Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,993 members, 7,915,918 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:17 PM

Happy Birthday To Me!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Birthday To Me!!! (356 Views)

Happy 59th Birthday To Obiano And Happy 64th Birthday To Ngige / Happy Birthday To Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello / Happy Birthday To You Tonyebarcanista! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Me!!! by Wagbemiga(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
In the last two (2) years, at least, on social media, young and old people alike are found of wishing themselves “Happy Birthday to Me” on their birthdays. In fact, they go as far as having cakes cut and pictures taken to be used as dps on twitter, whatsapp, instagram, facebook, imo, to name just a few.
Albeit, I did not know this growing up. However, it is the in thing en vogue; trending everywhere on the global village. Who new back in the 70s and 80s that such was going to trend? Just as the Yoruba saying: “Ibi ta araiye bayi si lama ba won yi si”; I guess it is fittingly proper for me to wish myself Happy Birthday with lots of happiness, joy, laughter, and love.
Today, Saturday, 20 February, 2016, I am one score, one decade and five years old!!!!! How many “gbosas” to me? I thank the Author and Creator of my life, God, One in Three: The Undivided Unity, for sustenance (It has been God all the way). Without You, where would I be? Apart from You, what would I have become? It is only in You that I live, I move and I have my being.
For the reason best known to You, I lost my mother to the cold hands of death a month and six days ago; three months less two years since my father died. I am an orphan (omo orukan). Baba, be with my siblings and I: our life, hope, aspiration, vision, ambition, goal, we place in Thy keeping, maje o soro se fun wa ooo. Iwo ni Baba alaini baba, dabo bo wa ooo. E gbe lehin omo orukan, se aladuro ti wa o; Ma fi wa sile nigba kan kan. Amin!!!
Thanks to everyone, that I cannot mention, who have helped to shape and mould me into a full grown adult: beginning with my late Father, Pa Micheal Akande (a name I have chosen for my surname to immortalise him) Onifade; my late Mother, Mrs. Mary Adunni Onifade; the Church of God, Regina Mundi Catholic Church, Babaolosha, Mushin, Lagos State, Nigeria; Family, friends, relations and acquittances; on a list too numerous for me to name: Thank you all!
“Eniyan ki i mo rin, kori o ma mi.” I know many were offended by my deeds and actions; my uncompromising stubbornness and my inability to deny the truth: I just wish you all can forgive me? You know why, this next lap would not be meritorious without you. As a matter of fact, I cannot achieve success without your constructive criticism. Kindly find it in the depth of your golden heart to pardon me: I am very sorry.
To those I have impressed and satisfied, know this: my life will be incomplete without you!!! How I wish, more than ever, that you would not abandon me on this journey. Your constant encouragement is the sure tonic that gives me the energy to never look back; “for no one who lays his/her on the plough and looks back is worthy”: our destination is not as far as our starting point. In fact, we can only be declared winner on the finish line. Let us, therefore, set out at dawn on the onward journey. Thank you.
And so begins the next lap/phase/chapter of my life: where are you?

‘Wagbemiga Mary-Peter

Re: Happy Birthday To Me!!! by alexx187(m): 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hbd wishing u all the best......

(1) (Reply)

The Corrupt Politician And The Good Shepherd / CBN: A Governing Body That Doesn't Govern / Southerners Let's Rally For Peace And Oneness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.