Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself (2326 Views)

Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans / Mikel, A Lamentation And Exhortation / Mikel A Second Class Super Star True/false (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by pucho(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2006
Mikel Obi following typical Nigerian tracks anoda career going down the drain.

Chelsea boss Mourinho angry with Mikel Obi attitude
tribalfooball.com - November 02, 2006

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been angered by John Obi Mikel's lack of discipline since his arrival in the summer.

The Times says it is understood that the Nigerian teenager was left behind in London this week while Chelsea travelled to their Champions League game in Barcelona as a punishment for his lack of discipline, with Mourinho frustrated by his poor time-keeping and casual attitude in training.

Instead of training with the first-team squad and sitting on the bench in the Nou Camp, he suffered the indignity of being forced to play in the reserves, turning out against West Ham United at Aldershot on Monday.

The Nigerian had already been fined twice this season for turning up late to training and after another incident last week, Mourinho decided that enough was enough, telling him in no uncertain terms that he would not be picked again until his punctuality improved.

Mourinho is also concerned by the size and composition of his entourage, with the manager fearing that his numerous friends and advisers do not instil a sufficiently professional attitude.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by nosa101(f): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2006
;d
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by dayokanu(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2006
Someone should talk to him before he ruins his career
Imagine the youngsters that were at the U-21 with him doing great exploits in the UCL( Fabregas and Messi) and Mikel who is not a first team player coming late to training would one be asking for too much if he is asked to sleep in the training ground in order to get a shirt?
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by hustler(m): 1:47am On Nov 04, 2006
dat boi is juss toyin with his career.I've written him off ever since he went incommunicado prior to the lesotho game.H thinks he's a BIG BOI now.like dayo kanu said, look at what the likes of Messi, Aguero, Taiwo, Promise, Zabaleta, Palletta , Fabregas to name but a few out of his mates at the WYC are doin in Europe now.

Well sha na him sabi.We don't share his weekly pay.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by nosa101(f): 2:10am On Nov 04, 2006
WTF is Palletta doing?
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 2:14am On Nov 04, 2006
i think he would get in line ery soon after all the punshment. i know murinho will not let him rot. he is too tlented to be wasted
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by tosinadeda: 7:20am On Nov 04, 2006
To me really i think jm is just trying 2 justify mikel's non 1st team action.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by amodu(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2006
I dont no what is wrong with this guy.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by IroroRoyal(f): 5:34am On Nov 06, 2006
Mikel! Mikel! Mikel !plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
don't toy with your career,it's your life.
God help Mikel! shocked shocked
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2006
Iroro whats up
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by IroroRoyal(f): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2006
CandyLips love! What up is down grin grin grin

How body? wink wink
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by Grizzly(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2006
I think Mikel is going to feature against villa today,
Keep ur hopes up
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by kitaun(m): 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2006
And so?
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2006
Iroro. take this wink
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by Chxta(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2006
He's been frozen out. Can't even get a Carling Cup place. . .
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by mochafella(m): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2006
Chxta:

He's been frozen out. Can't even get a Carling Cup place. . .

Not even a place on the bench either. Indiscipline. undecided
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by IroroRoyal(f): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2006
[/quote][quote author=candylips link=topic=29561.msg693508#msg693508 date=1163008017]
Iroro. take this wink

I don Catch am
4 you kiss kiss
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by didoflex(m): 9:49am On Nov 09, 2006
Silly Bugger Mikel is, Typical Naija Attitude, shld be loaned to a Conference team, then he'll learn
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 2:18am On Nov 10, 2006
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by CrazyMan(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2006
Yea.
the kid is a disgrace to himself.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 2:35am On Nov 12, 2006
really
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by globalaid(m): 6:37am On Nov 12, 2006
I think the fame and money is going into his head, he should remember what happened to Etim Esin, football does not like indiscipline, it is high time he retrace his steps and concentrate on his carrier, the early the better.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by IroroRoyal(f): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2006
Mikel PAPA don say make una leave hin boy alone. Abi una never hear? Huh.

Haba! today Mikel , Tomorrow Mikel , oh plssssssssssssssssss let the boy be.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by TSpurs(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2006
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2006
that is very good news
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by mochafella(m): 12:47am On Nov 15, 2006
e just dey sabi, na "Mouka foam" Mourinho for use do him space for bench. grin
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by hector: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2006
who cares about mikel anyway.whether he is TOYIN or Toying with his career. I mean what u know is good is what u shud do 4 urself. So if he is screwing up, left 4 him. But as 4 d disgrace,Definitely not 4 anyone else. I mean is he the only Nigerian playng 4 a foreign football league?. By the way i heard someone Addressing him as a teenager. Is he not up to twenty? if he is then dat is crazy, and 4 those people shouting mikelooooooo,mikelooo.shud stop taking panadol 4 another man headache.thanks
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by wormedup(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2006
he's probably coming to his senses now, he played with the reserve team yesterday grin

stupid boy ! angry
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by candylips(m): 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2006
hector:

who cares about mikel anyway.whether he is TOYIN or Toying with his career. I mean what u know is good is what u should do 4 yourself. So if he is screwing up, left 4 him. But as 4 d disgrace,Definitely not 4 anyone else. I mean is he the only Nigerian playng 4 a foreign football league?. By the way i heard someone Addressing him as a teenager. Is he not up to twenty? if he is then that is crazy, and 4 those people shouting mikelooooooo,mikelooo.should stop taking panadol 4 another man headache.thanks

you dey jelouse the guy o what
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by chidichris(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2007
everything i read here is all about calling names to the boy. is he the only nigerian player in the world.
why are we always out to rejoice in other peoples problems?
some call him disappointment, some call him idiot and some stupid, pls can you tell us what you are as a person.
in the bad days people are so fast and quick in reporting issues but when times are good, no one cares to say it out.
please for you all prophets of doom, have you stopped watching football now the young man has played in the past nine games except one. why is it that non of you have taken time to say mikel is back and better.
my prayer is that the boy gets to where God wants him and shame will befall all you prophets of doom.
who among you has taken time to congratulate the nigerian players who are doing very well in their various clubs.
if you do not know what mikel means, hear this; MIKEL IS A RICH KID, A GREAT FOOTBALL AMBASSADOR FROM NIGERIA, A YOUNG MAN WHO HAS WIN FOR HIMSELF AND NIGERIA SOME IMPORTANT MEDALS. THE LUCKY AND THE ONLY NIGERIAN PLAYER IN CHESEA. THEN LET US KNOW WHO U ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE KNOWN WITH.
i don't want to call anybody enemy of progress here.
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by danniecool(m): 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2007
@ Chidichris

I like that, dont mind them there are just jealous.
I can't really say the truth, watch the guy in Chelsea last 8 matches, u will bear with me.
for him to have played full matches, were there are many world class midfielders like Lampard, Ballack, makalele, Essien and co. the guy still make first team place

leave those guyz, they are enemies of progress
Re: Mikel A Disgrace To Nigeria And Himself by kitaun(m): 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2007
Keep spewing bollocks! Its kinda helping ur distressed state of minds! *realistic blues like Wormy and Cabali excluded*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Eagles Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama Named Europes Best Keeper 2013/2014 / Bet9ja VFL: The Winning Formula Finally Revealed / Sport Minister Blunders, Says Argentina Is A Football Association In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.