Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,110 members, 7,890,690 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... (882 Views)

Couple Spotted Using Man In The Box As Back Drop For Wedding Photo - Pictures / 8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar / A Nairalander Prepares For Wedding With These Prewedding Pixs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by gennypearl(f): 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hello Nairalands

Am Chinyere, am a native of Anambra State, I stay in Abuja, am a business woman. I tried as a young lady to build house for my parents in the village, and I have a car as well.

I met this guy, he is a graduate, but as for me I wasn't opportuned to go to school, but I finished my secondary school. We liked each other,we dated for like 6 months. And finally we did traditional marriage.

After that he left to Lagos where he stays, and I was in Abuja, I was waiting for our wedding date to be fixed. Anytime I visit him in Lagos. He don't normally  talk about our wedding.

One day, he called me that, he heard that I was the one that built house for my parents, that I should bring money for our wedding. I was shocked,wondering why he will say such a thing to a woman he wants to marry.

What should I do?

Should I bring my money out, or is it not the duty of a man to bring out money and marry a wife. Will my own be different.

Source: http://gennypearl..com.ng/2016/02/is-it-right-for-girl-to-bring-out-money.html?m=1
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by HungerBAD: 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
Laughing.

It is totally wrong for him to do that.

But if you are

(A) Genevieve's age you can support him 50% for the marriage.

(B) Onyeka Onwenu's age then you can support him 75% for the marriage.

(C) Ita Giwa's age then you can support him 100% for the marriage.

(D) Ishilove's age, then he has to sponsor the wedding 100% .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Pineapp: 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Marriage is meant for a man and a woman ,not a baby boy and a girl undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by emeijeh(m): 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
Una don start again o
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by cruzita(f): 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
just like that?that man is maddddddddd
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Kingsasian(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
The man should foot the bill. By the way, you are already his wife since the traditional rites has been done. Must you do another wedding?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
am single we can hookup and trust it will be the best ever love .. NNE look well ooooo.. that guy is not smilling ooo.. the way that yahoo man will suck you dry in the next 6 months ehh kai I no go believe am.. u better stop that marriage ooo
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Mjshexy(f): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
His manner of approach or request is very bad, he is the man & should act responsibly but on your part u can decide to give your own contribution willingly & not forcefully, that should even be after u have seen his on contribution. Ma'am i fear ur relatnship oh, u really don't knw dat man enough as u should b4 evn accepting for any introduction.
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
Its sole duty of a man to bring money for the wedding but you can build houses for your parents. You forgot both of you have a lifetime together.

The guy is not thinking straight. He should never have said that. Even if he does not have enough, he can lovingly seek for support from you. I hope he is not an opportunist.

Be careful with him. I wish you all the best
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by raziboi(m): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
gennypearl:
Hello Nairalands

Am Chinyere, am a native of Anambra State, I stay in Abuja, am a business woman. I tried as a young lady to build house for my parents in the village, and I have a car as well.

I met this guy, he is a graduate, but as for me I wasn't opportuned to go to school, but I finished my secondary school. We liked each other,we dated for like 6 months. And finally we did traditional marriage.

After that he left to Lagos where he stays, and I was in Abuja, I was waiting for our wedding date to be fixed. Anytime I visit him in Lagos. He don't normally  talk about our wedding.

One day, he called me that, he heard that I was the one that built house for my parents, that I should bring money for our wedding. I was shocked,wondering why he will say such a thing to a woman he wants to marry.

What should I do?

Should I bring my money out, or is it not the duty of a man to bring out money and marry a wife. Will my own be different.

Source: http://gennypearl..com.ng/2016/02/is-it-right-for-girl-to-bring-out-money.html?m=1

sister if ur sure he loves u... bring it out

u never can tell!
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Strahovski1(m): 11:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
In my opinion it's nt a man duty to sponsor wedding alone. Marriage is done for the both of yo. It's not like he benefits alone from it. You both benefit. So why is it his duty?

I have a question, do you love him? Do you really wish to make him your life partner ? If yes then I see no reason why you cannot contribute funds to your wedding. Unless you are getting married by force maybe he forced you are gun point or you just don't have sense. Then he can foot it alone.

Alot of people are still in 1200 BC undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by poshestmina(f): 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
She built house for her parents so she MUST sponsor their wedding?
Dude lack manners
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by vicstar(m): 12:09am On Feb 21, 2016
jeeez!! He really asked you to do that shocked oh! No! Real men don't do that, and even if they might, they won't present it in such manner undecided op be prudent in your dealings
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Ishilove: 1:09am On Feb 21, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

It is totally wrong for him to do that.

But if you are

(A) Genevieve's age you can support him 50% for the marriage.

(B) Onyeka Onwenu's age then you can support him 75% for the marriage.

(C) Ita Giwa's age then you can support him 100% for the marriage.

(D) Ishilove's age, then he has to sponsor the wedding 100% .
And what is Ishilove's age?
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by HungerBAD: 1:10am On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

And what is Ishilove's age?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Ishilove: 1:13am On Feb 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

O really? How very flattering grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Jamean(f): 4:37am On Feb 21, 2016
I weep embarassed another man intimidated by a woman's success. But then, I believe the wedding can be sponsored by both of you if he can't handle it alone. It's only unfortunate that he's making it a compulsion because of your achievements.

You really need to think about this thoroughly in a futuristic manner, don't start what you can't keep up with. You will end up being the single financial wheel of that marriage instead of a supporting arrangement.

- You will sponsor honeymoon (if any)
- You will pay the house rents till you build for him in the city grin
- You will pay bills for childbirth and procure the baby items yourself embarassed
- Feeding will be on you
- As the kids grow you will fend for them in all areas
- At a point he will deliberately stop working to depend solely of you. Yes, you will start giving him husband allowance. undecided

I can go on...

My comment may seem like one from sleepy eyes but I can tell you that you have enough warning signal for a jerk of a husband. With all these achievements I know you're quite advanced age wise, but please any marriage that doesn't make you better in almost every aspect of your life is a sham.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2016
"the bring money out" is it that the total bill falls on you,or to assist in the expenses?

If the total bill is on you,then its wrong,if to support,no big deal.

The manner he asked too is totally wrong.
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by inkon: 8:13am On Feb 21, 2016
Well, he made a right request in a wrong manner.
Do you need a professional writer to do your writing, editing or proofreading?
Kindly contact us on whatsapp: 08038085317 or e-mail: ampemyink@gmail.com.
Is it book (fictional or none), ebook, sales letter, project proposal, academic research or memoir?
Imagine having your pedigree in the prints - that would be the story of who you truly are, starting from your far-gone fathers down to as far as you can remember. What can be more precious, a gift to posterity?
Reach us today and get your job done as urgent as you want it. Our pledge is timely delivery of 100% plagiarism-free, high quality job.
Regards.
Re: Is It Right For A Girl To Bring Out Money For Wedding... by swimcash(m): 8:15am On Feb 21, 2016
@op.. First n foremost, wat state is he from? Cos in ur own point of view, its only normal a man foot d bill, n dat only apply in d eastern part. In south south, its 50:50, y in south west, d majority part goes 2 d brides family y d groom n his family only assist. So all bend dwn 2 tribe. N according to you, u guys av done d traditional rites, so y waste more money all in d name of "white weddin"? Such money can b channel 2 beta tins.. Bt if u insist on goin on wit it, u can as well assist him wit d bills, dere is notin wrong in sponsorin ur own wedding if u r capable

(1) (Reply)

For Those Having Trust Issues / Whats Your Opinion Of This Type Of Teacher Teaching Your Boy? / Pic. Babes And Longer Throat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.