Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,872 members, 7,980,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:28 AM

Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? (1950 Views)

How Detectives Tracked Killer Of Catholic Priest To Lagos Hideout / How Detectives Tracked Killer Of IMO Catholic Priest To Lagos Hideout / Detectives Excited As Evans Reveals Source Of Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by paroh137(m): 12:36am On Feb 25, 2016
So, murder, or suicide?

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by paroh137(m): 12:36am On Feb 25, 2016
Try and explain as coherently as possible please.
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 25, 2016
?
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by tripplephi: 12:46am On Feb 25, 2016
paroh137:
Try and explain as coherently as possible please.

It's murder. Cos the chair fell in the direction of the blood splatter on the wall and also the position of the body especially the head could not have been coherent with the hand holding the gun and the blood stain on the wall... She was sitting on the chair and her head was blown off and that's why the wall had that stain. If she killed herself.. The blood would not have been on the wall and her cigarette is also on the wrong hand. She could not be smoking and shoot herself also with the gun fired and she falls to the floor the cigarette can not remain so intact between her fingers.

Then the letter on the table was written with her hand and if she killed herself the chair wouldn't have fallen off... Also if she killed herself in whatever direction... She wouldn't have fallen so neatly in the state her body was found. There were no signs of struggle

1 Like

Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by wEsOmE(m): 12:56am On Feb 25, 2016
I tink its suicide .. looking at the table the victim wrote a letter.. depressed I tink.. took to smoking as u can see his pack of cigrates on the table.. probably shot himself after praying kneeling down that explains the position of his slippers and why d blood stains was only on the wall and d chair fell as he fell.. my thoughts...

dere should be more of dis on NL..its intresting
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by paroh137(m): 1:07am On Feb 25, 2016
tripplephi:

It's murder. Cos the chair fell in the direction of the blood splatter on the wall and also the position of the body especially the head could not have been coherent with the hand holding the gun and the blood stain on the wall... She was sitting on the chair and her head was blown off and that's why the wall had that stain. If she killed herself.. The blood would not have been on the wall and her cigarette is also on the wrong hand. She could not be smoking and shoot herself also with the gun fired and she falls to the floor the cigarette can not remain so intact between her fingers.

Then the letter on the table was written with her hand and if she killed herself the chair wouldn't have fallen off... Also if she killed herself in whatever direction... She wouldn't have fallen so neatly in the state her body was found. There were no signs of struggle
I'm lost. Totally lost
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by iPopAlomo(m): 1:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Murder...

When someone shoots himself or in this case... herself... especially in the head... they land with a thud... dropping everything held... but from this picture... I can deduce that the gun and the cigarette was planted on her hands to make it look like she committed suicide...

and the note... there's no way we can tell... she wrote that herself... as we are working with things we can see...

The blood stain on the wall... calculating her height... that should be around her belly level... there are no bullets holes on the body... we can tell because her white shirt isn't stained with blood... which indicates... she was at a seated position when someone pulled the trigger close her head... Ouch!!!

I just noticed the stool is far from the wall... there's no way that much blood would splatter on the wall if she was Shot in the head from that distance of her sitting on the stool to the wall... so disregard my previous statement...

This is what happened...

She sat on the stool... with a gun and a cigarette... backing the wall... then for some reason she swing backwards... the stool gave way... she hit her head on the wall... blood splatters on the wall... but she's not dead yet... unconscious just enough to hold on to the gun and the cigarette... she's definately going to bleed to death if help don't come quickly...

putting the lady's height into consideration and calculating the projection of falling backwards from the stool and the distance from the stool to the wall... this is the most logical conclusion I can come up with...

It's not suicide... it's not murder... it's just part of 1000 ways to die...
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by thinfatliner(m): 2:01am On Feb 25, 2016
Murder.
-considering the victim's height and the position of the blood stain, it's safe to conclude that she was definitely not standing when shot. She must have been siting on the stool for the blood to be that low on the wall.
The stool is well placed beside the wall. Only a murderer could've done that. If the victim shot herself, the stool wouldn't be that well placed.

- The cigarette is on her left hand. Let's assume she smokes with her left hand. This implies to an extent that she's left handed. A left handed person would not hold a gun on her right hand to shoot herself. The murderer, after shooting her, planted the gun on her right hand to make her look like the killer.

- the position of her pen (on the left side of the note) further proves that she's left-handed.
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by yomi007k(m): 2:28am On Feb 25, 2016
Hian!

Murder.

The babe is Right-handed. If she shot herself then d blood stain shud be on the opposite side. grin

Simple.
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by MRBrownJ: 2:41am On Feb 25, 2016
yomi007k:
Hian!

Murder.

The babe is Right-handed. If she shot herself then d blood stain shud be on the opposite side. grin

Simple.

you almost got it, but the dead person is LEFT handed, check the position of the pen with the letter, the position of the ashtray by that letter AND the cigarette still in the dead person's left hand.... so it is clear that this person is LEFT handed while the gun is in its "right" hand..... clear case of MURDER, the gun was placed in the dead person's (wrong) hand after they were killed!
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by yomi007k(m): 3:54am On Feb 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

you almost got it, but the dead person is LEFT handed, check the position of the pen with the letter, the position of the ashtray by that letter AND the cigarette still in the dead person's left hand.... so it is clear that this person is LEFT handed while the gun is in its "right" hand..... clear case of MURDER, the gun was placed in the dead person's (wrong) hand after they were killed!

When it comes to smoking, a Right handed person can smoke with d Left hand when busy with the Right. And ultimately can keep d ash tray on d left.

Position of the pen on the paper doesn't count...d pen cud have rolled in any positon after dropping.

....Direction of the blood is ultimate....
Re: Sherlock Holmes-type Detectives, Can You Solve This Case? by edogho(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2016
Murder I'll say.

Direction of blood stain to gun suggests a murder carried out by an inept assailant.
I'll still say her sitting position is far of from the wall for the splash of blood to not av stained any other place except the wall...

If I had a complete view of the head I'll know cause of death. But I can't say for sure if the injury dat killed her was caused by bullet wounds or her head was slammed on the wall.

Investigation is still ongoing tho.

'in GEJ's voice".... "We will set up a committee to handle the matter" cheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

Electric Fence Wire Installation And Maintenance / Phone Thief Beaten And Burnt Alive In Nekede, Owerri (graphics Photos) / Lady Describes How She Was Impregnated By Her Sibling Twice (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.