Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,690 members, 7,885,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna (878 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Dele Momodu Writes On Buhari's Death Rumour / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by ExAngel007(f): 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
Rueben Abati, former media adviser to Goodluck Jonathan, has given his two
cents on the currently trending story of bread seller turned model Olajumoke
Orisaguna.

Having described her as the “Nigerian Cinderella” in a recent article of his,
Abati went on to explain that Olajumoke might need some counseling given
her new-found fortune and fame.

It all started a few weeks ago when Tinie Tempah visited Nigeria and ace
photographer TY Bello met up with the British-Nigerian rapper for a This Day
Style magazine photo shoot.

It was quite a refreshing look as it was done on the streets of Lagos. Along
the line, a bread-seller was caught in the mix and that began her miraculous
journey into the glossy pages of magazine fame and Nigerian social circle
discussions.

Since then, the 27-year-old has gotten a new apartment and a number of
endorsement deals and it is looking all promising for her all of a sudden.
Abati writes on fears for Olajumoke Orisaguna

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt768837i81bm.6d55b82e.jpg[/img]

Abati wrote: “The Olajumoke Orisaguna story is a perfect demonstration of
the witchcraft quality of photography and that single shot that has changed a
life may well be one of TY Bello’s most remarkable efforts in her chosen
genre.

“The people turning her into a sex symbol should also tarry a while, and
remember that she is a married mother of two. She needs counseling.
“Mrs Orisaguna is Nigeria’s Cinderella. Hers is a sudden, unplanned,
unexpected, unprepared for grass to grace, rags to riches story, a kind of I–
just-dey-waka-my-own-jeje-luck-come-jam-me-tale.”

As thrilling as her story is, as interesting as the narrative is and as
refreshingly satisfying as her grass-to-grace career seems and has played
out, many are deeply concerned that the future might be uncertain for one
who ‘miraculously’ stumbled upon the glamorous life she currently lives in.
This is Rueben Abati’s exact train of thought.

In his piece, he wrote that Olajumoke ought to get some formal education so
that her career can properly launch into greater heights and for its longevity.
He wrote: “In a normal society, Olajumoke Orisaguna would have been given
the opportunity to go to school, and have a proper career.”

Jumoke’s journey so far tells the story of persistence and drive.
She left her village in Ire, Osun state, south-west Nigeria to sell bread in
Lagos where she eventually hit fame and fortune along the way.

https://www.naij.com/739274-olajumoke-orisagunas-story-perfect-demonstration-witchcraft-rueben-abati.html
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by Oyiboman69: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
I believe she will find a way to cross the bridge when she gets there....
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by CACAWA(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
grin
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by demarc001: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Make she sha know how to maintain her champion. Make she no go pass her boundary, trust Naija entertainment industry, they will look for way to rubbish her
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by Gracito(f): 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Df
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by olamds(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
I just Give Her 365 days and few Hours....If she Did Not Set Standard For Herself in The Entertainment World...They Will definitely Write A script For her to follow And Innocently She Will Follow And Be Mentioned Among The Hottest Celebrities..(Half Naked Ones) To Maintain Her Ego..... I wish her Goodluck...And Grace To Be A Good Role Model We Respected/Expected Her To Be.
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by D9ty7(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Abati really made a lot of sense with this article. But since everyone's been praying to be like Olajumoke, I expect people to bash the man.
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by Histrings08(m): 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
Nyc one baba Reuben...
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
D9ty7:
Abati really made a lot of sense with this article. But since everyone's been praying to be like Olajumoke, I expect people to bash the man.
I agree with you. This is what he used to do before he became the mouthpiece for the clueless one. Aso Rock has a way of turning thinking people to zombies.
Re: Rueben Abati Writes On Fears For Olajumoke Orisaguna by chinchum(m): 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
She has a worthy mentor in TY bello, i have no fears for her.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Responsible For Worsening Violence In Rivers – Peterside / Aisha Buhari Receives Wife Of The Turkish President In Statehouse(photos) / Oil Price Increase-how Is It Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.