Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,555 members, 7,951,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Making Of Igala people in KOGI STATE - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Making Of Igala people in KOGI STATE (1024 Views)

I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. / Igbo Speaking Communities In Kogi State / Beautiful People Of Igala Land And Her Unique Traditional Way Of Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Making Of Igala people in KOGI STATE by Basit002(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
The Attah Institution:
Attah means father, he is the father of the people. The institution started only with the Igala (Attah Igala) but later became a household name with even amongst other tribes.
Attah institution was fashioned after God. He was said to have absolute powers. Just as God is supreme and his decision is final so was Attah before colonial rule. The women greet him:- Amideju, mideju, ami leku, mileku. (if Attah says I should live, I live, if he say I should die, I die). All Attahs profess this that they are creatures of God and that they themselves are gods. In the palace (court) of Attah, no false witness comes there even up till today. If they do, something mysterious happens to the person that he would be recognized as a false witness.
No witches or wizard flies over
Read full article here: http://www.ebiravabe.com/2016/02/the-making-of-igala.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Can You Relate To This... Its Funny What We Choose As Prioriy / Why Rivers People Hate Ndigbo / Aro, Igbo-ibibio Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.