Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi (848 Views)

Boy Saves Buchi From Being Kidnapped By Islamic Militants (Photos) / Buchi Celebrates His Son, Marizu Ikechi's 21st Birthday / Some Comedians Don’t Know Between Being Offensive And Being Funny – Ali Baba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi by Erave: 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Talented comedian, Buchi has grown to become one of the finest exports in the Nigerian comedy industry since he made his bow several years ago.
In an interview with ERAVE, the comic character disclosed that Nigerian comedians don’t charge each other for shows unlike the counterparts in the music industry. “To us comedians, comedy shows have become ‘osusu’ (contribution) where everyone of us will contribute our quota for another comedian. Nigerian comedians don’t charge each other for shows which is why you will see many comedians perform at a comedy event on a single night unlike the musicians who pay to have another singer at a show.”

On his semblance with US rapper Meek Mill and why he cracked a joke relating to the music act, Buchi said “people keep saying that meek mill and I share a certain resemblance and I really didn’t take note of it until someone did a picmix and sent it to me. I decided to do a joke about him during an event and it turned out fine”.

Speaking on how he convinced popular OAP, Toolz Oniru to join him during the performance, Buchi disclosed that it was difficult because she was relaxed and not used to the attention that comes with appearing on stage... read more here: http://eraveng.com/2016/02/23/why-comedians-dont-charge-each-other-for-shows-buchi/

1 Share

Re: ‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi by Elvisky04: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
Gud they don't charge each other
Re: ‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Erave: Speaking on how he[b](Buchi)[/b] convinced popular OAP, Toolz Oniru to join him during the performance, Meek Mill[b](really?)[/b] disclosed that it was difficult because she was relaxed and not used to the attention that comes
Hungry blogger, no proofreader. See as you've already jonzed in the writeup.

Wow. I didn't know they don't pay each other to perform. It's good for the industry especially upcoming talents as it gives them a chance to shine and get accustomed to large audiences.

It's sad and wicked that musicians make other musicians pay to perform - only a hungry mind would conjure the notion. If I was a musician rather than get overrated big acts to open my shows I'd give upcoming unknown talents a chance to showcase themselves to a broader audience.
Re: ‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi by goldbim(f): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
They dnt charge each other but they dnt give room for upcoming acts to showcase their talents too.we are tired of recycled jokes.tnk God for the likes of opa Williams and co..
Re: ‘why Comedians Don’t Charge Each Other For Shows’ – Buchi by cruzita(f): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
good to know they don't charge each other but its hard to believe tho

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Love! Fani Kayode Shares Loved Up Photo With His Fiancee / PHOTOS: Check Out New Photos Of Wizkid Second Son / 5 Type Of Nigerian Artistes That Managers Will Never Work With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.