Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,141 members, 7,887,306 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) (4509 Views)

Selling Used Foreign Commodities At Affordable Prices. / 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common / FG Raises Import Duties On Luxury Goods, Food Items That Have Local Alternatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
In the spirit of #buynaijagrownaija, i.e., local purchasing, I dedicate this thread for the promotion of Nigerian made goods. Local purchasing is a preference to buy locally produced goods and services over those produced farther away.

Note: local purchasing is not about patronising Nigerians, rather, it's about Nigerian-based firms that manufacture finished goods. When you shun Kia automobile plant in Ogun, because you have a brother in Anambra who manufactures/assembles cars, it is not the spirit of #buynaijagrownaija, but racism and tribalism. So please do not come here to cite Glo as a replacement for Airtel.

I'll equally upload photos of common foreign goods in the Nigerian market and I will appreciate local alternatives (not fake).
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
1. Easy On Spray Starch (Made & Packaged in the USA): This product can be found in virtually every kiosk/shop in Nigeria.

Can anyone suggest a local alternative? Please don't direct me to fufu/akpu sellers.

Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
Would you buy Dogan cube sugar over St Louis cube sugar? cheesy

Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
Don't you wanna rock a made-in-naija helicopter?

#buynaijagrownaija

Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
It's time to give Samsung and Apple a run for their money with a Naija-made android phone called Pliris1.

Please note that Pliris1 run on android froyo (2.2) with a 3.2MP camera. Price is N55,000 as of June 2011. Whether Pliris1 is still available at the market or whether the company itself is dead cannot be verified.

#buynaijagrownaija

2 Likes

Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by iyatrustee(f): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Acidiosis, not sure i would fly that your made in naija helicopter
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
Can we add this to our Presidential fleet with this?

#Buynaijatogrownaija

Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
iyatrustee:
Acidiosis, not sure i would fly that your made in naija helicopter
Iya, you've to try o

cheesy
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by taryour(f): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Can we replace one of our Presidential fleet with this?

#Buynaijagrownaija

Thats you in the pix right? Nice ride you got for yourself. Nice pose too. *winks*
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
taryour:

Thats you in the pix right? Nice ride you got for yourself. Nice pose too. *winks*
cheesy

Please join me, let me take you to your destination
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by taryour(f): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Acidosis:
cheesy
Please join me, let me take you to your destination
TUFIAKWA!!! No be me and you. Enjoy your jolly ride alone.
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
taryour:

TUFIAKWA!!! No be me and you. Enjoy your jolly ride alone.
grin grin
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
All thanks to the Nigerian Government and Nigerian institutions for giving us half-baked graduate theorists.

We equally thank our indigenous banks for the Ill treatment they give us whenever we approach them for LOAN.
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Chyvy(f): 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Don't you wanna rock a made-in-naija helicopter?

#buynaijagrownaija

grin
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Chyvy:

grin
smiley Need a ride?
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Abidex35(m): 5:51am On Feb 21, 2016
waiting for d rest
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Abidex35:
waiting for d rest
Oh okay sir smiley
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Try update the thread bross, you never know
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Thinking of getting a Mac? Dell or Toshiba laptop?

Why don't you consider Zinox #made in naija.

In 2011, the F.G directed all ministries to adopt Zinox for official tasks. That's just about it, I don't know whether the firm is still existing or not.

Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
LegatusGlaber:
Try update the thread bross, you never know

Okay sir
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by xager(m): 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
I go like try that helicopter sha. cheesy

And that's because it ain't gonna move an inch undecided
Lalasticlala you nko? grin
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
grin
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Chyvy(f): 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Acidosis:

smiley Need a ride?
Thanks. I'll pass smiley
Re: List Of Common Foreign Commodities And Their Local Alternatives (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
Chyvy:
Thanks. I'll pass smiley
sad sad

(1) (Reply)

Buyers/dealers /distributors Wanted For Soya Beans Sale / Yaba Market Shut Down Yesterday / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.