Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,530 members, 7,975,118 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:14 PM

Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry (2187 Views)

Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) / Yoruba, A People Of Imperial History - In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Ajerry: 9:41am On Feb 24, 2016
Facts about Oba of Benin compare to yoruba
Oba
1) yoruba standpoint based on mythology
while the Edo take the reality option
2)yoruba see oduduwa(izududuwa) as god
descended from sky while the benin know his birth through Ekaladerhan
3)oba was never yoruba title until recently
adopted
4)yoruba has the population that why scholars
beliefs them. the most.but that not a basic-
comparing American english to the British because they has world power so you wont
conclude american own english?
5)reason some part of nigeria speak yoruba
including some part of edo is due to migration
and displacement in search of food and human
relation-the edo only conquered but lack zeal to teach bini language. presently we have edos
in ofigi idah kogi state where i just graduated.
6)the yoruba empire-oyo empire in my
secondary school days why exclude bini
empire?,because we have three major tribes in
nigeria coolBini empire conquer most part of nigeria and
present republic of benin with the help of the
Oba.presently edo is scatter in all part of nigeria.
SIMILARITIES
as though much similaraties it a long story
but we believe that the alafin of oyo and his people are our brothers from the same
oranmiyan because oranmiyan came to benin
to to give birth to Eweka 1.He was one who
left benin and returned to Ife. But by the time
he got to ife his father oduduwa or
Ekaladerhan may has died inconclusion if any chief is so envy of oba of benin(may him live
long) back to back from the time we fought
the white and the legend queen mother was a
hit and if you so much desire that title"OBA" so
much COME AND COLLECT IT".stil remain my
humble self A-jerry

source https://mobile.facebook.com/notes/a-jerry-poems/fact-about-oba-of-benin-compare-to-the-yoruba-oba-by-akene-jeremiah/1083138741729116/?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1083138741729116%3Atl_objid.1083138741729116%3Athid.100000990020361%3A306061129499414%3A51%3A0%3A1456819199%3A-1713149104257811998

1 Like

Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:51am On Feb 24, 2016
OP, just like the Oba of Benin Palace, you are wrong. The word, oba, is not a title for any king in Yorubaland. That is why we talk of Ooni of Ife, not Oba of Ife; Alaafin of Oyo, not Oba of Oyo; Owabokun of Ijesha, not Oba of Ijesha; Soun of Ogbomosho, not Oba of Ogbomosho, etc.
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Ajerry: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2016
the Edos deal with reality not myth the truth will soon come out
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by ellapius(f): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2016
when i was in uniben in 100l
we were given a book to read cram and pass a course gst 112 and 122 the course abut nigerian people and culture.the course is still done in uniben today.it is stated there in the book that a yoruba prince went to benin kingdom got one of their daughter pregnant and that he establish thr benin kingdom with his father as the overall ruler
and he left the town benin becos the people were soo troublesome and mad him angry all the time. so all he always refered to benin kingdom as ile ibinu.that the land of vexation.meaning benin
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Ajerry: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2016
ellapius:
we were given a book to read cram and pass a course gst 112 and 122 the course abut nigerian people and culture.the course is still done in uniben today.it is stated there in the book that a yoruba prince went to benin kingdom got one of their daughter pregnant and that he establish thr benin kingdom with his father as the overall ruler
and he left the town benin becos the people were soo troublesome and mad him angry all the time. so all he always refered to benin kingdom as ile ibinu.that the land of vexation.meaning benin

does it stop the fact that most african history is been corrupted by the white my dear friend try and read ur root not through myth
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by ellapius(f): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ajerry:

does it stop the fact that most african history is been corrupted by the white my dear friend try and read ur root not through myth
how else do u want me to no my history.i read the painful thing is that historians like u allowed that book in universities to be read by us the novice to read and be informed.so all we get is the disfunctional whitemen version of the truth.there are many more like me
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by pdpchangeapc(m): 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
ellapius:
how else do u want me to no my history.i read the painful thing is that historians like u allowed that book in universities to be read by us the novice to read and be informed.so all we get is the disfunctional whitemen version of the truth.there are many more like me
What do you mean by dysfunctional whitemen version of history? By extension it means we have been given dyfunctional training on Accountancy, Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture etc. You dont have to deny the existing facts to suit yourself.
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by ellapius(f): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
pdpchangeapc:

What do you mean by dysfunctional whitemen version of history? By extension it means we have been given dyfunctional training on Accountancy, Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture etc. You dont have to deny the existing facts to suit yourself.
i was just repeating wat u said............the white man dont no much abut us so they should av written anytin abut us as far as history is concern.other we can learn from them
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Tunami(m): 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
op u funny die, so because there is a country named benin republic you're now saying that benin conquered to some parts of benin republic? You would have also tell us that the people of niger state conquered some parts of niger republic.
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Ajerry: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tunami:
op u funny die, so because there is a country named benin republic you're now saying that benin conquered to some parts of benin republic? You would have also tell us that the people of niger state conquered some parts of niger republic.

Check history pls it was recently affirm by them too
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Tunami(m): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ajerry:

Check history pls it was recently affirm by them too
which them are you talking about because i've never heard of such before? Or is it the name '' Benin republic'' that is deceiving you?
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Ajerry: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tunami:
Lagos (EKO) was established as a WAR CAMP by Oba ORHOGBUA in the 1500's. It was an attempt by Oba Orhogbua to control the present day coastline of Nigeria about 600 years ago. Oba Orhogbua had been trained in Portugal in one of their naval schools. He understood the power of navigation and sea power because , the Portuguese power was based on naval power then. On his assumption to the throne, he organised either independently or with the help of the Portuguese, an expendition to established control over the present day coastline, extending from Togo, the present day Republic of Benin down to the borders of modern Gabon.
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Tunami(m): 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ajerry:

Lagos (EKO) was established as a WAR CAMP by Oba ORHOGBUA in the 1500's. It was an attempt by Oba Orhogbua to control the present day coastline of Nigeria about 600 years ago. Oba Orhogbua had been trained in Portugal in one of their naval schools. He understood the power of navigation and sea power because , the Portuguese power was based on naval power then. On his assumption to the throne, he organised either independently or with the help of the Portuguese, an expendition to established control over the present day coastline, extending from Togo, the present day Republic of Benin down to the borders of modern Gabon.
you just wasted your mb, you would have just say that the Binis own Lagos.hahaha.
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 25, 2016
ellapius:

THE PRINCE WENT TO BENIN AND BECOME A KING....DID THE PRINCE COME AS A WARRIOR....WAS THERE A CIVIL WAR IN EDO WHEN HE ARRIVED...WHO BROUGHT THE PRINCE TO BENIN....

THESE ARE SOME QUESTIONS A GOOD HISTORY STUDENT MUST ASK....IF YOU WERE IN UNIBEN THE BEST IS TO MINGLE WITH THE LOCALS TO GET ORAL EVIDENCE ON THE HISTORY OF BENIN....

ALSO I GUESS THAT BOOK WAS THE ONE WRITTEN BY EGHAREVBA?
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by ellapius(f): 7:03am On Feb 25, 2016
opal4real:

THE PRINCE WENT TO BENIN AND BECOME A KING....DID THE PRINCE COME AS A WARRIOR....WAS THERE A CIVIL WAR IN EDO WHEN HE ARRIVED...WHO BROUGHT THE PRINCE TO BENIN....

THESE ARE SOME QUESTIONS A GOOD HISTORY STUDENT MUST ASK....IF YOU WERE IN UNIBEN THE BEST IS TO MINGLE WITH THE LOCALS TO GET ORAL EVIDENCE ON THE HISTORY OF BENIN....

ALSO I GUESS THAT BOOK WAS THE ONE WRITTEN BY EGHAREVBA?
hnmm......wul spend all the time i have doibg this for s 2unit coursr noooo.i read it to pass
Re: Fact ABOUT Oba Of Benin Compare To The Yoruba -a-jerry by oyatz(m): 11:57am On Feb 27, 2016
Ajerry:
Facts about Oba of Benin compare to yoruba
Oba
1) yoruba standpoint based on mythology
while the Edo take the reality option
2)yoruba see oduduwa(izududuwa) as god
descended from sky while the benin know his birth through Ekaladerhan
3)oba was never yoruba title until recently
adopted
4)yoruba has the population that why scholars
beliefs them. the most.but that not a basic-
comparing American english to the British because they has world power so you wont
conclude american own english?
5)reason some part of nigeria speak yoruba
including some part of edo is due to migration
and displacement in search of food and human
relation-the edo only conquered but lack zeal to teach bini language. presently we have edos
in ofigi idah kogi state where i just graduated.
6)the yoruba empire-oyo empire in my
secondary school days why exclude bini
empire?,because we have three major tribes in
nigeria coolBini empire conquer most part of nigeria and
present republic of benin with the help of the
Oba.presently edo is scatter in all part of nigeria.
SIMILARITIES
as though much similaraties it a long story
but we believe that the alafin of oyo and his people are our brothers from the same
oranmiyan because oranmiyan came to benin
to to give birth to Eweka 1.He was one who
left benin and returned to Ife. But by the time
he got to ife his father oduduwa or
Ekaladerhan may has died inconclusion if any chief is so envy of oba of benin(may him live
long) back to back from the time we fought
the white and the legend queen mother was a
hit and if you so much desire that title"OBA" so
much COME AND COLLECT IT".stil remain my
humble self A-jerry

source https://mobile.facebook.com/notes/a-jerry-poems/fact-about-oba-of-benin-compare-to-the-yoruba-oba-by-akene-jeremiah/1083138741729116/?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1083138741729116%3Atl_objid.1083138741729116%3Athid.100000990020361%3A306061129499414%3A51%3A0%3A1456819199%3A-1713149104257811998
1)Before Oduduwa came to Ile-Ife,there were 16 Kings in Ife and some of them had the word 'Oba' as a prefix to their names e.g Obatala,Obalufon etc
2)The Edo word for king is Ogie or Ogiso and they later adopted the title of Oba after Oranmiyan,the son of Oduduwa established his dynasty in Igodomingodo(Benin).It was Oranmiyan that later called the place Ile-Ibinu( later corrupted to Ibini-Bini-Benin) meaning 'Land of vexation' and left the place for his Son,prince Eweka to become the first Oba of Bini

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Top 5 Favorite Nigerian Cuisine's? / 9 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An ‘ijesha’ Lady / The Wicked Will Continue To Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.