Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,644 members, 7,885,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! (62642 Views)

South African Newspaper Features Olajumoke's "Dirt Poor Bread Seller" Story / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot / 5 Proves That Olajumoke The Bread Seller Story Is A Public Stunt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nichobabe:

I hear you bro, but the fact remains that the girl is just lucky, you can't take away that fact.

Even if she was paid to act she is still lucky.

She is getting a house, she is lucky

She is getting endorsement from IBTC, she is lucky

She is now a motivational speaker and people listen, she is lucky

She is even getting more deals than Nollywood actress, She is lucky

So whether acting o or real o. She is lucky

She is lucky , yes, but for how long? Has anyone asked what a model in Nigeria is paid ? How can she sustain the house rent or was it given to her free? We already had models in Nigeria, who are they and what do they earn? This story will soon become old, then what? The money finishes and then how will she maintain the lifestyle? I've not heard that models earn well in Nigeria o, the only two who did ! Oluchi and Agbani were from International modeling competitions and that's where their wealth was made, not Nigeria. They should be wise and not destroy this lady and her family for personal gain!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by VickyRotex(f): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
IYANGBALI:
i know you didnt went

Wented ni. Shioooo angry
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by awakeuche(m): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
tolulakin:
As mouth-watering as the TY Bello/Jumoke Bread Seller, Photobombing story sounds, there are lots of common sense facts that point to the fact that TY Bello is just pulling a fast one on us.

I have always had one understanding of our world and especially our nation. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. I will bring up three or four facts that make me really convinced that this bread seller story is not only a publicity stunt, but it is as well a major fool-the-public drama that TY Bello just used to get into all our heads!

1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?

3. Anybody who saw the picture where she allegedly photobombed the Tinie Tempah shoot will probably believe with me that she was a little bit overdressed to be a bread seller. She looked so good I began wondering, did she really photobomb this shoot or was she made up before the shoot?

4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the way to deal!

You can call me as many names as you want for my non-conformist ideas....truth is, it will not change my belief that all these PR moves by TY Bello involving Olajumoke are ways of fooling our collective reasoning. I am certain even Basketmouth shares my views....maybe that explains his recent jokes about Olajumoke....he just wanted to tell us we are all being fooled in his usually funny way!

Y'all can keep getting fooled, Olajumoke will not become a prayer point for me for even a minute!

the more you analyze the olajumoke situation as a case of luck been just too real to be real, the more she's taking Nigeria by storm, if it's a PR stunt, it's inspiring and well thought out.
No come here dey do poor man analysis, do your own make we hail you.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
myfantasies:
Funny

Do you think ur insults bothers me, my dear it don't

I come across ur type everyday on dis forum, even outside dis forum, u r among the categories of people dat will come online nd look for people to insult, i understand wat is going on, nd it's not ur fault, alot of people r facing d same problem too, so u r not alone

If d insults will make you feel good about yourself, and make u forget about ur worries, den go ahead and knock urself out, keep d insults coming

At least i will be glad knowing i made someone's day

Feel good about myself for insulting you Girl you just get dumber every minute you open your mouth ( or type with your fingers ). You're averse to correction and it is not a good quality for anybody , keep deluding yourself if you think it's an ego boost for me , better change your attitude. I don't have your friggin time
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by myfantasies(f): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Feel good about myself for insulting you Girl you just get dumber every minute you open your mouth ( or type with your fingers ). You're averse to correction and it is not a good quality for anybody , keep deluding yourself if you think it's an ego boost for me , better change your attitude. I don't have your friggin time
U don't have my time nd u r still quoting me?

Did you just say frigging time?

Gosh i never knew i was talking to a kid, cos it's only a kid dat would use such language

I already heard wat happened, dats y u r acting dis way, it's ok, just let all the anger out, u r almost dere
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
myfantasies:
U don't have my time nd u r still quoting me?

Did you just say frigging time?

Gosh i never knew i was talking to a kid, cos it's only a kid dat would use such language

I already heard wat happened, dats y u r acting dis way, it's ok, just let all the anger out, u r almost dere

I laugh in Swahili , you call me a small child and you're dressed like a mad woman wearing torn clothes , abeg swerve go your lane , I can't be ranting with a mad woman online.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by myfantasies(f): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
neoapocalypse:

I laugh in Swahili , you call me a small child and you're dressed like a mad woman wearing torn clothes , abeg swerve go your lane , I can't be ranting with a mad woman online.
Just accept my condolence

I know it's hard, but u will get thru

Nd about my torn clothes, dere is more where it came frm, if you need any just Holla, i will be glad to lend you some

After all wat r friends for
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 6:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
kyaagbanairaland:
What I was just trying to figure out all by myself was if she is fluent in English. A typical Nigerian woman hawking bread would only manage to speak small pidgin. Not until I read your article that she was invited as a motivational speaker. For her to be invited as a motivational speaker means she is fluent in English and for to her to be fluent in English means she has some level of Education and that all means she cannot be hawking bread on the street of Lagos. And this all means the story is so cooked up by TY Bello. Kudos to TY Bello for fooling a whole bunch of Nigerians to the point our Nigerian pastors are making the bread hawker's story a prayer point.

Bros, why you dey display your laziness, stupidity and "ass" of you by assuming.... Google it, she cannot even speak english, do some research before talking. motivational speaking shouldn't have to be in english bro. Before judging and accusing someone of fooling people, try to understand the whole story. "for her to be invited as a motivational speaker means she is fluent in english.... says who??
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, wisdom is measured by the ability to think in another direction even though others seem to be thinking in the same direction.

I have also been pondering over this bread scam of a thing... This is because I am too wise to believe cooked up stories

OP, may God increase you in wisdom IJN

Yes, you can think in another direction but not by suggesting or assuming someone else is lying without proof yet you have prayers and IJN in your write up but you are accussing someone of making things up, lying etc and you have no proof.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by tosyne2much(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
Organs:

Yes, you can think in another direction but not by suggesting or assuming someone else is lying without proof yet you have prayers and IJN in your write up but you are accussing someone of making things up, lying etc and you have no proof.
Hmmmmm !!!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
tolulakin:

My brother, would you make this your prayer point? God would not take you serious if your prayer point is some fake miracle that is quick becoming every lazy person's watchword, you know?

I just fell in love with Peter Adeosun's writeup of today!

Bros, you for do your homework before calling this story fake. it is wrong to accuse someone of lying and making things up if you have absolutely no proof. All the things you have are conspiracy theories and your thought process with your small brain. What you could,ve have done is i researched and found out the jumoke lady is bla, bla, bla and that she is so and so etc and not try to pull down a beautiful story and all you have is evidence in the story of things that did not make sense to your small brain. She is on her way to stardom while your likes remain in your world. case in point, Obama is concluding his 8th year as President of USA and some tolulakins are still looking for his Kenyan birth certificate........
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by anukulapo: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
tolulakin:
As mouth-watering as the TY Bello/Jumoke Bread Seller, Photobombing story sounds, there are lots of common sense facts that point to the fact that TY Bello is just pulling a fast one on us.

I have always had one understanding of our world and especially our nation. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. I will bring up three or four facts that make me really convinced that this bread seller story is not only a publicity stunt, but it is as well a major fool-the-public drama that TY Bello just used to get into all our heads!

1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?

3. Anybody who saw the picture where she allegedly photobombed the Tinie Tempah shoot will probably believe with me that she was a little bit overdressed to be a bread seller. She looked so good I began wondering, did she really photobomb this shoot or was she made up before the shoot?

4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the way to deal!

You can call me as many names as you want for my non-conformist ideas....truth is, it will not change my belief that all these PR moves by TY Bello involving Olajumoke are ways of fooling our collective reasoning. I am certain even Basketmouth shares my views....maybe that explains his recent jokes about Olajumoke....he just wanted to tell us we are all being fooled in his usually funny way!

Y'all can keep getting fooled, Olajumoke will not become a prayer point for me for even a minute!

Eyes that see. Gbam!

Any update on her "performance" at the motivational speaking show?
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by mreoe1(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
if you are a good music fan, you'd know the story behind the old woman called Ekundayo (the old woman that trained other people's children even in her old age), she's the motivation for the song by TY Bello ft Funmilola titled after the aged Ekundayo. I remember how touching that story was and still is. It changed my person.

Bello has always used her stardom to bring others to the limelight. If you watch that documentary/music video and you still doubt the Olajumoke's story, kai you must be like the Jews that not only rejected and disbelief Jesus as their Messiah, but also doubted and crucified Him and His good deeds. Irony of the Bible story is that they did all in fulfilment to the old prophecy, so your negative views are necessary part of the popular "bread seller's" story.

I just pray that the OP and your supporters won't discourage upcoming TY Bello, Stanbic IBTC, etcs from making heroes and changing histories through legitimate means.
My prayer is not for God to pick up your call but for Him to make you a tool to other people's breakthroughs

BTW, motivational speaking can be in any standard or informal language, once your audience understand what you're saying or better still you can use an interpreter.

FYI, she'd soon publish a book, most likely a biography.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
tolulakin:

Me and her could have had our arguments without making any reference to her husband. How on earth does her husband's opinion affect the content of my argument with her for Christ's sake?

She made it sound like her husband was one Commissioner of police who would jail me once he catches me....I just had to send my regards to the man....the only way he could be enjoying his marriage with such a troublesome woman is if he drinks a lot of beer!
It all goes to show your level of immaturity.All your comments rakes of insults.I just feel sorry for you,for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.So continue, for u are gradually,and conciously forming your character,for a man can never be separated by his word.You are want u say,and its evidently clear that you dont have a refined spirit.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Deane: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
tolulakin:

There's a website called google and i suggest you utilize it rather than display your ignorance globally. Jumoke is also a hair sylist so you shouldnt expect her to wear rags because she is selling bread. And FYI, she cannot speak English. She speaks Yoruba. English language is not the only language through which a motivational speech could be delivered. And you must have a thing against bread sellers to say that she cant be a bread seller because she looks so beautiful. Lastly, She may not deserve all the attention but her story certainly does.
She is going places and here you are hating.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Seakay(m): 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
IYANGBALI:
yes now. Is thoughted not correct? You want to teach me how to spoke English?I can spoke English better than you,so please don't tries me
Lol.. Ok u wins.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
Deane:

There's a website called google and i suggest you utilize it rather than display your ignorance globally. Jumoke is also a hair sylist so you shouldnt expect her to wear rags because she is selling bread. And FYI, she cannot speak English. She speaks Yoruba. English language is not the only language through which a motivational speech could be delivered. And you must have a thing against bread sellers to say that she cant be a bread seller because she looks so beautiful. Lastly, She may not deserve all the attention but her story certainly does.
She is going places and here you are hating.

I have developed a stereotyped answer for everyone who calls my divergent opinion hating...YOU ARE MENTALLY LAZY!

That someone will develop a clear line of thought different from the public shows a functioning brain...and you know what Aristotle has to say to you? 'The ability to entertain a thought without necessarily agreeing with it is the true form of education'. If you cannot see this whole thing in that light, I would wonder, must your dad be hating on your mum when he disagrees with her point of view?

Always think deeply before you use the word 'hate'....its a strong word!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sunglow:
It all goes to show your level of immaturity.All your comments rakes of insults.I just feel sorry for you,for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.So continue, for u are gradually,and conciously forming your character,for a man can never be separated by his word.You are want u say,and its evidently clear that you dont have a refined spirit.

Madam, we had an argument, you brought your husband into it. If you have to be told that you do not drag your matrimony into matters of such nature, someone needs to school you again on the use of social media.

I never even had the intention to insult you, never even knew you are female...but the moment your husband's opinion became the yardstick for intellectual banter, you made me see you in a different light...

Sorry for the harsh words, but please do not bring your matrimony here to Nairaland henceforth...my wife would be foolish to do that!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 1:03am On Feb 24, 2016
Paxziano:

But notwithstanding, u raised some very good points in ur original write ups. We Nigerians do not challenge the norm and r very much suppressed by *poverty mentality* that we all want that get rich quick syndrome. I totally agree with the points u made in ur original post. A lot of loopholes in the olahumoke story. It's possible it could be true but it is a far fetched truth and if one talks about it, myopic nigeirans wud start raining curses and abuses. The same happens in our churches and mosques today but wud people react? No. Cos they feel pastors and imams r men on God and therefore, untouchable. Even when before our very eyes, they r doing what is wrong.

Is olahumoke story true? Possibly. Do I believe it? Only 20%. What I am sure of is that we haven't seent or heard the last of it and there is a lot of missing info that is being left out that would eventually be supplied by someone that knows the going-ons behind the scene!

*i know good, I know bad, But I don't know defeat. And chances are that, we wud never meet!!!

Her Mother, Uncle brother in law etc are on NL go check it out.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 1:21am On Feb 24, 2016
tolulakin:

Madam, we had an argument, you brought your husband into it. If you have to be told that you do not drag your matrimony into matters of such nature, someone needs to school you again on the use of social media.

I never even had the intention to insult you, never even knew you are female...but the moment your husband's opinion became the yardstick for intellectual banter, you made me see you in a different light...

Sorry for the harsh words, but please do not bring your matrimony here to Nairaland henceforth...my wife would be foolish to do that!

TOLULAKIN - I did not see your reply, mugu dan banzaa kawaai. You are still talking, the whole family is on Nairaland today go see it and hide your face in shame. My issue with you is not that you do not believe, that is ok or that you see the whole thing from an idiotic minded perspective that is also fine, but, you TOLULAKIN said the story is Fake, that is the issue, do you comprehend now? Before you come out and call something fake next time, pls have some evidence and not the stupidity you displayed. GO to the community where she was alleged to have come from, go to the bakery where she supposedly collects her bread, the hometown, the connections etc do your homework and have answers/evidence outside of the story then you can now scream fake, fake. Cos you know what, you poison peoples mind, and some fools will believe you and i know you're wrong that is why i am insulting your no good mo...fck ass.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 24, 2016
we would just keep watching how far she would go on this bread seller story...
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
omolola15:

Actually you are wrong on the 3rd point. I used to have this friend. May his soul rest in peace. His mum was a breadseller. And he had this very very beautiful younger sister. If she's going to join the mum after school. She'll spend hours making up. Most of the times I and her brother will have to push her out. I'll keep asking her if she has somewhere else to go. Because she's damn too pretty and over dressed for a bread seller. I bet if you see her on the way and she tells you she's a bread seller. YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE HER. And bros please come to ikeja come and see Behind bread seller and hawkers.

I don't know if its a cooked story or not. Olajumoke has never been my prayer point and she won't be. But my point is that your argument is not valid enough. I saw her interview she can barely speak English. For me the hype is damn too much. For the past couple of weeks. It's Olajumoke everywhere. Kilode.

Jealousy no go kill you. How often do you hear stories like this. This is a breathtaking epic. The hype is warranted and in perfect order. Stop hating. Enjoy the story and wish her and her family well that is the right thing to do.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Organs(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
kjhova:

Whatever you wrote up there especially your attempt at abusing me betrays the fact that you are so emotionally attached to this matter. Olajumoke, the hardworking bread seller has become a succesful media sensation. She was a real street trader who TY brought a great deal of media skill to bear to transform into a success story. If you choose to adopt a rejectionist view of her success, go ahead and indulge yourself.

TY is doing well, Olajumoke is doing well, Seun Osewa is doing well, I am doing equally great too. success appreciates success and it is up to you what you will choose to appreciate.

BTW, i have a few wailers on watchlist on Nairaland and they have shown up on this thread in fervent support of your conspiracy theory. What more can i say? Bien venue!

KJHOVA: May Almighty God continue to bless you. You are indeed a human being. Tolulakin is a "jackass" by definition.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by omolola15(m): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Organs:

Jealousy no go kill you. How often do you hear stories like this. This is a breathtaking epic. The hype is warranted and in perfect order. Stop hating. Enjoy the story and wish her and her family well that is the right thing to do.

Jealousy how? I quoted someone that said the story is a cooked 1. Trying to correct a point he made. So I don't understand what you mean with this your comment. Maybe you should read my comment again and understand it very well. Then comment again. I'm not even hating or jealous of the lady. Spare. Me the talk please. Why will i hate or jealous her. I no be bad belle na. Try to understand a comment next time before lashing out next time please. I've wished her Goodluck right from the very first day.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Naijagirla: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
APPARENTLY HERE IS THE REASON WHY THIS STORY IS FAKE
http://rumorbus.com/2016/02/23/the-breadseller-story-was-a-publicity-stunt/
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by kyaagbanairaland(m): 8:20am On Mar 21, 2016
Organs:

Bros, why you dey display your laziness, stupidity and "ass" of you by assuming.... Google it, she cannot even speak english, do some research before talking. motivational speaking shouldn't have to be in english bro. Before judging and accusing someone of fooling people, try to understand the whole story. "for her to be invited as a motivational speaker means she is fluent in english.... says who??

Whose fault is it dat ur are so foolish and dumb to be fooled. Since u brought ur empty dumb and foolish head into diz world av u seen a motivational speaker address in pigin b4. If people like u attended school and cannot speak good and fluent English na bread hawker u dey xpect make e fit speak. Na bcoz u must, foolish, mugu and stupid join datz y u dey easily fooled. GOAAATTT
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by suremanpatriot: 12:47am On Mar 10, 2017
Nigerians are so gullible! They don't investigate things before subscribing to it. I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD MY WIFE THAT THE STORY IS PURE FAKE, MASTERMINDED TO SERVE THE CULPRIT.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by suremanpatriot: 12:55am On Mar 10, 2017
Now you know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Whose the Prettiest: Yvonne Nelson Or Yvonne Okoro? / Harrysong Weds Isioma Alexer Peres Gopa Today (Photos, Video) / Toyin Lawani Caught Her Maid Secretly Using Her Underwear With The Help Of CCTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.