Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,279 members, 7,884,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers (99753 Views)

100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers / Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by jjbest123(m): 1:17am On Sep 23, 2017
Ebarefeye:
Hello Everyone
Just came across this post, it's really cool.
However, is there a WhatsApp group for newbie farmers? Kindly add me 07059320316

Secondly, I bought 20 broilers (4 weeks old) 1st week of August 17, hoping to sell during the festive period.
A bag of feed lasts 11-13 days.
Am I doing the right thing?
I am not comfortable with their weight, which range from 1.8kg - 2kg.
What should I do?

Lastly, I also want to go into egg production, I intend rearing them at home (backyard) how possible is this? Plan is to start with 200 birds.
Hope to get answers soon
Best regards

P.S, the location is Benin city
For your first question,contact the first number on the post,well for your second question,you can increase their feed intake by providing additional light at night to enable them feed day and night.For you last question,you can start it any where,provide you have space,but if i may ask do you want to start with day old chicks or point of lay.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Are84(m): 6:38am On Sep 23, 2017
jjbest123:
First conduct a market survey in your area,here below are points you should have in mind when going for the survey;the sizes of the chickens in your area,the prices they are been sold and their weight too.That been said,you can start rearing by first week of next month,if you want to have a weighty bird.

I will do that, thanks alot
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by jjbest123(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2017
Are84:

I will do that, thanks alot
You are welcome
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Okadalifestyle(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please poultry equipment dealer who can help me with this drinker component. Whatsapp only 0seven051799two7. Thank you

1 Share

Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by jjbest123(m): 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Okadalifestyle:
Please poultry equipment dealer who can help me with this drinker component. Whatsapp only 0seven051799two7. Thank you
We at jiobestfarms also sell farm equipments,but we don't have this,you might check Farmafric Or Farmergiant they might have it,though it looks like DIY
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Okadalifestyle(m): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
jjbest123:
We at jiobestfarms also sell farm equipments,but we don't have this,you might check Farmafric Or Farmergiant they might have it,though it looks like DIY
Ok thank you. Do u have the contact to farmafric or farmgaints. It is DIY I jus need the red cuplike component. Thank u
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by jjbest123(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2017
Okadalifestyle:
Ok thank you. Do u have the contact to farmafric or farmgaints. It is DIY I jus need the red cuplike component. Thank u
Sorry for responding late. Here is the number---->>08182537352 08099515923 09094538737
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Niscolinx: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
jjbest123:
Good to know you are interested in poultry farming,first let me know if you want to start with four weeks old birds?
yap
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Are84(m): 5:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Good day house, the color of my day old chick faeces (dropping) is greenish, is it a good sign or not
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2017
Are84:
Good day house, the color of my day old chick faeces (dropping) is greenish, is it a good sign or not
It could be hunger, feed them well.

1 Like

Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Are84(m): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It could be hunger, feed them well.

OK, there is feed there and they r not eating but sleeping
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 1:45am On Oct 31, 2017
jjbest123:
For your first question,contact the first number on the post,well for your second question,you can increase their feed intake by providing additional light at night to enable them feed day and night.For you last question,you can start it any where,provide you have space,but if i may ask do you want to start with day old chicks or point of lay.

Have sent messages to both first and third number but have not been added sir. Anticipating for the membership of the WhatsApp group.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 1:48am On Oct 31, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It depends on your interest. You can check agro commodity trading from area of production to another area of consumption.

Eg buying yams from central states like Benue, nassarawa or Kogi to Portharcourt. The return is instant. You can be guaranteed a profit of at least 15% -40% weekly. You will be amazed to earn much more than before.

You can also explore distribution business if you have the capital

You can also train yourself online on other channels like Amazon dropshipping. Google for more. I am currently undergoing one now

Many channels open for success but only the determined and informed will make it

Thanks for your candid advise and exposure.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Dagaya(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
I just read through... I must say admins u guys are doing a great job.
Pls if there is a WhatsApp group for newbie farmers. I would very much like to be added. 08129823831.
Secondly I started rearing about 400 birds for Xmas sales..as at this time of typing, my birds(broilers) eat 2 bags per day, I have been feeding them starter for 2 months now..am just wondering if its normal for them to still be little?.
P.s. I feed them starter cus I read it makes dem weighty.
Am entering grower this week tho..
Is it OK to feed 300 plus broilers at 2 months old with 2 bags per day?
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by jjbest123(m): 5:58am On Nov 14, 2017
Dagaya:
I just read through... I must say admins u guys are doing a great job.
Pls if there is a WhatsApp group for newbie farmers. I would very much like to be added. 08129823831.
Secondly I started rearing about 400 birds for Xmas sales..as at this time of typing, my birds(broilers) eat 2 bags per day, I have been feeding them starter for 2 months now..am just wondering if its normal for them to still be little?.
P.s. I feed them starter cus I read it makes dem weighty.
Am entering grower this week tho..
Is it OK to feed 300 plus broilers at 2 months old with 2 bags per day?
Change to finisher immediately not grower,and do it this way mix half of the finisher with the starter and be feeding them,do it for a week,then switch to finisher completly.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Dagaya(m): 7:08am On Nov 14, 2017
jjbest123:
Change to finisher immediately not grower,and do it this way mix half of the finisher with the starter and be feeding them,do it for a week,then switch to finisher completly.

Thanks. Will do that immediately. Do you think the 2 bags per day for 300+ birds is OK?
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by jjbest123(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
gr8ofnnetwork:

Have sent messages to both first and third number but have not been added sir. Anticipating for the membership of the WhatsApp group.
Message the second number
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by shyenar999(m): 9:51am On Dec 27, 2017
For the farmers here that have raised n sold their broilers for the season can you please come back here and give us the details.....experience during raising, expenses from DOC till selloff both for feeding n vaccine .
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by manmidtexy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
I do buy D.O.C Broilers at Zartech or BNOT HAREL.

I have conscience and use only natural drugs only in form of liquid and not synthetic such as Lasota and others - reason i dont experience any sort of mortality by disease and i care of human health incase of any known and unknown name of any disease that may arise from all these synthetic drugs made by man.

I attained the least weight of 3.5kg of the 50 broilers reared from D.O.C to table size within 4 months.

I spent less than #86k for all in 4 months.

I sold each for #3,500.

A reasonable profit was made. You can do the math.

Thanks.

shyenar999:
For the farmers here that have raised n sold their broilers for the season can you please come back here and give us the details.....experience during raising, expenses from DOC till selloff both for feeding n vaccine .

3 Likes

Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by shyenar999(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
manmidtexy:

I have conscience and use only natural drugs only in form of liquid and not synthetic such as Lasota and others - reason i dont experience any sort of mortality by disease and i care of human health incase of any known and unknown name of any disease that may arise from all these synthetic drugs made by man.

I attained the least weight of 3.5kg of the 50 broilers reared from D.O.C to table size within 4 months.

I sold each for #3,500.

Thanks.

4 months!!!
That was a great work well done.
Sure u only raise for festive periods, or u do raise all year round?
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by gusismith: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
Great! Please can you make your strategy more elaborate?
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by gusismith: 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
manmidtexy:

I sold each for #3,500.

Thanks.

Great! Please can you make your strategy more elaborate?
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by gusismith: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

It depends on your interest. You can check agro commodity trading from area of production to another area of consumption.

Eg buying yams from central states like Benue, nassarawa or Kogi to Portharcourt. The return is instant. You can be guaranteed a profit of at least 15% -40% weekly. You will be amazed to earn much more than before.

You can also explore distribution business if you have the capital

You can also train yourself online on other channels like Amazon dropshipping. Google for more. I am currently undergoing one now

Many channels open for success but only the determined and informed will make it

Hello Sir, please I need to know about these other agro commodity trading and other business opportunities.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
gusismith:

Hello Sir, please I need to know about these other agro commodity trading and other business opportunities.
Your location?
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Tunapa10: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2018
Is it okay to use feed like dusa and corn mixture to feed broilers above 4 weeks or not
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
Tunapa10:
Is it okay to use feed like dusa and corn mixture to feed broilers above 4 weeks or not
Yes but you will add right amount of soyabeans (range between 25-35%) and add multivitamin feed addictive like Amintotal
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by skubby: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
pls oo my broiler r 14 days old nd still small,wat should i do pls?somebody help me collect dem from tuns farms.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by funnynation(m): 12:57am On Jan 29, 2018
Good morning house. Please I want to start a small scale poultry farm. I want to start with broiler. 150 birds to start. I want to use our one or two rooms of uncompleted building. Please somebody should guide me on how to go about it like;

1. Items I will buy, sew dust, latern, stove,
2. The feed name
3. Vaccine name and when to administer it
4. How to feed them
5. Day old or two weeks old which one that is better
6. Is like we have two types of broiler

Please somebody should give me a guide. I need it.
Re: Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers by AwotolaVictor(m): 4:52am On Jan 29, 2018
I Want To Start Poultry Bussiness,but I Don't Know The Steps......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.