Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:21 PM

Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) (38064 Views)

The Married Woman Who Died With Her Lover In A Car During Sex In Lagos Pictured / "Don't Kill Your Wife, It's Our Job" Advert Board Seen In Lagos (Pictured) / Teacher Arrested For Defiling A 12-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by dre11(m): 8:48am On Feb 23, 2016
Female corporal killed while trying to arrest the driver that flouted traffic regulations

A female corporal, Evelyn Ele-Amuta, attached to X-Squad of Lagos State Police Command, has been killed by a hit-and-run commercial bus driver. Ele-Amuta, a motherof one, was said to be at her duty post at Ikorodu area when the incident occurred.

The late Ele-Amuta was at the time with the Officer in Charge (OC) of the XSquad.

Witnesses said she was attempting to arrest a driver, who flouted traffic regulation when the driver suddenly reversed, ran over her and fled. A police source said: “Evelyn went to arrest a criminal.

She was in the company of the OC X-Squad. On their way to Ikeja, from Ikorodu, where they went for investigation, they saw a commercial vehicle driving against traffic. They succeeded in arresting the driver, but as they were about to order him out of his vehicle, he suddenly reversed, hit Evelyn and escaped.

The OC X-Squad quickly called for help. He took her to the nearest hospital. “The doctors demanded for police report before they could treat her. This was despite the fact that the OC introduced himself as a police officer. Evelyn died shortly after.

She has since been buried in her village in Kogi State.” Policemen attached to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos State, have taken over the investigation of Ele-Amuta’s death.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/driver-resists-arrest-kills-female-corporal/

1 Share

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by balash(m): 8:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Rip
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by psucc(m): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2016
This is too much o! Death everywhere. Death all the time! Death at the slightest provocation.
May the Almighty God save us in Jesus name amen.

6 Likes

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Adonis3: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2016
nawa ooo

Rip sha
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by dominique(f): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
The police were given a dose of their own medicine

RIP to the deceased, may God console those she left behind

14 Likes

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
May God locate the driver n hit n run him 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by makdcash(m): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
AMEN
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by MILFangela(f): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pathetic
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
dominique:

SHOW SOME RESPECT
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Tpave(m): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Chai it's a pity. RIP
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by johntaiwo123(m): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by drdrei09: 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
So far so good we still living today
But we don't know what tomorrow brings
In this crazy world
People dying like flies every day
You read about it in the news
But you don't believe it
You'll only know about it
When the man in the long black coat
Knocks on your door
'Cause you're his next victim

God gives the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Rip beautiful fuzz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by pythonkid(m): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
End time doctors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Kangol99(m): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
dat's Very Bad

1 Like

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by sonnie10: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
dominique:

Can't believe someone just said this, and a lady for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by sukkot: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
hmm
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by amunkita(m): 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
Where i enjoy the most is the hospital asking for police report..
Tell me if her village people re not involved for a hospital asking a police officer for police report to same.

Police terrorize hospital for treating without police report, now their own ve been served with same police report iish..

My Advise for the driver is to sell that vehicle nd use the proceed to relocate down to Sambisa or chad were our police re scared to go...

RIP madam just that 100naira ve cost u ur most precious....

8 Likes

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Bsc(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
RIP mama ekelebe .... May God grant ur family the fortitude to bear ur loss. To other officers ...mind as u take dey stand for road , no be una papa palour..

1 Like

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by MansaMoussa: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
dominique:

The doctor that requested for police report deserves a medal..shey na last month wey police shoot doctor for head for Owerri...well, payback is a Bitch isn't she?
R.i.p to the dead sha

Morale: be kind to people you meet on the streets, you may meet them in the emergency room.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by MansaMoussa: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
dominique:

The doctor that requested for police report deserves a medal...
R.i.p to the dead sha
#stillgotnoloveforthepoposha

5 Likes

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Mutuwa(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
I wonder the kind beating wey this driver go chop before his prosecutions,that is if he will live to witness any.
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by saintfizzo(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
undecided this country needs a Fucking upgrade
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by GlassDoc: 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
na wa o
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by walkitalki(f): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
despite her effort to curb indiscipline which took her life the visionless govt wont see these, the govt of these country aint worth dying for. RIP
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Projectors(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Rest in Peace brave woman
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by dandostism88(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
drdrei09:
God gives the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Rip beautiful soldier

Pls NA POLICE NO BE SOLDIER OOO

1 Like

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by seun1960(m): 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
i love this country 9ja...though it pity she lost her life trying to help the nation, may her gentle soul rest in peace. but something very funny happened 'how can a police report be requested from a police officer'. 9ja na we own.
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by Ahmed3rdjuly: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is why we have to ban commercial buses in Lagos.
Their criminal and unlawful activities are beyond imagination (one chance, ritualism, hit and run, traffic offences, overspending, frequent breakdowns, traffic disruptions etc)
But before then the govt must provide enough BRTs like the London metro, trams, light rails and other efficient and sustainable means of public transportation
Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by airsaylongcon: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
DashMeYansh:

SHOW SOME RESPECT

Show what respect? To whom? Nigerian police? Because their colleague was felled? After what the bastards made me go through when I lost someone dear in a road traffic accident, I have no pity for police. I went through hell to get the remains of my loved one while police were just interested in collecting money from me. Dia fada well well

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by laprince(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
sonnie10:

Can't believe someone just said this, and a lady for that matter.

Its a pity she lost her life. Besides, you should believe that its coming from a lady.

Police has killed more civilians unlawfully, than civilians have killed them.

May her soul RIP

3 Likes

Re: Driver Kills Female Corporal In Lagos (pictured) by seun1960(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
i love this country 9ja...how can a police report be requested from a police officer. 9ja i hail ooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronke Shonde's Murderer, Lekan Shonde, Wanted By Lagos Police / Son Kills His Father In Kwara, Sells His Body Parts To Ritualists / Badoo Member Caught In Ogun State, Beaten To Pulp By Mob (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.