Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,554 members, 7,941,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful (454 Views)

How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / Interswitch Spak Science Competition To Resuscitate Nigeria’s Education System / 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful by eniolabsc: 5:40am On Feb 25, 2016
Most people may not find my topic appalling, while others will. The reason for this topic is because of the situation of things in Nigeria. The present webometrics on the ranking of Nigeria institution in Africa and in the world elucidates this better. With the rigors of hardwork done in Federal universities in Nigeria, Nigeria should be top-ranked which is not the case. One of the reason for my claim is that -The way our gradepoint is calculated amazes me. Though I've had different opportunities to learn how to calculate gp. Its time we do our calculation ourselves and compare with abroad. You know abroad basically uses a system of calculation which is 4point grading system while in Nigeria, we employ close to 5grading systems such as 10point grading system, 7point grading system, 5point grading system, 4point grading system. This is how ridiculous our grading system is. There are various android apps on playstore that allows you calculate and compare your gradepoint with other countries. I recommend Universal gradepointer because it supports both abroad grading system and all areas of Nigeria grading system. You can also try the manual method and google the country's grading system otherwise make use of the app i stated above. Secondly why is it that whenever we travel abroad for university education, we tend to start all over again as a result of our previous country but when any one from a foreign country comes into Nigeria, he or she is celebrated. I wonder what the cause is and your suggestions are very much needed. Thank you
Re: Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful by LordIsaac(m): 5:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful by eniolabsc: 6:08am On Feb 25, 2016
Even as such, after completing the rigorous university education, you still may not have a job to do. I ask myself-- Those that study mathematics, What job can they do apart from lecturing. Do not allow schooling to deter your education. I am less surprised by the way the so called Internet fraudsters of which are majorly university students has taken it upon themselves and doubled their efforts in this season of high dollar rate; Blames shouldnt be on them totally but on Nigeria education system.
Re: Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful by Biodun37: 6:29am On Feb 25, 2016
This is a nice piece from someone who could see beyond sentiment. More of this should improve our perspective about our social issue leading to economic malaise.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful by chidekings(m): 6:37am On Feb 25, 2016
Everything about education is hope.yet after the whole struggle and hardships,u find out their is more to life than hope for a better tomorrow .
Re: Boko Haram Missed It! Western Education Isnt Sinful! Nigeria Education Is Sinful by Akposb(m): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2016
If the purpose of this post is to focus on gp, you are totally missing the mark as reading and cramming can earn you that much. Our major problem is that our teaching and research has greatly reduced or the quality has been suppressed. What about the issue of practicals for those courses that require such. What we see most times are lack of adequate laboratories and other such necessary facilities.
Lets get real, few are educated while most attend school. Once you are well educated, it should necessarily reflect in how high your gp . The fact is that result may take you far but your ability to use what you are taught in the world is what will make you great. As for Western education, for all of its good it deprives us of local content which is critical to all inclusive growth.

(1) (Reply)

Team Performance Training / The Federal University Of Technology Akure 2016/2017 Admission Thread / The 10 Commandment For Every Student And Career Oriented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.