Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,604 members, 7,941,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

Floating_in_grace - One Thing I Desire Of The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Floating_in_grace - One Thing I Desire Of The Lord (394 Views)

Muslims Has One Thing 98% Of Christians Lack 'one Voice' / Thank God For One Thing In Your Life / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floating_in_grace - One Thing I Desire Of The Lord by Justoc: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
[center][/center]Psalm 27:4

If I pray for riches. How much would be enough? I need a house, a car…no, a mansion, fleet of cars…Which one first?

If I cherish fame. And the whole world knows me. How would I handle popularity and the disturbances of public life?

If I ask for power. And I become the first President of the World! How am I sure this is going to give me my desired inner peace?

If my desire is pleasure. Eating, drinking, merriment, enjoyment. Not sure this lifestyle is the best for my health and well-being?

Wealth, fame, power, pleasure…Certainly, I need good health, security, peace, joy, love – all the good things of life. I’m getting confused. I need EVERYTHING.

Somebody should tell me where I would get them all. But there is a man who wanted only ONE [/b]thing. It became his passion, his dream, his desire, his pursuit…
[b]
“One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.”
[i][/i]

Hmmm! Are you sure he is not desiring the best? I’ve thought about it. King David is right. I don’t need a list. All I need is to ask God for ONE thing. And all other things will be added unto me. One thing, only one thing, do I desire from the Lord. As from now, that will I seek after.

Care to prune down your list and join me in His abundance?

(1) (Reply)

Your Body Is More Precious. / Ponder On This Christians / I Pray My Bomb Will Work So I Can Light Up The Sky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.