Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,764 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) (17905 Views)

Tinubu, Jonathan, Abdulsalami, Sheriff, Akpabio At Opening Of Obasanjo Library / Ambode, Otedola, Lai Mohammed At Opening Of Obasanjo Presidential Library / President Buhari Departs For Egypt(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by realbestman: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
Codes151:
Reading comments below I can see the data services are faster in the north... N Muslims always comparing n contrasting. Yes obj grew abit through tech but was too naive to put strategies for future management of it all. Or is it that dafftttt. IBB? People with IQ less than 20 are called? I pity this country when youths are just less corcerns and easily washed by what they hear without finding out what's true.
How many Nigerians can actually give a breakdown of monthly cash the federal sends down.. Where and how its used? We don't care but u are okay.

give us the stats pro................Itk
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by Muhammad1988(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
It is not easy to be come the president of a country be it muslim or christian, president Buhari is trying his possible best to bring nigeria to success. so we as nigerians let support and pray for God to give him the opportunity to complete his mission.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by manyr4luv: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunbellar:

What are the modalities on ground to help local manufacturers? What effort is he making to improve light, build refineries, and support agriculture? You don't just stop every thing at once and show a carefree attitude by travelling round the globe with the available meagre resources. Where is the recovered stolen fund? Why is he ceasing forex to bamboozle us that its no longer there. In as much as I know that the price of crude oil has fallen and foreign reserve a depleted, the condition of the masses and the cost of dollar is far worse than it is supposed due to his poor governance. After all, he is an illiterate!
Mind you the president is not an illiterate. He just needs good advisers and constructive criticism like the one you posted above.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by str8talk1: 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Trash!...Let him go home and rebuild his country.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by muteeu(m): 6:59am On Feb 21, 2016
mars123:
with that kind of dedication, its clear to ME that Buhari will leave the country far better than he met it.
inn sha Allah
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by CuteEmma(f): 7:08am On Feb 21, 2016
mars123:
with that kind of dedication, its clear to ME that Buhari will leave the country far better than he met it.
See wishful dream o..
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by godwinkessi: 8:13am On Feb 21, 2016
nijanigga:

You have no clue the extent of military discipline of years back, not the ajebo military guys that you see now.When Dimka was arrested by a police man, he demanded for his salute first,knowing firing squad awaits him, unlike what you have now,any of them would have been crying "ah, mogbe" "egbami oh"

Can a police salute an army man?

BTW Buhari is the only person there with ADC
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by mars123(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2016
CuteEmma:
See wishful dream o..
if you have ever put dedication in anything you've done in your life, then you would know what i'm talking about.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by CuteEmma(f): 8:48am On Feb 21, 2016
mars123:
if you have ever put dedication in anything you've done in your life, then you would know what i'm talking about.
All these are irrelevant stories..

Buhari Has Spent More Than 50 Days Junketing Outside Nigeria.. ..Irrelevantly.

Buhari is not ready to rule, he's just wasting our funds all in the name of 'travelling'

He should've been given free Int'l flights till 2019..

And honestly, I don't know what you're 'talking' 'bout.. Please do me a favour to summarize.. And don't forget to add the moral lessons..
#Ode
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by dadexcel: 8:59am On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:
you are doing your best Mr president. I pray that God will vindicate you soon. within the shore of Nigeria especially on issues that are within your control/resource such as bokoharam, internal revenue generation, inculcating the culture of sit up by government agencie, you have done well. the issue of worsening naira against dollar is to any reasonable individuals beyond your immediate control as there is no foreign reserve to do that which any president should have done at a time like this. however, #istandwithbuhari.

FOREIGN RESERVE SINCE 1999

OBJ: INHERITED $3.7b in 1999
LEFT $45.0b in 2007

YAR ADUA: INHERITED $45.0b 2007
GREW TO $63b in 2008
drew from the reserve to boost the economy during the 2008/ 2009 recession and
LEFT $47.7 2009 as at the time GEJ took over the mantle
the growth was as a result of savings when oil price was $147 per barrel and he took out of it to shore up the economy when oil price dropped.
GEJ: INHERITED $47.7b
BUT LEFT $29.2b. from this I hope well meaning Nigerian can see that unlike during the previous administrations that had enough reserve from which the were able to boost the economy, GEJ left barely nothing from which buhari could get fund to bust the economy. NB Yar Adua withdrew about $15b to shore up the economy and still left more than he met on ground but if Buhari is to draw out such money from our reserve today, Nigeria could be bought by dangote.
..................... I like your depth of research, was actually enjoying it until you made a hypothetical and blatant lie.... 'GEJ inherited 47billion and left 29billion dollars after facing the greatest bokoharam onslaught in the history of Nigerian, after revamping the following dead and comatose sectors : rail transport, agriculture, roads and in fact the entire economy! First you said he left nothing, that's a lie - he left 29 billion dollars...... Please let's just pray that God will direct buhari instead of giving wanton excuses for inefficiency. We are blessed!
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by emzila(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2016
dadexcel:
..................... I like your depth of research, was actually enjoying it until you made a hypothetical and blatant lie.... 'GEJ inherited 47billion and left 29billion dollars after facing the greatest bokoharam onslaught in the history of Nigerian, after revamping the following dead and comatose sectors : rail transport, agriculture, roads and in fact the entire economy! First you said he left nothing, that's a lie - he left 29 billion dollars...... Please let's just pray that God will direct buhari instead of giving wanton excuses for inefficiency. We are blessed!

maybe you didn't see the aspect of OBJ and Yar Adua. they faced their own challenges too. I was expecting you to say my figures are not correct.
maybe I also need to bring the debt aspect of their adminstration to further tell u Jonathan actually failed.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by dadexcel: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:

maybe you didn't see the aspect of OBJ and Yar Adua. they faced their own challenges too. I was expecting you to say my figures are not correct.
maybe I also need to bring the debt aspect of their adminstration to further tell u Jonathan actually failed.
.......... I think it will be a better assertion if you say Jonathan failed 'in your opinion' because honestly to me and many more Nigerians irrespective of Jonathan misdeeds he is still one if the best leaders that have come of Nigeria........ Once again my candid opinion the facts are there for all to see. ...... Remain blessed as always
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by mars123(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2016
CuteEmma:
All these are irrelevant stories..

Buhari Has Spent More Than 50 Days Junketing Outside Nigeria.. ..Irrelevantly.

Buhari is not ready to rule, he's just wasting our funds all in the name of 'travelling'

He should've been given free Int'l flights till 2019..

And honestly, I don't know what you're 'talking' 'bout.. Please do me a favour to summarize.. And don't forget to add the moral lessons..
#Ode

to answer you politely, I think you have to know that Buhari spends far less on a ''junket'' than his predecessors.

you also have to know that Nigeria used to be so big in foreign policy, we fought wars for America where their soldiers weren't able to go because of continental boundaries. today Nigeria has become so little, we beg for a permanent seat in the UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL, that we probably could've gotten had we maintained our strong foreign policy.

Unfortunate events have damaged our international reputation.

no matter how bad you look at it, you also have to know that this ''junketing'' helps in improving our foreign policy and selling our country again to the international community and let them know that Nigeria is matured again to be a global leader...this too will take time.

And lastly, you look pretty and reserved, you don't have to follow the nairaland crowd that prefer to sound foolish when there is every opportunity to be the bigger person. Knowledge is power, not uncouth words you know.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by CuteEmma(f): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2016
mars123:

to answer you politely, I think you have to know that Buhari spends far less on a ''junket'' than his predecessors.

you also have to know that Nigeria used to be so big in foreign policy, we fought wars for America where their soldiers weren't able to go because of continental boundaries. today Nigeria has become so little, we beg for a permanent seat in the UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL, that we probably could've gotten had we maintained our strong foreign policy.

Unfortunate events have damaged our international reputation.

no matter how bad you look at it, you also have to know that this ''junketing'' helps in improving our foreign policy and selling our country again to the international community and let them know that Nigeria is matured again to be a global leader...this too will take time.
Okay.. Lemme watch..

I'm Sorry for insulting you sha.. Just that your initial post wasn't this polite..
Btw, how long did you spend going thru' my profile?
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by mars123(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2016
CuteEmma:
Okay.. Lemme watch..

I'm Sorry for insulting you sha.. Just that your initial post wasn't this polite..
Btw, how long did you spend going thru' my profile?
just a second...i'm not tripping.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by Ephiezy4real(m): 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:
you are doing your best Mr president. I pray that God will vindicate you soon. within the shore of Nigeria especially on issues that are within your control/resource such as bokoharam, internal revenue generation, inculcating the culture of sit up by government agencie, you have done well. the issue of worsening naira against dollar is to any reasonable individuals beyond your immediate control as there is no foreign reserve to do that which any president should have done at a time like this. however, #istandwithbuhari.

FOREIGN RESERVE SINCE 1999

OBJ: INHERITED $3.7b in 1999
LEFT $45.0b in 2007

YAR ADUA: INHERITED $45.0b 2007
GREW TO $63b in 2008
drew from the reserve to boost the economy during the 2008/ 2009 recession and
LEFT $47.7 2009 as at the time GEJ took over the mantle
the growth was as a result of savings when oil price was $147 per barrel and he took out of it to shore up the economy when oil price dropped.
GEJ: INHERITED $47.7b
BUT LEFT $29.2b. from this I hope well meaning Nigerian can see that unlike during the previous administrations that had enough reserve from which the were able to boost the economy, GEJ left barely nothing from which buhari could get fund to bust the economy. NB Yar Adua withdrew about $15b to shore up the economy and still left more than he met on ground but if Buhari is to draw out such money from our reserve today, Nigeria could be bought by dangote.

guy, when was crude oil sold for $147 per barrel?
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by emzila(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ephiezy4real:

the period is there all you need do is Google it out and come out with you own fact if it is contrary to mine.
Re: Buhari At Opening Of Business For Africa, Egypt (photos) by emzila(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ephiezy4real:

in case you are not good at using Google
Oil sets new trading record above $147 a barrel Posted 7/11/2008 6:06 PM | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Print | By Madlen Read, AP Business Writer NEW YORK — It's only July, but it might be time to start loading up on blankets and sweaters. Oil spiked to a new trading record as hostilities rise between the West and Iran -- raising the likelihood that this winter's heating bills will be the priciest yet. Crude oil's brief jump past $147 a barrel Friday arrived not only as the United States and Israel view Iran as a growing threat, but also as the U.S. dollar fell and worries erupted over possible supply disruptions in two other major oil- producing nations: Nigeria and Brazil. Those factors contributed to new all-time trading highs in crude, gasoline and heating oil. It looks like $4-a-gallon gasoline might be here to stay, and that heating oil costs might cause further problems for consumers as the weather gets colder. Futures prices for natural gas turned lower Friday, but are still about twice as high as a year ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Approves Air Force Ground Training Command In South East / BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe Ambode / Ajimobi-Led NWC to boycott Thursday's APC NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.