Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Fgc Ugwolawo Old Students Holds Her National Convention March 11-12, 2016 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fgc Ugwolawo Old Students Holds Her National Convention March 11-12, 2016 (1121 Views)

19 Year Old Students Get Married In Ondo / FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React / University Of Ilorin Holds Her 32nd Convocation Today(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fgc Ugwolawo Old Students Holds Her National Convention March 11-12, 2016 by Appswheel(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
The FGCUOSA National Convention earlier scheduled for February 19 -20, 2016 has been rescheduled for March 11 -12, 2016 due to Kogi State Eastern Senatorial election that held on Feb 20, 2016.

I am using this medium to call on every Alumni/Alumnus of the college to be part of the event and more importantly to associate with the Old Students Association.

The National Convention is aimed at evaluating the impact and contribution of the Association to the development of the College and to better position the Alumni to deliver on her objectives and goals.

As an association, we make collective efforts to contribute meaningfully to the development of our Alma mater not leaving its welfare to the exclusive purview of the Federal Government, while at this, the Alumni takes proactive steps to ensure the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Education discharges it responsibilities to the college.

While composing this notice, I recited our School Anthem thrice and have this question for you – did you mean the words of the School Anthem when you sang them?

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UGWOLAWO SCHOOL ANTHEM
God bless thee my alma-mater,
Our only pro-unitate,
Your praises we are singing hither,
Our source of sound inspiration,
You are the pillar of our foundation,
You gave us basic education,
Federal Government College Ugwolawo,
My alma-mater, my alma-mater,

From places we have come around,
To study in harmony,
In you were the shining years,
We saw the light of our future,
You gave me hopes, I had my dreams
To you praise be forever,
Federal Government College Ugwolawo,
My alma-mater, my alma-mater.

I am particularly drawn to these lines, “You are the pillar of our foundation”, “you gave us basic education”, “You gave me hopes, I had my dreams”.

The training you got from the institution formed the Pillar of your educational foundation, what are you doing to ensure that it remains a strong foundation for many years to come, for the unborn generation?

During my time, I remember how the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in conjunction with the school authority arranged for Subject Teachers in Mathematics and other Subjects to mitigate the shortage of Teachers. These Teachers were on the payroll of the PTA. If our Parents could make such sacrifice, how much more is expected from us as Alumni’s, particularly those living their dreams – Just like we sang in the Anthem many years ago.

My thoughts – One of the key purpose of the School Anthem is to instill patriotism in us as Alumni. We should not forget too quickly the impact the college made in who we are today and will become tomorrow. Do not just take Pride in being an Alumni/Alumnus of a Federal Government College, contribute to the welfare of F.G.C Ugwolawo with your time, finance, Connections and Knowledge.

Let’s do this for Posterity.

Lagos Chapter February 2016 Monthly Meeting is scheduled as follows:
Date - Sunday, February 28, 2016.
Time – 2pm
Venue - Meeting Ground @ 6 Kernel Street (By UBA Bank), Off Bode Thomas Street Surulere, Lagos.

Olorunfemi Babatunde
PRO – FGCUOSA LAGOS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! / International School, Unilag Conducts 2016/2017 Transfer Examination / Impunity At The Federal College Of Agriculture,ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.