Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,859 members, 7,902,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:04 PM

Automotive Gaffes - That Time A 'new To You' Car Almost Disgraced You - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automotive Gaffes - That Time A 'new To You' Car Almost Disgraced You (827 Views)

Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council / The Time A Car Cost N3,984 In Nigeria In 1982 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Automotive Gaffes - That Time A 'new To You' Car Almost Disgraced You by lungwun(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hey Guys,

Lets use this thread to share silly things that happened to us in cars we owned where simple things left us stumped about what to do next.

So I'll start

The first car i bought in the UK was red E46 325i i bought off Mannheim in Colchester in the UK from the auction, i got temporary papers in order and i went to put petrol in it.

Parked at the station, and spent the best part of 5 minutes looking for the lever to open the fuel tank!

After fumbling and searching to no avail, I had to leave the pumps and park elsewhere as the people behind me were beginning to get impatient.

In the end had to refer to trusty old Google to realise it was spring loaded.

Then i came back to the pumps to fill up again looking like a right muppet.

4 Likes

Re: Automotive Gaffes - That Time A 'new To You' Car Almost Disgraced You by lungwun(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
Wait!!!

I have another

This was in the mid 90's

Stole Borrowed popsie's car to go for a Party (For the life of me, cant remember what the party was about) Back then my dad had a W124 300E and a W123 200E.

I decided the W123 would suit my needs just fine and snuck it out the premises when everyone was asleep.

Arrived party, parked car front and centre, Partied hard, time to leave, came back to car, couldn't find reverse!!

It was inscribed right there on the gear knob!! So why couldn't i find it

In the end, had to get some of my mates to push it into reverse position.

Got home and had to Push it back into the place he parked it

Later had to study him driving to discover where reverse was

2 Likes

Re: Automotive Gaffes - That Time A 'new To You' Car Almost Disgraced You by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Car AC / 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan / Signs You Have Not Really Learnt Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.