Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Should We Still Give Him Time? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Still Give Him Time? (466 Views)

Buhari Is Going To Do Well, Give Him Time – Anglican Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Still Give Him Time? by coolscott(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
[size=13pt]We complained some time ago that we didn't see the Buhari Administration doing well especially when a lot of time was wasted in getting ministers appointed and when long-awaited list of ministers was released.

Many said it was too early to complain or judge.

I personally thought it was too early but after the ministerial list had come out, I felt I had seen the inner workings of the mind(s) at the helm of affairs and what I saw was not impressive or promising at all to say the least.

Now and almost a year into office are we still supposed to give the president (or the administration in general) time to galvanize his team in a definite and defined political direction?

If we are to, how long are we supposed to wait? Almost 25% of this tenure is gone.

The rest of the world will not say "The Nigerians are taking their time. Let us slow down for them". By marking time, we may actually be speeding backwards.

Should we still give him this president time?
[/size]
Re: Should We Still Give Him Time? by babyfaceafrica: 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
He doesn't need your time

2 Likes

Re: Should We Still Give Him Time? by kenny987(f): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2016
There is no choice really. He's in there and knowing Nigerian politics as well as barring any unforseen circumstances by nature, this government will continue as is. The earliest time for any change is 2019 in other words, they've got all the time they need already.

However, sane members of the public must play their roles by scrutinising every policy and move. Where it is wrong, it must be announced through every avenue and condemned as such. Where it is right and beneficial to the masses, it is our due and therefore acceptable.

At no point must we roll over and play dead because one is trying to be politically correct or more Catholic than the Pope or maybe trying to avoid being labelled a wailer or tribalist.
Re: Should We Still Give Him Time? by yomi007k(m): 12:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Op, if u were to solve Nigeria's problem how long do u think u wud use?
Re: Should We Still Give Him Time? by lomaxx: 1:36am On Feb 24, 2016
Against the background that a magic wand was ready in hand, I think the time is far spent.

Against a realistic background that Nigeria is a complex entity requiring very sensitive, and sometimes brutal approaches to issues, sit tight and get ready for the ride.

(1) (Reply)

The Theory Of Feeding The Multitude With Loafs Of Bread And Fishes. / VIDEO: Nigerians Assess President Buhari's Governance / There Is Little Parents Can Do About Young Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.