Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,318 members, 7,887,974 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:12 PM

Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari (1306 Views)

Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu Applied For Islamic Bank Loan, Got Senate Approval / State Of Economy Excites Buhari / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Ahmed Mohammed Ali, President Of Islamic Bank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by sayyid(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday welcomed an offer by the Islamic Development Bank to organise a financing round-table in Abuja to mobilise more funds for investment and development of infrastructure in Nigeria.
According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President expressed his delight at the offer at a meeting he had with the IDB President, Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Ali, in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
The President is currently on an official visit to Saudi Arabia.
Ali was said to have assured Buhari that the IDB will work with its traditional partners such as the Saudi Fund, the Kuwait Fund, Arab Bank for Development in Africa and the Abu Dhabi Fund, to increase the quantum of funding available to Nigeria.
Welcoming the offer, Buhari restated his government’s determination to revamp and diversify the Nigerian economy rapidly.
He said, “The days of Nigeria as a big oil producer with plenty of money are gone. We need all the support we can get to diversify our economy as quickly as possible.
“We also need to rehabilitate our infrastructure, develop the domestic capacity to feed ourselves and export the surplus.”
The President welcomed the plan by the IDB to fast track the take-off of the Bilingual Education Program, aimed at integrating the Almajiri system of education with Western education in Nigeria.
The IDB has already provided $98m for the Bilingual Education Program in Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Osun and Yobe.
The bank plans to support similar projects in other states of Nigeria.

www.punchng.com/islamic-bank-offer-to-nigeria-excites-buhari/
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by chido20(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
at least dose travelings Wia nt in vain

1 Like

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
ISLAMIC BANK, ALMAJIRI, BUHARI......And nobody is seeing the hand writting on our wall...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Remii(m): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:
ISLAMIC BANK, ALMAJIRI, BUHARI......And nobody is seeing the hand writting on our wall...
. FYI, GeJ/Okonjo took loan from Islamic bank to fund 2014 budget

8 Likes

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Weblow: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:
I can see the writing but i dont understand y its not for whole nigeria but northen nigeria. This one pass politics. Just dont mention his travels here
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by johnmartus(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:
Did you have conscience at all? I Pity your low life level you guys not even have a dem respect for mr president? or you think insult will cure the problem and economy downturn jonathan put us to?

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
johnmartus:
Did you have conscience at all? I Pity your low life level you guys not even have a dem respect for mr president? or you think insult will cure the problem and economy downturn jonathan put us to?

Its either you are in primary5 or you have stupidity encoded in your DNA.
Don't ever quote me again, for your own good!
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Raphael81(m): 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
buhari should get money to develop nigeria whether na from israeli,christian or islamic bank, substance over form
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Progressive01(m): 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:

Shut up. You are the one acting like someone in primary 2.

Minister of State for Finance, Alhaji Yerima Ngama, said Thursday that discussions had reached advanced stage between the federal government and the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to secure a $600 million-loan for infrastructure development in the country.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-to-borrow-600m-from-islamic-development-bank/108986/
This was in 2012, sanctioned by your gods, GEJ and Okonjo Iweala.

Your desperate intent to promote ethnoreligious intolerance here will always be rendered useless by recorded history.

Rid yourselves of hate man. It does no one no good.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by seunmsg(m): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:

Stop being a religious bigot. We need as much money as we can get to develop our infrastructure. I don't care where the money is coming from, all I want to see is massive development

1 Like

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by johnmartus(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:

I can see how useless and unconscious you are.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by cheddahboy(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
DDeliverer:

Its either you are in primary5 or you have stupidity encoded in your DNA. Don't ever quote me again, for your own good!

A Chronic Chest Beater Spotted! Abeg wetin u go do if the guy quote you again?
No need of even asking you, I know the Answer, You Can do NOTHING!

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Nijagobeta: 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
98m USD . I hope to see the money spent judiciouly
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by babdap: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Abeg wake the wailing wailers food is ready.
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
johnmartus:
What is this one saying again? I'm tired of reading your half baked comments here
Re: Islamic Bank Offer To Nigeria Excites Buhari by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari should even invite Mohammed to donate funds for his programmes but it won't fly because he has a deficient economic team

(1) (Reply)

The National Grazing Reserve Council Bill Explained (read) / Mimiko, Fayose In Battle For Southwest Pdp’s Soul / See Gov Osmiomole's Huge Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.