Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nigerian Man Charged 2 Court In London 4 Attacking His Daughter Wit Scissors(pix - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Charged 2 Court In London 4 Attacking His Daughter Wit Scissors(pix (735 Views)

Man Kills Child After Attacking His Girlfriend & Young Children With Machete / Robber With Scissors Caught At LAUTECH Hostel, Stripped Unclad (Photos) / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Charged 2 Court In London 4 Attacking His Daughter Wit Scissors(pix by ebosie11(f): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Colin Komi, is standing trial at the Inner London Crown Court for allegedly strangling, kicking and threatening his 17-year-old daughter with scissors because he was upset about the man she wanted to marry. The 45-year-old London based Nigerian and former Kids Company worker also allegedly threatened to kick baby out of daughter's stomach if she gets pregnant.

The court heard that how Mr. Okomi poked  his 17-year-old daughter Aasiyah in the head with scissors after she fell in love with the ‘wrong boy.”  When he found out she had married behind his back he is said to have turned up at the couple's home armed with a dog chain after she refused to have the wedding annulled.

Okomi worked with vulnerable children at the now-defunct charity for seven years and has appeared in court accused of assaulting his daughter and harassing the married couple. It was heard that during a 999 call Aasiyah told the operator: "My dad's just tried to stab my husband. Please take him away from me."

Okomi has admitted going round to the house but denied taking the chain saying: "Anybody who knows Islam knows it is forbidden for a Muslim to have a dog."

Previously Aasiyah told jurors: "He put his hands around my neck and pushed my hands up against the window.

"He then kicked me so hard to my right thigh and I fell to the floor.

"When I was on the floor he kicked me repeatedly. He kicked me in my back, my head and all over my torso.

"He hit me several times with a full two litre plastic water bottle. He hit me with this across the face, splitting my lip open.

"As I was about to leave, my father took some scissors and dug them into the left side of my head three or four times."

Giving evidence at Inner London Crown Court, Okomi maintained his now 18-year-old daughter Aasiyah's marriage to Turkish Muslim Erhan Ozyen, 19, was not valid. He told the jury:

"Some ceremony. I still don't recognise it. That's the reason we are here, because I don't recognise the marriage."

Aasiyah was only 15 when she first mentioned she wanted to marry Erhan in early 2013.

Prosecutors also  claim that he put a phone call to his daughter on Christmas day 2014, Okomi demanded the matter be taken back to Brixton Mosque and discussed with the Imam.

During the conversation Okomi told her he would "mash up" and "damage" Erhan, and that if she got pregnant he would "kick the baby out of my stomach", the court heard

But when she refused Okomi is said to have turned up on her doorstep looking menacing with a dog chain in his hand, jurors were told.

Okomi, of Garlinge House, Gosling Way, Stockwell, denies actual bodily harm and harassment.

The trial continues.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/nigerian-man-dragged-to-court-in-london.html

Re: Nigerian Man Charged 2 Court In London 4 Attacking His Daughter Wit Scissors(pix by ebosie11(f): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Some fathers can be too possesive
Re: Nigerian Man Charged 2 Court In London 4 Attacking His Daughter Wit Scissors(pix by Loluarmani(m): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
OK
Re: Nigerian Man Charged 2 Court In London 4 Attacking His Daughter Wit Scissors(pix by kestolove95(m): 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
Igbira people of kogi are very mean...dia wickedness is international

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Gets 40 Years Of Rigorous Imprisonment For Raping 12-year Old Girl / New Form Of Kidnapping Revealed!!! PLEASE BE SAFE!!! / UPDATE!!!! Autopsy Shows Ronke Shonde Was NOT Beaten To Death By Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.