Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,606 members, 7,888,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage (1331 Views)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / I Am Beginning To Despise My Fiance' / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by chukspol(m): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2016
I am a 'traditional' catholic, well bred and properly schooled. I was raised in a humble and contented family. we are not known with the word 'ENVY' not to talk of JEALOUS. We are not known to adversely admire what we cannot afford at the moment, while praying God to grant the means to make life less stressful, as we were taught that u cannot completely remove lack and stress in life. I met and married someone I thought grew with the same lessons even though not of the same denomination. I saw her through school and she is done with her NYSC. We have two kids.
The problem is that she has refused to leave her formal lovers. I have had conflicted ideas on the use of 'togo' 'whatsapp' and other chat-up media sites, as she chats with one 'first love' 'formal teacher' 'sister's lover' 'childhood friend' and so on till late even when am sleeping on the same bed.The Bible says that ' ......if men should use wet wood like this, what will when if it is dry.....'. I earn a salary of more than 120k (,50% for family,40% for rainy days} and live a contented and religious life but my wife compares me with my colleagues who are either more favoured or do illegalities. She always desire a better life which I promise by the grace GOD but not a flamboyant one, always complaining of our present condition of living which is even better than than our neighbours. If not for my strong CATHOLIC background i would have done something illegal to make her life better. But life has thought me that if u are not contented with thousands how guaranteed are u to be contented with million?. Am at a cross road and about to do something 'UNCATHOLIC'.

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Pineapp: 10:08am On Feb 23, 2016
In summary,you are not doing anything extraordinary because you are "catholic"... You are deceiving yourself. undecided
Being catholic should not limit you to trying new things.

Don't lose faith. Marriage is for better for worse.
This is one among many trial times

2 Likes

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Amhappy(f): 10:35am On Feb 23, 2016
Do not be pushed to do illegal things to satisfy your wife. If you do and you are caught,she will be the first to criticize you. Look for legal means to improve your family income and also something for her to do (hope she is not handicapped). Some ladies(me inclusive) do this a lot and if you are not careful,you will enter trouble(more reason why you should be strong willed as a man). The way you are living is not necessary because you are a catholic,it is the way your parents lived and taught you. There are Catholics committing fraud to survive and see it as nothing. I'm a Catholic too. I strongly believe in trusting God as a Christian for my finances while working hard and trying new things. The Bible said that whatever the righteous does will prosper(read Psalm 1).

4 Likes

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Dyt(f): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Marriage and finances
Hian

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Chidoks(f): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2016
Why do good men end up with selfish women?
Why do decent women end up with irresponsible men?
However, how strong willed are you? I believe a man ought to be stronger than the wife, I believe a man should be in control. So are you in control of your home? It's your spiritual responsibility to determine the course of your home.
When she chats what do you do/ say?
When she compares you to others , what do you do?
Didn't you notice some of these traits you don't like during courtship? What did you do then?
You have to gradually let her know you can't be any other person but you. Communication matters.
Don't be harsh
Take your stand and be as firm as permissible.
Do you guys do morning devotion? Be the pastor during the devotion, always refer to scripture passages that frown at her wrong deeds...
God help you
Though challenges come up in marriages; don't give up/ in, marriage is very sweet!

4 Likes

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Richy4(m): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
challenging her to stop those chatting does not make u a good or a bad catholic... It is just for your sanity.... She is obviously driving you crazy with that technology thing and you are deceiving yourself in the name of catholic......

In the olden days, when there was no technology, When a married woman was in a public place like restaurant chatting privately with an old lover, it is widely seen as cheating......But this days, Technology has made it quite easy...A married woman can stay at her matrimonial bed and chat for hours with her former lover.... and it kind of feels ok.....I guess this is some of the things we will tell our forefathers when we get to the other side......those thing they did not witness....

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by byvan03: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
The next time she compares you with anybody, tell her to go and marry them, mean it when you say it. Women like her have been uplifting their families, let her shut up and get to work. Why will she be chatting with ex lovers? You are really tolerating nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Sunnypar(m): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Blessedtwins!!!!
Toks2008
Smartchoices
CherrCherrymum
Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Sunnypar(m): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
Chidoks:
Why do good men end up with selfish women?
Why do decent women end up with irresponsible men?
However, how strong willed are you? I believe a man ought to be stronger than the wife, I believe a man should be in control. So are you in control of your home? It's your spiritual responsibility to determine the course of your home.
When she chats what do you do/ say?
When she compares you to others , what do you do?
Didn't you notice some of these traits you don't like during courtship? What did you do then?
You have to gradually let her know you can't be any other person but you. Communication matters.
Don't be harsh
Take your stand and be as firm as permissible.
Do you guys do morning devotion? Be the pastor during the devotion, always refer to scripture passages that frown at her wrong deeds...
God help you
Though challenges come up in marriages; don't give up/ in, marriage is very sweet!
During courtship you don't see some of these things because both parties would pretend especially the female. Anyway, marriage brings out the best and the worst in you....you decide......many Bleep their way through courtship, gift as small as phone to determine if he cares, a million of them use money to determine of his capable of taking care of them..... All in all women like being deceived.
Enjoy your marriage.....it a do or die affair.
Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by GodnGold: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please stop mentioning Catholicism.
Every woman compares...ok?
Especially if she is not working.
Relax jooo.
Stop complaining and help her get a job if she has none.
With little time to look at her phone,she will understand better how hard it is to make money and lesser time for her chitty chatty friends.
If you reside in lagos,choi!na there e enter well well.
It is just a phase. ..
Better still...get her pregnant again...
Am a woman ooo and I play too much.
Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Sunnypar(m): 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
byvan03:
The next time she compares you with anybody, tell her to go and marry them, mean it when you say it. Women like her have been uplifting their families, let her shut up and get to work. Why will she be chatting with ex lovers? You are really tolerating nonsense.
His the one giving room for such.
Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by PresVA: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
You're just too soft Op... Imagine chatting with ex lovers while on the same bed with you. .. what nerves??
Tell her to stop any communication she has with any ex from today or else you help her stop it..be mean and firm while telling her this!!

Don't let anyone push you into illegitimate stuff because if you're caught, she will just continue with her life while you languish. .Besides, it's not just right. ..
There are many ways to increase your income legally. .
Pay deaf ears to her comparisons...mtcheeew
Wonder if she didn't see those rich people before saying I do to you. ..
Also, some women have also achieved a lot for themselves financially, what has she achieved?

2 Likes

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by blessedtwins: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sunnypar anything?

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by WHOcarex: 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
By the time you do something"UNCATHOLIC" and end up in jail, that ya wife go marry another man sharply.
Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Blade21: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
she doesn't have a job that's why she's behaving like this calm down try and get her a job so she works hard and makes money too for herself and stop hiding under the church improve yourself financially and stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by thorpido(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
Op,you didn't say anything about what your wife does?Is she not working?Tell her there are women supporting their husbands financially and some even handle most of the finances.Tell her they are women like her.

Don't let her push you into anything illegal because you might blame yourself at the end and she will still blame you.
You have to be firmer with you wife.How can she be on the same bed with you and keep chatting late into the night?
Re: Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Marriage by Dheartless: 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
I jor like men wey nor fit take control . guy remain a push over till you become an armed robber.

nanshence!

(1) (Reply)

Caught Husband Sex Chatting / Why Are Montessori School Expensive, Does It Really Worth It? / Black Palm Kernel Oil, PKO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.