Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,945 members, 7,976,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:57 AM

Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” (27626 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by GurlFriend: 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
Before we go on, I want to find it interesting that Onyeka Onwenu somehow always seems to have 'vested interests' in almost every dispensation in the country. I vividly recall she was a very vocal participant in the infamous 'Abacha One Million Man March' of 97/98. This infamous One Million March was a campaign that supported Abacha's drive for self-succession into civilian rulership.

Anywhere there is pie, there's Onyeka. My opinion, though

Cool FM On-Air Personality, OAP, Freeze has advised Onyeka Onwenu to stop inciting inter-ethnic disaffection with her recent claims.

Onwenu, renowned singer and actress, had in a statement released yesterday in reaction to her sack from a federal appointment, insinuated that it was as a result of her tribal background.

Onwenu had said, “I was abused, targeted and maltreated for being an Igbo woman."

Freeze reacted to this on his Instagram page @daddyfreeze by requesting the musician-cum-politician to stop creating unnecessary tension in an already volatile situation, as such utterance will not help matters.

Freeze said, “Dear Madam, those statements like “Buhari sacked me because I am Igbo” would only serve to fuel more hatred and animosity.

“You were not sacked because you are Igbo, stop creating unnecessary tension in an already volatile situation you are not helping matters.

“If Nigeria goes to war, poor, innocent and helpless people would suffer. Syria has a population of 25 million people, far less than LAGOS state alone yet the world can’t handle its refuge crisis. I shudder to imagine our own.

“Sit at home and face your issue without dragging an innocent nation into your personal battle.

“How long did you really expect to eat under 2 different regimes and what really did you have to offer? – just a thought.

“Sorry about the typos guys I’m really not happy about this,” the radio personality concluded

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/freeze-blasts-onyeka-onwenu-face-your.html#sthash.NJCUiOej.dpuf

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Shey be na them dey claim activists before,now them no wan make anyone else reach da position instead them want give excuse of ethnic discrimination.

Abaa let another person too chop na.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
U are a big fool freeze.I was born in the north, those abokis don't care about any other tribes but dem self.my anty house was razed down in maiduguri bkus she is from benue.I love hausas,I have hausas as friends,I have ate there meals,I ate tuwa shinkafa,mayin keda,masa.yes there are good and wonderful hausas but 80% of the abokis are tribalistic.dey would kal d ibos nd other languages inyamiri,and the moment they notice u are about to grow or take the lead in there enviroument they would say semu ne(its how's) they would do everyfin to bring u down.I read that onyeka's intaview and I no wat she meant cus I have felt it also.onyeka is a beta nigerian than u ar 100 million times freeze her songs has mend many broken heart.ur own no pass to dey show watch for twitter and instagram like small pikin.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by HungerBAD: 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Onyeka Onwenu is a cry baby.

An opportunistic cry baby i have no respect for.

Some years ago, she wanted to contest to be the Chairperson of Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State. and when the party did not pick her, she went into town saying she was not picked because everybody wanted to Sleep with her.

This is a woman who has two kids, for two different married men, and wants to claim to be holier than thou, she should just go and sit down and not play the Ibo race card.

She reminds me of a friend of mine, who blames everybody for anything that happens to him, except himself. Onyeka Onwenu should check herself very well.

She has gradually become a laughing stock.

226 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Cammo: 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Why blog, blog, blog all the time? Can't we get these news from more reliable sources like Punch, Vanguard, Guardian, etc?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by demarc001: 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
But to be realistic, I don't think the woman is just saying her tribe was why she was sacked, even reading through it I didn't see where she stated it clearly that she was sacked because of her tribe. Me think She only used the opportunity of her being sacked to explain the tribal war she was facing all along.
Considering she was not the only one sacked and its a new government now "No sane person will come out and say her sack was due to her tribe"

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Iamlordgee(m): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by chubhiee: 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Onyeka spoke her subjective truth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by ttemmi(m): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Just like a typical Igbo, she is playing the ethnic card.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Omogbhollahorn(m): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
true talk

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Afrok(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Freeze we don already caution her here on Nairaland, please face front too and look out for your beating ex-wife undecided.

Freeze too dey yarn...
Coz this one now fit raise issues that have been laid to rest, Abeg...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by OJUcrook: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
It is impossible for these people to forfeit the victim mentality and persecution complex that is deeply ingrained in their psyche. They find it convenient to always blame others for their self inflicted woes. It reminds me of the market that was demolished in Lagos few weeks ago. Despite the fact that the owner of stalls in that market cut across all tribes, these people were the only one that attached tribal interpretation to the demolition. ''They are marginalising us, they hate us, they are jealous of us, they are envious of us''

Just as someone asked yesterday, what was onyeka onwenu's achievement as the DG of the NCWD? Most people didnt even know she held that position until she was sacked. Instead of her to higlight her gains at the helm of affairs in the organisation, she restorted to the usual victim card

104 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by scachy(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Progressive15: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Foolish woman.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Seun360(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
You nailed it daddyFreeze.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by OJUcrook: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
What is onyeka onwenu ?

15 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by maestroferddi: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Oga face your radio work...

Stop seeking cheap attention.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by igbsam(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Onyeka goofed big time.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Otapipia: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Flexherbal(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
The pictures say it all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Theultimate(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Some still says the truth no matter what.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Iroh88(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Still find it hard to believe she actually said those words honestly. An educated woman like her

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by ajealadick(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Good thoughts

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Ator008(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Story 4 d Gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by crestedaguiyi: 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
freeze should stay out of issues beyond him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nogodye(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
#GBAM

6 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by tirexnite(m): 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
hhhhhhh new to Nairlnd . loving it

2 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by ogbiwa: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
@OAP Freeze why then was she sacked? It wasnt mentioned in your post (except i missed it and that was reason i read through looking for it)
So kindly throw light on that sir. Tenk

2 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by kay29000(m): 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
Uncle Freeze, thank you jare. That woman who has been hustling every Government (bad or good) since the 90s now want to come and claim victim.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lwkm
Dat woman no go see money again

6 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by ayourbamie: 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
who dey sack who? sack all the sackables... sack Buhari but leave my uncle prof Osinbajo alone o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by eleko1: 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
There's another propaganda job waiting for her.Watch out for .............FREE KANU Protest .Shameless pipu dem undecided

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: EFCC Secures Remand Warrant To Keep Ex Minister / How NJC Rejected DSS’ Request To Probe Judges / 7 Roads Fashola Is Inspecting On His South East Tour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.