Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,057 members, 7,970,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:59 AM

I Want My Facebook Back! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want My Facebook Back! (881 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want My Facebook Back! by mona83(f): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2009
To whoever is reading this, i really need your help. That's why i'm posting this in the "tech-ies" zones. I was trying to register my aunt. She is internet-illiterate and doesnt even have an email, so i tried to open one for her but the network was bad, so it wouldn't go through. Eventually, i (foolishly)thought to use my own email for her with a different password from my own.

My thinking was that i would use my own email to help register her on Facebook, then she would get her own email later and change her details.
If i had known i would get my fingers burnt in the process, i would not have bothered. Eventually, i created the Facebook account for her, then tried to log in to my own but I WAS DENIED ACCESS, i had become a stranger in my own home. I have tried all sorts, including deactivating my aunt's acount, changing passwords and contact email, all in a bid to rectify the error but i only made a mess of things. Till this moment, i have been unable to log in and its as though a huge chunk of my life has been bitten off. I miss chatting with my friends who are thousands of miles away from me. i miss hooking up with the long lost relatives that Facebook re-united me with, i miss replying my friends' comments on my pictures, i miss Facebook.

I also have loads of pictures and literary works on there that i can ill-afford to lose. So, please HELP!!!!
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by femu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2009
I don't think facebook would have allowed you to register a new different account using an existing account's email address.
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by mona83(f): 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
femu:

I don't think facebook would have allowed you to register a new different account using an existing account's email address.

Yeah, Femu. Thanks. So i thought too, I went into it thinking i had nothing to lose, i felt at the very worst, the new registration would be disallowed, but that just goes to show that even "almighty" Facebook is not error-proof, I only wish i didn't have to be the "scape-chick". I've tried severally to reach the Facebook admins to have a chat one-on-one, all to no avail. Sent mails but they still have not responded.
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by femu(m): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2009
u can IM(femu_2001@yahoo.com) me for further assistance
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by mona83(f): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
Ok.
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by Z1mbabwean: 2:15am On Jul 20, 2009
This is the funniest topic ever, The God must be crazy - facebook version
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by mona83(f): 4:39am On Jul 20, 2009
Z1mbabwean:

This is the funniest topic ever, The God must be crazy - facebook version

grin grin grin
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by bigafees: 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
That shows you and your sister are playing the same wing, you too dont know anything about computer, how can u be expecting facebook to allow one e-mail addreess for two people
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by femi4: 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
Its not that difficult,You can contact facebook using the help centre by the top right corner of the facebook page and follow the subsequent instructions carefully. u can reach me on
Re: I Want My Facebook Back! by Bossman(m): 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2009
Try to contact facebook. They will want proof that the email belongs to you. that they can do by sending en embedded link to the email address. However, I am not sure FB will totally remove an email address right away, even if you deactivate it like you said you did. I am really surprised you were able to register your aunt with an email address that is already being used. It allowed it, but it deactivated the current account instantly.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook&mark Zukerberg Again! / Short Sms Code Purchase / Database Development Using Access / VBA Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.