Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,848 members, 7,886,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

UCH Writes Off Ibadan Quintuplets’ Bill - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UCH Writes Off Ibadan Quintuplets’ Bill (406 Views)

UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Kwara (5 Babies Same Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCH Writes Off Ibadan Quintuplets’ Bill by Topam: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Relief came to the parents of the Ibadan quintuplets as the management of the University College Hospital, UCH, has waived all incurred bills.
The cheering news was made known by the hospital’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. Deji Bobade, who said the Chief Medical Director of the teaching hospital, Professor Temitope Alonge, had approved the waiver.
The babies’ father, Alfa Yussuf Rasaq, and his wife, Shakirat, will not have to pay for drugs, investigations, tests, surgery and all the facilities used for their babies throughout their admission in the hospital.
Bobade told Vanguard yesterday: “As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, UCH, Ibadan management, waived the total hospital bill incurred by the five babies and their mum.”
When asked what prompted the action, Mr. Bobade explained that the management took the step when it discovered the economic situation of the family.
He said: “In our clime, it is not common to have five babies at once. It now behoves on the hospital to give him a waiver and that includes investigation, tests, surgery and other costs incurred.
“We have told them to compile all the receipts issued to themý so that the hospital can refund it. In addition, the waiver also covers all other tests and investigations that will be done throughout their stay in the hospital.”
Rasaq rejoices
Father said: “Thanks to the management of this hospital. The doctors and other medical personnel have been so wonderful. I thank God we came to this hospital. Before now, I was afraid. But now, I can heave a sigh of relief. I thank God for all these gestures of the management and other Nigerians.”
Despite the goodwill of well meaning Nigerians, the father of the babies said he still entertains fear of what happens when the babies leave the hospital.
He said: “What becomes of these children after leaving the hospital? ýWe live in a one room apartment at 23, Akeem Street, Ijokodo, Ibadan. It is difficult for me to realise N500 per day with the type of work I do. How will I feed seven babies three times a day?”
He said he would be prepared to go into business if he has the money.
‘How the babies came’
Speaking on how the babies were conceived, the Quranic teacher said: “After two children, I told my wife that we had to plan our family. I told her we have to pause and when we are financially okay, we will have more.
“She went for family planning. After three months, we decided to have another baby. But, there was no pregnancy for about a year. She started visiting a private hospital at Apete, Ibadan.
“After sometime, something unusual started happening to my wife. Normally, she does not spit during pregnancy. She suddenly started spitting and we later confirmed that she was conceived of five babies. I did not believe it at first. Now, here we are now.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/uch-writes-off-ibadan-quintuplets-bill/
lalasticlala
Re: UCH Writes Off Ibadan Quintuplets’ Bill by emamos: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
Gud
Re: UCH Writes Off Ibadan Quintuplets’ Bill by Pheals(f): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
So their payment is equivalent to the amount of childs given birth to ?
Re: UCH Writes Off Ibadan Quintuplets’ Bill by Yustash001(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nice move....bt wait o...it's an unexpected blessing five babies at a time...

(1) (Reply)

Cute Ponytails / Four Must See Recommendations For Health And Fitness / Http://colonrejuvenatorsite.com/lovita-derma-care-cream/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.