Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. (30045 Views)

N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG / Nigeria Exported Goods Worth $463 Million To Argentina In 2017 / Ireland Returns 5 Containers Of Beans Exported From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by Holyman3(m): 8:20am On Feb 20, 2016
kayfra:

Is it state money? Isn't it a private enterprise? How do you people think sef? State can only charge taxes on the profit made on the $9M dollars.

The tax from this amount is enough to pay all the workers in Oyo for 6 months.
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by sam90s(m): 10:14am On Feb 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is irrelevant to the discussion of FOREIGN EXCHANGE? How much of the expenses are denominated in dollars
My friend, can you pls get a grasp of the context of a conversation first next time you nose-dive in, the point being made here is that the figure quoted is too huge for an obscure firm out of Ibadan, point is there's probably no listed Nigerian company with such a huge revenue($9B) and haven said that, I added that sometimes huge sales might not directly translate too huge profitability. undecided
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by omonnakoda: 10:45am On Feb 20, 2016
sam90s:

My friend, can you pls get a grasp of the context of a conversation first next time you nose-dive in, the point being made here is that the figure quoted is too huge for an obscure firm out of Ibadan, point is there's probably no listed Nigerian company with such a huge revenue($9B) and haven said that, I added that sometimes huge sales might not directly translate too huge profitability. undecided
I agree the figure is too large. One does not however make the right point with the wrong argument or obtuse logic.

PROFITABILITY is irrelevant I stand by that . The subject under discussion is the contribution of Foreign Exchange so you need to take your own advice and grasp the context.
A product could contribute foreign exchange to the nation while the parent business is running at a loss!!!

The real issue is the REVENUE and that $9 billion claim is bogus. I suspect it was an error either in reporting or a misspeak . Either way it has nothing to do with profitability

That word profitability has absolutely NO PLACE in the discussion which is about foreign exchange

SCENARIO

REVENUE $1000 for kolanut sold in US = 200000 NGN
EXPENSES 1million NGN

Profit =(800000) i.e a LOSS
under present rules the $1000 is brought back and sold to CBN/official buyer

The business has made a loss but the country has earned $1000 FOREX

What does the profitability have to do with national Forex revenue figures
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by sam90s(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
I agree the figure is too large. One does not however make the right point with the wrong argument or obtuse logic.

PROFITABILITY is irrelevant I stand by that . The subject under discussion is the contribution of Foreign Exchange so you need to take your own advice and grasp the context.
A product could contribute foreign exchange to the nation while the parent business is running at a loss!!!

The real issue is the REVENUE and that $9 billion claim is bogus. I suspect it was an error either in reporting or a misspeak . Either way it has nothing to do with profitability

That word profitability has absolutely NO PLACE in the discussion which is about foreign exchange

SCENARIO

REVENUE $1000 for kolanut sold in US = 200000 NGN
EXPENSES 1million NGN

Profit =(800000) i.e a LOSS
under present rules the $1000 is brought back and sold to CBN/official buyer

The business has made a loss but the country has earned $1000 FOREX

What does the profitability have to do with national Forex revenue figures

Erm.....Mr, I made the statement and I believe I earned the right to say what context my statement is aimed, since it seems we're dealing with scenario now, here's mine:
Mr A: Do you smoke weed?
Mr B: No I don't, but I do Meth
And you being Mr A went ballistic, because you asked Mr B about Cannabis which is a depressant drug but he's here telling you he's into Methamphetamine which is a stimulant drug, of course the question of who is right or wrong depends on where both of them are coming from,
Weed and Meth are adictive and both vices if you we go by an average public opinion, but you Mr A see a technical difference in them, and believe Mr B must die for mentioning a stimulant when a depressant is being discussed, guess what? You don't even get to be Mr A cos you literally nose-dived into the discussion, but you're excused, just show some manners/restraints next time ok?
The original post/comment (like me) was sceptical about the figure cos it appears too high in absolute term, that settled, haven noticed other commenters disagree because no company can be MAKING such amount of money, (Making in 9ja speak suggest profit), then i added MY observation to the first reasonable comment on the thread as an afterthought, now if you decide I can't add an afterthought to a comment I made, goodluck.
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by omonnakoda: 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
sam90s:

Erm.....Mr, I made the statement and I believe I earned the right to say what context my statement is aimed, since it seems we're dealing with scenario now, here's mine:
Mr A: Do you smoke weed?
Mr B: No I don't, but I do Meth
And you being Mr A went ballistic, because you asked Mr B about Cannabis which is a depressant drug but he's here telling you he's into Methamphetamine which is a stimulant drug, of course the question of who is right or wrong depends on where both of them are coming from,
Weed and Meth are adictive and both vices if you we go by an average public opinion, but you Mr A see a technical difference in them, and believe Mr B must die for mentioning a stimulant when a depressant is being discussed, guess what? You don't even get to be Mr A cos you literally nose-dived into the discussion, but you're excused, just show some manners/restraints next time ok?
The original post/comment (like me) was sceptical about the figure cos it appears too high in absolute term, that settled, haven noticed other commenters disagree because no company can be MAKING such amount of money, (Making in 9ja speak suggest profit), then i added MY observation to the first reasonable comment on the thread as an afterthought, now if you decide I can't add an afterthought to a comment I made, goodluck.
There is absolutely no doubt that your offering makes quite a lot of sense...............TO YOU
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by Nawa4nl: 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
erico2k2:

Adjust it plz £1 is now N500

Na wa, B00hari go kill this country before ein finish.

Ein travels na for medical treatment
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by sam90s(m): 12:24am On Feb 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
There is absolutely no doubt that your offering makes quite a lot of sense...............TO YOU
For the first time I see you're getting it.
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by vigasimple(m): 6:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Adminisher:

IGNORAMUS.
First of all the President did not say he produced the 2.2 trillion Naira money from nothing . It was government money kept in a lot of accounts much of whom would have been stolen.
Let me tell you , organization's like NPA, NNPC, NIMASA make hundreds of new millions of dollars daily. All that money was all leaky and it even alarmed Jonathan's government and they started TSA.

You guys are completely un educated about this stupid expression "modern economy".
It appears you are too dumb to realise that a lot of it is playing into the hands of international bankers and interests.

Also there is no politician alive who knows how to run a MODERN economy. Please get some education . Please name the country that is run by an economic genius or financial expert. NONE.
Obama is a lawyer and community organiser. Cameron is a lawyer. The most efficient economy in the world is Germany the woman Chancellor is a Physicist. Putin is s lawyer.
The head of China is a lawyer.
Let me educate you. The job of the leader of a country is to make the right choices based on advice and motivate people. In fact the main thing he does in the economy is to channel resources between the classes in society Upper, middle or lower. That is why the US budget is a bitter war between Obama and Congress.
If you do social welfare you encourage the middle class who will consume more and buy more goods so the economy grows. If you reduce taxes and help rich business owners they will invest more and employ more people . Two good things but you cannot have them both.

Thank you Mr. Non-ignoramus for educating me on who runs a modern economy.

You have mentioned a lot of leaders in your lecture. You will agree with me that your 'sai baba' is clearly not in that league or anything remotely close.

You and your zombies need to explain on his behalf what direction are they taking the country other than throwing figures all about. Has he communicate his vision ( if he had any) to the business community and economists who are responsible for bringing investors and jobs into the economy.
Re: Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. by Curious345: 4:48am On Sep 12, 2021
You prophesy was true
Nawa4nl:
[size=13pt]the whole country is going to waste under b00hari.

By the time B00hari don finis N1000 to $1

Before B00hari got elected look at the Naira to the dollar.
[/size]

[size=13pt]Look at the Naira today[/size]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt3bd2k40g95r.19daa360.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]B00hari is killing the country as he goes travelling around the world
While at the same time appointing Northerners to every post
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience / Family Releases Burial Rites For Wigwe, Wife, Son Who Died In Air Crash / Debtor Strips Unclad To Avoid Paying Up After Running Into The Lady He Was Owing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.