Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration (27415 Views)

Photos Of Abba Moro,Others In Court Today, Bail Application Deferred To Tomorrow / Abba Moro Heads To Kuje Prisons / Hot: EFCC Re-opens 2014 Immigration Recruitment Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Gayigaskia(m): 4:33am On Feb 23, 2016
Where were those guys who are now claiming common sense.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by basty: 5:30am On Feb 23, 2016
oduastates:
This guy's charge should not only be corruption ,
They should throw the entire book at him

1 murder
2 attempted mirder
3Accessory to murder
4 Assualt and battery for the beatings
5 Bribery and corruption
6 misuse of office
7 conspiracy with intent to defraud.

Are you a policeman?
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by fortune1968: 5:44am On Feb 23, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Bring them to book and jail them if found guilty.

But why did they act after David Mark flogged APC in senatorial election and Abba Moro was the campaign director
na u sabi that one .The fact is - the incident happened or not ?Really,I hate this idea of not facing reality .If your brother had died in the incident ,Will you be saying this ?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Bobby4090: 5:44am On Feb 23, 2016
Ecoterrorism:

But why did they act after David Mark flogged APC in senatorial election and Abba Moro was the campaign director
And why should Mark allow a killer like Abba Moro be his campaign director if that's the case. Birds of a feather they say flock together. Mrs Mark should also get ready for her case in court as rumours have it that it's her company that Abba Moro used to register the job applicants and collect the money.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by fortune1968: 5:50am On Feb 23, 2016
FastShipping:
Despite the cloud over Abba Moro, Jonathan allowed him to stay as minister and vigorously campaigned for Jonathan's re-election.

Shameful.
indeed ,Jonathan was a tragedy !

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by fortune1968: 5:54am On Feb 23, 2016
BlackPeni5:
Buhari will also go to jail in due course for killing innocent protesters. So happy for the precedence this government is setting.
OK .you are suggesting that Jonathan should be taken to the gallows in this particular case. ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by blackpanda: 5:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Ecoterrorism:

Is there any special time they meant to act Stop these useless conspiracies already!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by TheAdvocate(m): 6:00am On Feb 23, 2016
FastShipping:
Despite the cloud over Abba Moro, Jonathan allowed him to stay as minister and vigorously campaigned for Jonathan's re-election.

Shameful.

What about Amaechi in Buhari's?
How abt Mohd Ndume facing boko haram terrorism charges but elected & now APC Chief Whip?
How about Sylvia's emergence as Bayelsa APC Governorship candidate & late Abubakar Audu for Kogi while facing corruption charges?
Abeg leave Thrash for LAWMA
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by rexzqcom(m): 6:04am On Feb 23, 2016
To me personally, not probing this incident and punishing the perpetrators of the crime was the lowest point of GEJ administration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by joseph1832(m): 6:12am On Feb 23, 2016
Yes! I couldn't be more happier hearing this news because those who died in that scam deserve justice, also, the EFCC should even question Abba Moro and ask for his accomplices.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by joseph1832(m): 6:14am On Feb 23, 2016
TheAdvocate:

What about Amaechi in Buhari's?
How abt Mohd Ndume facing boko haram terrorism charges but elected & now APC Chief Whip?
How about Sylvia's emergence as Bayelsa APC Governorship candidate & late Abubakar Audu for Kogi while facing corruption charges?
Abeg leave Thrash for LAWMA
Please learn to keep mute and debate with facts not sentiment.

Did the people you mentioned scam job seekers and readily lead them to their death?

No be only leave thrash for LAWMA.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by chukel(m): 6:24am On Feb 23, 2016
MrFairplay4ume:
And the fight continues !!! Long over due!

I recalled how some corpers then silently applied for this scam without notifying other corpers only to come back lamenting on their agony! I couldn't help laugh that day. This man need to go through the agony he made graduates went through didn't pity him at al.
ur English na wa o.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by chukel(m): 6:36am On Feb 23, 2016
davidif:

Why should anyone take permission from a senator before arresting a suspect? What country does that happen in?
that's sarcasm. Where Is ur sense of humour

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by biookuta(m): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2016
Titilayodeji13:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday arrested a former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, over the Nigerian Immigration recruitment scam in which no fewer than 20 job seekers died.
Also arrested by the anti-graft agency were former Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Anaesthesia Nwaobia, and a deputy director who allegedly facilitated the scam.

A source at the commission, who cannot be named because she is not authorised to speak on the matter, told PREMIUM TIMES the three suspects were picked up in the evening.

“They were brought into the commission’s headquarters today and will be arraigned on a 12-count charge in the Federal High Court Abuja on Tuesday,” the source said.

Some of the charges against Mr. Moro and his colleagues include obtaining by false pretence, procurement offences, corrupt practices and money laundering.

At least nine job seekers died on March 15, 2014 at the Abuja National Stadium while scrambling to secure seats for a recruitment test into the Nigerian Immigration Service.

The stampede ensued after the over 200,000 job seekers scrambled through a poorly organized barricade at the stadium.

In Port Harcourt, Rivers State, four applicants died from the stampede while 12 others sustained injuries and were rushed to Rivers government-owned Braithwaite Memorial Hospital.

After the March 15 tragedy, several Nigerians demanded the resignation or dismissal of Mr. Moro and the Comptroller-General of Immigration, David Parradang, as well as their criminal prosecution for involuntary homicide.

They were accused of putting in place a sham recruitment process that enabled the interior ministry to extort at least N520 million in compulsory levy imposed on applicants.

The minister, who initially blamed impatience and refusal by applicants to abide by instructions for the tragedy, later accepted responsibility for the incident.
He, however, refused to step down.
Speaking on a Channels TV’s breakfast programme, Sunrise, on October 20, 2014, Mr. Moro made it clear he would not resign, saying he would rather stay put in office to clear the mess caused by the incidence.
“The point at which we are now is not about resignation. That time has gone,” Mr. Morro said in response to a question over why he refused to quit.
“At the time (people were calling for his resignation), I think emotions were very high. I was in the eye of a storm.

“At that time, a lot of options were on the table… The issue is do you resign or do you stay to sort out the problem that have been created?
“I decided that staying and mopping up the mess caused by the lack of proper implementation of our plans is better. That’s the point we are now.”
The minister said Nigerians should consider the tragedy as an accident which he too did not plan for or envisage.
“I also have families. I didn’t set out on that journey knowing that accident would occur that would lead to the death of human beings.
“We took everything into proper perspective. If we had succeeded, a few Nigerians would have congratulated us for the job well done.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198842-breaking-efcc-arrests-ex-minister-abba-moro-two-others-2014-immigration-recruitment-scam.html
I just need my 1000 naira back
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Intendy: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2016
FastShipping:

Shameful.
and the wailers will still say he way the best thing to have happened to Nigeria.
tufiakwa
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 23, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Please stick to celebrity section and Tonto Dike..

Show us a case that the ineffectual Magu has successfully prosecuted the same way he grants newspaper interviews. Or you forever remain silent... I be your elder...
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by EasternLion: 6:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Kill that Abba Moro bastard, yeye, infact the terrorist in chief should cut off his neck, I support.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by jaybee3(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2016
Aba slowpoke
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Osinachi1986(m): 7:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Crusify him joor
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by codedguy1(m): 7:17am On Feb 23, 2016
davidif:

Bro, it's because we have a closed primary system where in each party, it's the cabals and insiders that chose their presidential candidates. If we had open primaries like they do in the U.S where the public votes for the winners of the primaries in each election cycle, I believe we would have better candidates.

What this means is that all the candidates for each party (whether APC or PDP) would declare and run against each other over a period of time and the people (registered party members) all over the country would decide. Whoever wins the most states gets to represent their party in the general elections. This ensures that the creme de la crème gets to represent their party as the sole candidate in their general elections as opposed to just anyone who can buy off party members.

Another reason why the Nigerian electoral system does not work is that people seem to be more caught up with voting for parties as opposed to voting for actual individuals. So if the party leader is mediocre, then thats who they are stuck with.

I believe 2 major things are wrong with us in this country:

1, Our attitude towards leadership or rather our attitude when we get to leadership positions - it seems all sense of decorum and empathy is thrown out of the window and the innate selfish nature just takes over. I just can't explain.

2, The structure of this country, including electoral and constitution as it is presently constituted will always make us never reach our true potentials as a country.

No be swear!
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Bigtoto(f): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2016
WITCH -HAUNTING!!!!!!!!

I will Cry ooh!!!!

Winchi winchi!!

Buhari the last winch Hunter!

How much collected so far?
You collect cash from people to pay for your tourism
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by otokx(m): 7:59am On Feb 23, 2016
At the end it may go the way of Aluu4, no thanks to insufficient abi inadmissible evidence.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by BlackPeni5: 8:21am On Feb 23, 2016
Ishilove:

So you're still on NL?
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want...even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..I shall fear no evil.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by WASMOG(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2016
davidif:

Why should anyone take permission from a senator before arresting a suspect? What country does that happen in?
just mocking the biafrans

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by TheBlackGeneral(m): 8:31am On Feb 23, 2016
He should be raped in public! Heartless slowpoke!
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by aylipple: 8:53am On Feb 23, 2016
If Moro was arrested after the rerun was ordered & while serving as Senator Mark's Campaign DG, the PDP would've screamed witch-hunt. But since they won, he can be picked up without much fuss, if any.
Ecoterrorism:

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by frainc(m): 9:14am On Feb 23, 2016
Even though I dislike this BUBU man
But on this i support him.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by emzila(m): 9:32am On Feb 23, 2016
JUSTICE FOR THE YOUTHS AT LAST

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by gbishman: 11:49am On Feb 23, 2016
You see some times, when I hear Nigerian leaders blab about them not being responsible for accidents or occurrences it puzzles me.
One would expect that prior to the exercise which lead to the calamity, the organisers would have explored all possible scenarios, risk analysis, weighted the outcome and come up with an intervention plan.
So, in my case this shouldn’t have happened.
Again it is evident that those stadiums have a design sitting capacity, which ought not to have been exceeded.
So, as for this I expect some people to be held responsible and made to pay for his gross incompetence.
Imagine an engineer designing and constructing a bridge structure which eventually collapsed and killed people, the project engineer would not blame anyone than himself.
So, Its is also a leadership quality for leaders to own responsibilities and failures.
Especially when it has lead to loss of life.
As for the money paid for scratch cards which was in excess of the prescribed quantity, It must be investigated and fouling corrupt officials brought to book.
Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by Ojukwufrank: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2016
jekben:
Useless arrests every day, when will this useless northern and South western illiterate president face a serious business like the dwindling economy?

You are a disgrace to your family. Shame

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration by omoigbomina(m): 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kockane:
Crucify him!!!
e kan mo agbelebu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara Rally: Chop Alone, You Die Alone. It's Tinubu's Turn To Chop - Lalong / 2019: Eze Madumere & Uche Nwosu's Supporters Clash In Mbaitoli LGA, Many Wounded / El-Rufai Recovers, Tests Negative To Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.