Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,454 members, 7,917,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:46 AM

“buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React (1826 Views)

President Buhari's Picture With Archbishop Of Canterbury: Nigerians React / Reality Check: Pure Water That Was N5 Under PDP "Misrule" Now N20 Under APC. / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by presharthur(m): 6:11am On Feb 25, 2016
a heated debate over the current
value of the Naira on the parallel market
– The naira has strengthened against the
dollar for the third consecutive day
-Nigerians share divided opinions on the
nation’s economy
– Governor Ambode calls for development of
local manufacturing as Femi Falana seeks
restrain orders against CBN
Reports on Wednesday, February 24,
suggested that the naira strengthened
further against the dollar on the parallel
market.
Some reports claimed that the naira traded
at about 305 to a dollar , while others
disclosed that the nation’s currency traded
between 250-270/dollar.
Goodnews it was to a teeming number of
Nigerians, however, others were of very
divergent views. Both factions took to socio-
media to air their views on the news of the
naira’s unsteady fluctuation on the parallel
market.
Below are the views of Nigerians in reaction
to the reported appreciation of the naira.
Buhari, APC-government berated
Rita Jean Rita said: “For those who claim to
love Nigeria, advise Buhari to step down or
recall okonji iwuala otherwise naira wil
continue to fall so never rejoice on this news.”
“Common pure water in my area in Ikom LG of
cross River state is now sold at N20, what a
country oh God,” Evalsam David James
lamented. Adding: “My father please come
and help us because we don’t know were
Buhari and his APC-party is taking this country
to”
Matt Oke said: “We don’t have good
commodity like the u s therefore why should
we run after the price of dollar? When you say
APC change, is this the change you talk
about?”
The appreciation of naira on Wednesday,
February 24, stirred controversy on socio-
media
McMayowa sarcastically said: “If with
corruption, 1 dollar was 180, and now without
corruption, 1 dollar is 405; then ladies and
Gentlemen, you all will agree with me that we
need corruption in this country.
#bringbackcorruption”
Positive thinkers and Prayer warrior’s corner
Dr Golden said: “They were mere
speculations, but intel from reliable source
disclose that PMB wants us to be self
sufficient by producing our made in Nigeria
matchsticks, chewing sticks to shoe made in
Aba and Ankara just to mention a few. Read
up How China and Singapore got to where
they are today.”
Gbolahan Olugbemi said: “Our oil is now sold
for $36 as against $150, Naira will continue to
fall except the price of oil jumps up. We now
have less dollars from crude oil and demand
for dollars by Naira remain d same. What
Jonathan did to suppress fall of Naira was to
spend our foreign reserves. The only country
that can assist our Naira is Saudi, if it can
reduce its supply of crude oil to increase our
supply then all may yet get back to normal”
Oby Chioma was of the opinion that some
Nigerians have a very big problem. She said:
“For the past few weeks or months everybody
was shouting dollar is high, now it is coming
down again some are asking if it will last?”
“Na wahooo!,” she stressed, adding: “I was
expecting to hear thank God for that and lets
hope for the best from some of us , but rather
from dollar now to crude oil, Okonji Iwula , we
don’t have good commodity , pure water
matter enter, agriculture follow am… Haba, no
be dollar matter again wey don come down bi
de news ?”
“Lets be praying for our country and
government too, God is still the God that rules
in our affairs,” Chioma concluded.
A certain Iyke was of the opinion that: “The
responsibility of everyone of us is to pray for
Nigeria and if I may ask, how many of us are
doing that? How many of us remember this
country in our devotional prayers? Even the
president considers this necessary yet we do
more of online attacks than to pray for our
country.”
In reaction to the economic hardship
currently being faced by Nigerians, Governor
Akinwunmi Ambode has advocated for the
development of local manufacturing as a
way of developing the economy. The Lagos
state governor expressed optimism that the
foreign exchange crisis plaguing the country
which has resulted in naira depreciation is
solvable .
Meanwhile, on Wednesday, February 24,
Femi Falana (SAN) approached the Federal
High Court in Abuja seeking an order
restraining the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
from allowing market forces to determine
the exchange rate of Naira. In his suit, the
human rights lawyer prays the court compels
CBN to stop the use of the United States of
America’s dollar as a legal tender in Nigeria
Naij.com urges you to let your voice be
heard on the pressing issue, what do you
think of the naira appreciation and the move
to stop the use of dollars as legal tender in
our country?

See peoples voice @ http://skyevibes.com/2016/02/25/naira-controversy-buhari-should-step-down-pure-water-is-now-n20-nigerians-react/

Let's Keep praying for God Guidance over Naija
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by bewla(m): 6:13am On Feb 25, 2016
to ri oloun
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by diasporaman(m): 6:13am On Feb 25, 2016
Is Buhari the president of pure water manufacturers association?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by 234GT(m): 6:13am On Feb 25, 2016
The price of pure water 'changed' from fivenaira to twenty naira noni.
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by benedictnsi(m): 6:13am On Feb 25, 2016
Hehehe hehehe hehehe

I been think say Na only my side this pure water issue d happen ooo....... So na everywhere
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by wonderkid619(m): 6:14am On Feb 25, 2016
Will his stepping down make the naira to regain its value?,
Let's keep praying for the man jaree

4 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by benedictnsi(m): 6:15am On Feb 25, 2016
diasporaman:
Is Buhari the president of pure water manufacturers association?

Guy who you d ask this kind nonsensical question

3 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by presharthur(m): 6:20am On Feb 25, 2016
All we have to do is to keep on praying For God Intervention Over all this problem
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Raphael81(m): 6:22am On Feb 25, 2016
pure water? mehn how much will be bottle water?
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Terry68: 6:28am On Feb 25, 2016
price of pure water has almost nothing to do with the government. most Nigerians always take opportunity at every disaster(if am allowed) just to enable them exploit others.

I visited the village to buy a bunch of plantain but was surprise to hear an added price. when I asked the old woman selling, why the increment? she simply replied; "my Pikin call me yesterday say things don dey cost for town make I add money"

what has common plantain in d village got to do with dollar?

some things just tire person for this country.

8 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by kodded(m): 6:31am On Feb 25, 2016
[s]
Terry68:
price of pure water has almost nothing to do with the government. most Nigerians always take opportunity at every disaster(if am allowed) just to enable them exploit others.

I visited the village to buy a bunch of plantain but was surprise to hear an added price. when I asked the old woman selling, why the increment? she simply replied; "my Pikin call me yesterday say things don dey cost for town make I add money"

[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3076414_buharilawyers_jpeg753a57898a4991d6fbbb20fb47250ed9
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by presharthur(m): 6:33am On Feb 25, 2016
Terry68:

If Plantain is Cost and you don't have the money won't you Na Wa o? please all we need is a positive change in naija coz not everyone as the money to spend, some people do manage, some don't have job, some hasn't eaten, please say what is right ....
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by RichDad1(m): 6:38am On Feb 25, 2016
Lairs.
As at close of business yesterday, A satchet Water cost #10 per one and 3 for #20.
Source: Nigeria Stock Exchange

1 Like

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Terry68: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2016
kodded:

[quote author=presharthur post=43228008]

If Plantain is Cost and you don't have the money won't you Na Wa o? please all we need is a positive change in naija coz not everyone as the money to spend, some people do manage, some don't have job, some hasn't eaten, please say what is right ....
[quote author=kodded post=43227988][s][/s]

una be see me for dream? my post never land una don begin dey quote.

1 Like

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Justiyke4u: 6:47am On Feb 25, 2016
The problem of nigerians is not their president but nigerians are the problem of nigeria. So we no import pure water too? That's what it means. How does the rise and fall of the dollar affect the production of pure or maybe the water is imported too and even those producing or selling this water at such a high price will be there shouting that buhari is a wicked man that he has killed us whereas they are the ones killing the society

5 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48am On Feb 25, 2016
Nigerians are wicked to themselves. What has the fall in naira at the parallel market got to do with increasing the price of pure water?

3 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by atoleybaba(m): 6:56am On Feb 25, 2016
Very bad
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by bigerboy200: 6:58am On Feb 25, 2016
Opportunists everywhere.. "well water" ti take over mehhhhn...
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by bigerboy200: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Raphael81:
pure water? mehn how much will be bottle water?
Bottle water? U sef dey pass ur boundary..lol
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Raphael81(m): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2016
bigerboy200:
Bottle water? U sef dey pass ur boundary..lol
guy i dey fear naija
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by NobleAngell(f): 7:08am On Feb 25, 2016
Is it only pure water? come to market here in abj and c wonders. I dunno about other parts o. Even people selling kunu are blaming dollar.
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by M4gunners: 7:11am On Feb 25, 2016
Change.
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 25, 2016
The meaning of Nigeria should be changed to "We are our own worst enemy" that way the entire world will see how stupidity and hatred for each other. Mtchewewwwwwww!
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by HiddenShadow: 7:34am On Feb 25, 2016
I wonder how the face of the so called sophisticated people will be.
After threatening to lagoon some people, the government of CHANGE has become a government of CHAIN

2 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by aljharem(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2016
It is good, let everything be expensive so this my apc brother would see for themselves. Don't they know that Nigeria is a dollar economy and also in nigeria, once prices go up, they don't come down.

I don't blame the average business men send women taking advantage of this. They have to because the profit they use to buy common commodities has gone up thus they need to make more profit to buy the same thing.

Apc is not fit to rule Nigeria, nigerians have made a costly mistake

1 Like

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 25, 2016
Justiyke4u:
The problem of nigerians is not their president but nigerians are the problem of nigeria. So we no import pure water too? That's what it means. How does the rise and fall of the dollar affect the production of pure or maybe the water is imported too and even those producing or selling this water at such a high price will be there shouting that buhari is a wicked man that he has killed us whereas they are the ones killing the society

I doubt you spend money and provide any service.

Now listen.

If you use to provide a service at 5 naira and buy rice at 10 naira. You go to buy rice the next day and see that rice is 20 naira as against 10 naira because the importer sent more money bringing his rice to you. Will you not move your pure water price to 7 naira so you will be able to buy rice and still be in business.

This lecture is worth a few naira but as a patriotic Nigerian, I offer it to you for free.

2 Likes

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by presharthur(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2016
@ soulpeppersoup I support yah motion over this issue

1 Like

Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by McMayowa(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Humnn
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Jorussia(m): 10:10am On Feb 25, 2016
Sachet water is still #10 in Benin city. Dey(manufacturers) increased the price from #80 to #100 per bag.
Re: “buhari Should Step Down”, “pure Water Is Now N20″ – Nigerians React by Justiyke4u: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

I doubt you spend money and provide any service.

Now listen.

If you use to provide a service at 5 naira and buy rice at 10 naira. You go to buy rice the next day and see that rice is 20 naira as against 10 naira because the importer sent more money bringing his rice to you. Will you not move your pure water price to 7 naira so you will be able to buy rice and still be in business.

This lecture is worth a few naira but as a patriotic Nigerian, I offer it to you for free.
read your lecture note again, think about it, do the needful and thank me later

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Violence At Edo House Of Assembly Over Impeachment Of Speaker / Happy Birthday Tonyebarcanista!!! / Abia State Speaker Resigns To Pave Way For Ikuku TA Orji's Son ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.