and call it whatever they like as long as they obey the laws of the host community.

From pre-historic times, people have been migrating, settling down, integrating, naturalising, inter-marrying, etc. If we take the Jews as an example. They've always been on the move and integrating, hence, you have American-Jews, British-Jews, Polish-Jews, etc. When you move into another's territory (even in the world of the animals) you integrate and by fate you could rise to the helms of affairs. What is untenable anywhere in the world is to migrate into a territory and set up a parallel dynasty. Yes, this had happened historically (e.g. the invasion of the Americas and Australia) by the Europeans. Such a move, even in centuries past, was vehemently resisted. Why? Because, it's just unacceptable, more so in the 21st CE. If the Igbos (and by the way, my OH is one) must set up their own dynasties, it should be East of the Niger, not in another's territory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
In Yoruba culture an Oba has a spiritual root. During his coronation he is taken to a shrine where certain rites are performed to divinity, the deities of heaven and of earth and also the ancestors. After that he is consecrated using palm frond and water. This is the covenant! This act is uniform throughout Yorubaland.

Our Obas are not elected at a village meeting, there is no voting or constitutional power conferred on an Oba. There is no term of office. His crown is ancient and so is the throne and the Oriki of his seat of power. He was not created by a white man or any foreign authority. These are all aspects of how an Eze gets power. Very strange to us in Yorubaland.

We do not, and we refuse to accept as king on Yorubaland or even recognize as king anyone that was never instituted with a divine order of priestly covenant.

An Eze does not posess a covenant order and therefore must not be accepted in our land as a ruler of any order of society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by EreluY(f): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
In Yoruba culture an Oba has a spiritual root. During his coronation he is taken to a shrine where certain rites are performed to divinity, the deities of heaven and of earth and also the ancestors. After that he is consecrated using palm frond and water. This is the covenant! This act is uniform throughout Yorubaland.

Our Obas are not elected at a village meeting, there is no voting or constitutional power conferred on an Oba. There is no term of office. His crown is ancient and so is the throne and the Oriki of his seat of power. He was not created by a white man or any foreign authority. These are all aspects of how an Eze gets power. Very strange to us in Yorubaland.

We do not, and we refuse to accept as king on Yorubaland or even recognize as king anyone that was never instituted with a divine order of priestly covenant.

An Eze does not posess a covenant order and therefore must not be accepted in our land as a ruler of any order of society.

[size=18pt]Poignantly articulated. Well done, sir.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by EreluY(f): 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
All the Igbos I have ever known - (I am married to one who accepts this claim) and watch out if you do not already know this - all have two unifying attitudes - selfishness and greediness. These are exhibited as follows.

First, what is theirs (e.g. Igbo land) is exclusively theirs (e.g. Non Igbos can't have a break through in Igbo land). For example, how many non Igbos are employed as lecturers at universities based in the East? Compare this with how many Igbos have established themselves and their kinsmen at UI, UNILAG, OAU, LASU, etc. This is one of the things Akintola was angry about during the 1960s.

Secondly, what is jointly owned (e.g. Nigeria) is best personalised (e.g. Let the whole Nigeria be personalised and dominated by the Igbos).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by sainty2k3(m): 12:12am On Feb 20, 2016
laprince:

I don't know the main beef between Yoruba and Ibos. Am not an Ibo.

However, its suppose to remain ceremonial. Not to cause ethnic rivalry, but promote peace.

there is no main beef or whatever in Ibadan, Ibadan is widely known for her receptiveness to all and sundry. that's why they say 'ilu Ibadan GBE onile ati alejo' in fact someone from other tribes has been made chief before by one olubadan . the recent development is that the supposed to be ceremonial eze ndigbo is rwcieving so much attention from politicians lobbying to get Igbo's residing in Oyo state to vote them in leading to plenty cash inflow and the post desirable, tats why they now fight each other to get there.and also grow more wings to stand against the main traditional ruler of the land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Awoofawo(m): 10:03am On Feb 20, 2016
sankky:
Here they go again
In all the cities in the world there's always an Eze Ndigbo. But it's only in Yoruba land that people shiver, pee and poo upon hearing it.
in igbo land, there are Serikis all over the cities and nobody cares despite the fact that there could be occasional tribal clashes between Igbos and Hausa's which also happens nationwide.
Tomorrow, out of arrogance, someone will start telling us that they are very accommodating, simply because Lagos was made the nation's capital without our consents and was therefore developed with everyone's money. The attendant result is a ripple effect that also spread to neighbouring Yoruba lands. It has nothing to do with being nice , hardworking or tolerant because any other part of Nigeria , including the North East,that was made the capital would still have the semblance of what u see now in the West.
Some will raise the usual nauseating poo that people easily buy land in the West. That's the most asinine argument anyone has ever heard. How does selling land as business to make a living show that you love the buyer? Why not give it out for free as a sign of love or friendliness? Where will u not buy land in any part of this world if u have your money and can afford it?

Madam no vex!!! The chief don talk finish, nothing anyone fit do!!!

Anyone wey e pain can go head butt Olomo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A ra ye iranu matongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by egbojay: 10:46am On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=Musiwa419 post=43054317]Why are the ibos the only one that always have issues with their host wherever they go? There are other tribes in Ibadan also but one wouldnt hear nonsense such as this from them. Why must it always be the ibos?

Isi aki keep ur dirty mouth there. One man's affair sudnt b generalized. It is allowed to av head of tribe outside their land. Didn't d isrealite av a leader in Egypt? Having issues in other people's land u sud b talking about d fulani. Mumu aboki like u. SheEge for calling igbos

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Ryabcool(m): 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
lestat:

My dear don't generalize, that man is probably an illiterate trader whose low self esteem can only be stoked by answering an irrelative title such as eze ndigbo. Trust me when I say for too long these illiterates have paraded themselves as representatives of Igbos and given us a bad name because we the educated ones have kept silent... But no more, I for one do not recognise any eze ndigbo in any state outside the South East, so relax and don't loose any sleep. Just take these guys the way you take agberos because that's how we see them.
Igbos are peace loving and friendly but like other tribes we have miscreants who go around claiming some sort of status like nnamdi kanu.
Vampire Chronicles fan, I like! wink
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Kakamorufu(m): 10:07am On Feb 26, 2016
Matching onward to umuahia ibeku to make myself the yoruba king there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are There Any Experts On Traditional Igbo Religion? / Ooni Of Ife & His Entourage At The Voice Of America Studios In Washington.Photos / Court Restrains Oluwo Of Iwo From Presiding Over Eid Prayers, Jumat Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.