Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,055 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? (48141 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by edorhe14(m): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:

Not necessarily, you guys should stop making it a condition that a man should marry a girl that has a job. I am not saying that it is wrong for girls to work, infact, I encourage them to do so but I don't see why I cannot marry a good girl I love just because she has no job.
#word thats the problem with most marriages today its based on financial security and not love
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by freeage7(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
I don't believe your story.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Dakad: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
You are making roughly 100k based on what you said and you manage to save about 40k. You can go ahead and settle down if you have a wife material. And I can assure you that if you marry a prudent woman, you will still save up to that before having children. I leave in PH and I do spend roughly 100k monthly before I got married. And now with a kid, I spend just a little above that. However, I'm sure the bill will be higher with one more kid most especially when they start school. And mind you, my wife is not working yet till we have our second child.
The honest truth is that my wife is very prudent and not the "copy copy" type

6 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by LeoFish92(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
missyadorable:
I wonder why men should be bothered about getting married

Just 30 with low income,a man is contemplating marriage already

Madness!
He who finds a wife finds a good thing.. ...and obtains favor from the Lord

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Hafyz23(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Olarajee:
We like deceiving ourselves. So u n ur wife plus kid won't be able to live on 50 or 100k per month?

Tooh... you know the truth yourself.
Oyami lenu o. When so many people r living below or on 18k and r doing well.
Depend on him and his spouse spendings sha

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by nepapole(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sure....na GOD dey feed us jare.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by andy24(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sir... Save ur salary & going into plantain farming cos Ogun has the soil and good climatic conditions for the production of plantain full time. With two years of dedication and hard u will be counting ur moni in millions. I am a true life testimony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by kingofchess(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
greatgod2012:
Yes, you can! But it depends on some factors.....

If your wife is working and she's ready to assist in financing the house and kids (when they start coming).

If you don't have high taste, as in, you're not the type that goes in for very expensive stuffs.

If your wife also is the type that can maintain such a lifestyle with you.

If you don't have demanding relatives, as in, you have understanding relatives who believe that each is to his own, and your wife is also from that type of family.

If you're focused, prudent and conservative, you can cope with the income you're currently having.
The truth is that, many are earning way below that, and they are married with kids and they are maintaining their family well according to their capability. It all depends on the type of spouse involved and type of lifestyle one believes in.

And the bitter truth is if you're still waiting to become a millionaire or a billionaire before settling down, you might just wait for eternity.

My advice: Do what you wanna do, with proper planning and steady focus, you will get there.

Warning: Study your wife-to-be very well and make sure she's ready to cooperate with you in the journey, or else. na OYO you dey o.
May God help you.
I love ur post and I love u too...can we get married? lol
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by atirolu(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
I got married me 30k income and yet I live a low key life and my wife understand the situation the combination of our income was 65k some 3 years back. The bible says "he who find a wife findth a good ting and obtain favor from the lord" however, today with a team work and support giving by my wife we have income of over 250k monthly bro you are ready to go just make sure she's the right woman that will support you. God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by mamawin(f): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
thecrush:
Why must U marry?
Why must he not?
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

I will like to get your candid opinions

Thank You
Even if you are earning 10k, if you know what u re doing.....am sure you won't strive....cut ur coat according to ur size
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by adeborode: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
u r a rich man my guy,here dat I am some pple marry with 25k monthly.u can marry o provided u marry ur wife.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by scholes23(m): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

Thank You
Bros go ahead, I've lived in ABK and i must confess, the cost of living over there is far better than that of Lagos. Even people who are on the same salary scale with you in Lagos and married. At least in abk u can get a 3-4 bedroom apartment for between 250-350k and things are kinda cheap over there so my guy ur good to go. All d best.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by ibile1: 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:
Yes please go ahead and get married, people even do so with less income than what you get.

God will bless you more as you get married because He knows your responsibilities will increase.

You will find favour in the sight of God if you get married.

Please don't deceive the OP.
Arrange for a better income before you get married to avoid stories that touch......
women of these days are nothing to write home about if you cant provide the cash.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
Marry if you feel so strongly about it.
But please don't do it because of any so-called societal obligation.
Make sure you and your wife are prudent and resourceful.

Left to me, there is no hurry yet. Concentrate on building business ideas first.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by ReLaTE(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
greatgod2012:
Yes, you can! But it depends on some factors.....

If your wife is working and she's ready to assist in financing the house and kids (when they start coming).

If you don't have high taste, as in, you're not the type that goes in for very expensive stuffs.

If your wife also is the type that can maintain such a lifestyle with you.

If you don't have demanding relatives, as in, you have understanding relatives who believe that each is to his own, and your wife is also from that type of family.

If you're focused, prudent and conservative, you can cope with the income you're currently having.
The truth is that, many are earning way below that, and they are married with kids and they are maintaining their family well according to their capability. It all depends on the type of spouse involved and type of lifestyle one believes in.

And the bitter truth is if you're still waiting to become a millionaire or a billionaire before settling down, you might just wait for eternity.

My advice: Do what you wanna do, with proper planning and steady focus, you will get there.

Warning: Study your wife-to-be very well and make sure she's ready to cooperate with you in the journey, or else. na OYO you dey o.
May God help you.
With this two points excluded,am afraid u wl encounter problems if you marry wt that income.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Carter4luv(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sure it will.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by rolams(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Yes u can. Bro, when u marry, ur creator will always provide for u what both of you will eat. When you multiply, the blessing continues like that. Remember our parent usually tell us they don't have money when it comes to some responsibility, when discussing with friends or relatives even they use to tell us there is no money but we eat at home and able to me up some responsibilities. But there is a miracle I av noticed, when the children departs and rent their apartments, our parents complaints still remains no money. This shows that God provides for the family based on d number of people in dat family. Go bro, God is with you. You will never regret. My own income was not up to that when I got married.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by tweeby: 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
Yes you can... God bless u new home n provide more for you. Will join d league soon in Jesus name, Amen!!!
Plz wat online business do u do?
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by mamawin(f): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
atirolu:
I got married me 30k income and yet I live a low key life and my wife understand the situation the combination of our income was 65k some 3 years back. The bible says "he who find a wife findth a good ting and obtain favor from the lord" however, today with a team work and support giving by my wife we have income of over 250k monthly bro you are ready to go just make sure she's the right woman that will support you. God bless you
my husb was earning N4k and I was waiting for service wt a baby. we had d best time then, compare to now that we chase money up ans down. there's nothing new under d sun, but let d op sit d wife-to-be down and have a heart to heart talk. not that she wl discover d reality after marriage. they can even have children, but well-spaced, God will be with them.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Truckpusher(m): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
If you want to make your kids pass through what you passed through and ended up earning 50k per month then get married bro.
Marriage isn't a limited stock in the market , I still can't figure out why a young man in his 30s will wife a girl and birth children he is fully aware that he can't cater for with his income .

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by MisteerConcord(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
Bro, marry... Ehmmm... I'm concerned about that ur online biz... Help me oh
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:

Not necessarily, you guys should stop making it a condition that a man should marry a girl that has a job. I am not saying that it is wrong for girls to work, infact, I encourage them to do so but I don't see why I cannot marry a good girl I love just because she has no job.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by toluxa1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
mamawin:
my husb was earning N4k and I was waiting for service wt a baby. we had d best time then, compare to now that we chase money up ans down. there's nothing new under d sun, but let d op sit d wife-to-be down and have a heart to heart talk. not that she wl discover d reality after marriage. they can even have children, but well-spaced, God will be with them.

Four thousand or forty thousand.?
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by luke10: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:

This one na small excuse. Some will even say, I like the girl but I cannot marry her because she too black, too yello, too short. nigerians sha.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by emzila(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:

you will know when she enter your house and you don't have enough to provide fore her. that a girl should have a work doing doesn't mean she has to be government or private employee. if she is actually up to marriageable age, she should have something doing be it tailoring, provision store owner etc. there are many reason for this, first is that she will be somehow financially discipline, she would be able to take care of certain personal need when indeed you do not have for her, she would a shock absorber in time of unexpected sack etc.
avoid certain things while you still can.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by boujaye: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
Bro, from your mindset i see you are very responsible, you are not just careless. My humble advise is that you can marry, provided she is matured, understanding and Godfearing. But you can keep a continuous savings for at least 10 months, and setup a biz, then gather another savings for atleast 6months for your marriage, that's 1 and half year preparation. At age 30 you still have time to prepare. Don't plan you life to rely on what will come from your spouse, assuming she is zero income, but if she happens to be enterprising or working class then its still a plus to you. Goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Truckpusher:
If you want to make your kids pass through what you passed through and ended up earning 50k per month then get married bro.
Marriage isn't a limited stock in the market , I still can't figure out why a young man in his 30s will wife a girl and birth children he is fully aware that he can't cater for with his income .

My dear! I don't just understand Nigerians and this marriage mentality.
Some are even saying that marriage brings success, meaning that no matter your income God will sha provide. Like he's providing for all those naked children roaming around slums who are suffering as a a result of underpaid parents? Just look at this one here!

rolams:
Yes u can. Bro, when u marry, ur creator will always provide for u what both of you will eat. When you multiply, the blessing continues like that. Remember our parent usually tell us they don't have money when it comes to some responsibility, when discussing with friends or relatives even they use to tell us there is no money but we eat at home and able to me up some responsibilities. But there is a miracle I av noticed, when the children departs and rent their apartments, our parents complaints still remains no money. This shows that God provides for the family based on d number of people in dat family. Go bro, God is with you. You will never regret. My own income was not up to that when I got married.

Smh
Why won't we have half baked and unemployable graduates here and there when so many can't afford quality education? Do people think about these things before getting married? Na real wa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by xp17(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:

will a girl who has a job marry you if you have no job? Before you conclude, you have to put yourself in a reverse situation sir.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by bichikay(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Funny enough...some people telling the OP that he can't marry with such income don't earn more than him monthly. What a funny world

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by luke10: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
nbright:
To a Nigerian girl? Probably no
I agree but not every Nigerian girls. You cannot in places like Warri, I mean Delta state, Lagos state and a few others. The girls in these states are killers. I lived in Delta for amy years and in Lagos and other places.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by basty: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:
Yes please go ahead and get married, people even do so with less income than what you get.

God will bless you more as you get married because He knows your responsibilities will increase.

You will find favour in the sight of God if you get married.

You are a wealth of experience.

Sometime ago I wanted to marry and needed to change my job.

I took my CV to one MD in an Insurance company, as an Accountant I was sure the man will help me but I met another thing.
The man asked me some questions as, do you have a room, bed, chair, mattress, carpet etc. he asked me if I was 25years old and I answered no and he asked me why?
I said I needed to change my job so I can receive bigger salary and the man now said I should go and get married.
He said when he married, he was only having 2 1/2 bed with a fan and nothing more and now he has built several houses

I was disappointed because I was not expecting that from him. I cried and blamed myself for going to him.

But later I thought over the message and took it in good faith and married about two years later and that was what changed my story for better in life.

Each time I have opportunity to advise people, I always sound it to them to always marry early in life and this helps later in life.

Please stick to this advise and marry as soon as possible. You don't need millions of Naira to get married.

The LORD will assist you in the course in Jesus name.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Samson Farounbi: 'My Wife Denies Me Sex Over My Small Joystick' / #youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter / Man Cancels Wedding as Fiancee Refuses To Reveal Who Bought her Iphone13 Promax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.