Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,975 members, 7,942,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? (18592 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by PussyKrook: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
Now this is good bedtime story for my little niece. I toast for your long life, health and blessings

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
emalek86:
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low tariff
Without Corruption I have 7hrs electricity
with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100
WithCorruption smallest indomie was N40
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N60
The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a stand......
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbackourcorruption .
# BuharibringbackNigeria .
# Bringbacknaira .
If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then now it's 2.
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see "Try Again"
Good night pals.

Copied
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Jabioro: 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
See where integrity land you.Even Baba bubu of Daora is not 100% honesty.What have done is a complete foolishness in Business, that is not how to win someone heart.Hence you are able to raise the sales beyond your boss target ,at least your commission will not affect his expectations. Buhari is. not 100% honest not to talk of Tinubu..learn fast otherwise you remain money slave.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Originalsly: 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
It would be dishonesty if you made 150K and gave the boss less than 80K. The boss was asking for 80k...if that's all you made then you had to give it to him....whatever more you made is yours. If you want to give him extra is on you. You chose to give him all....he would now be thinking how much you really made since you gave him 150K... unless you told him that was all you made.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by ShakurM(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
yomi007k:

And u wud be a happy boss if d employee u have been so nice to did this to u?

Yes or No.
I would be happy of course. The boss already had his mind on 80k. My business is my 80k. No more no less. Ask experienced salesmen.

Being too nice is bad for business on the long run
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by selfemployed(m): 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
I have a good boss who not only pays well but have also been very nice to me both financially and otherwise.
He sent me on an errand yesterday to sell some of his personal belongings for him. He was expecting a maximum of 80k from the sales. While selling, I negotiated cleverly and made 150k.
I fought with my conscience to give him like between 80k-90k. But I finally decided to give him all the money because he had always been a nice guy and I felt it was wrong to cheat or steal from someone who always gives you even more than you deserve.
Fast forward to today. My younger brother called that he needs money for some pressing needs in school and I did not have money to give him because almost all the money I have is tied down to a certain business deal.
I feel bad that I can't give my brother the money he needs and I could have had the cash to give him if I took part of the money yesterday. I have been wondering if it was really worth it that I gave my boss all the proceeds from the sales.
Please share ur thoughts on this.

Mr man, u acted very foolishly. U think ur boss is owing u gratitude, and will reward u tomorrow? U are very wrong. That will not stop him him from firing u tomorrow. In fact, he may fight with u over 500 naira tomorrow and forget about this event. Humans r naturally, ungrateful.

Since he wanted to sell d stuff 80k, if u sell it 1 million and give home his 80k , the test is non of his business. Business is about agreements.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by yomi007k(m): 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
ShakurM:
I would be happy of course. The boss already had his mind on 80k. My business is my 80k. No more no less. Ask experienced salesmen.

Being too nice is bad for business on the long run
Ok
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by ipledge10(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
emalek86:
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbacknaira .
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...
Good night pals.
you can cry a river foolish idiot. ..animal in human skin
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by habsydiamond(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
Any moneythat can't turn u to an instant millionaire is not worth stealing. God will reward u for what did. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by sholay2011(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
This life is becoming funnier everyday. You just stated your boss has been good to you and nice financially, and you still had to struggle with your conscience before you handed the money fully to him?? Well, people who might not do the same will pat your back but I won't.

You should help because it's the right thing to do. I will pat your back if your boss was an irritable and nasty person and you still did the same thing.

And you're regretting you handed the money to him because you couldn't give some money to your younger brother You don't have to necessarily rob Peter to pay Paul.Helping someone who has been nice to you like you said is mutually exclusive with your brother's case.

Shame on what humanity has become.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Na dis kain thing my ibo young traders dey call "Oso-ahia". OP I know pplewill honour you for your Integrity but lemme tell you. This Life isn't fair at allz. That person you think you are proving yur integrity doesn't even give a fvck. Guess why? Because he didn't even give you a part of the excess money.
OP, you didn't steal , you just reached above your target. Well, so long your conscience disturbs you, e better say you no take atallz. This Life is for Bold ones oooo!!!

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Manspeaks(m): 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
I have a good boss who not only pays well but have also been very nice to me both financially and otherwise.
He sent me on an errand yesterday to sell some of his personal belongings for him. He was expecting a maximum of 80k from the sales. While selling, I negotiated cleverly and made 150k.
I fought with my conscience to give him like between 80k-90k. But I finally decided to give him all the money because he had always been a nice guy and I felt it was wrong to cheat or steal from someone who always gives you even more than you deserve.
Fast forward to today. My younger brother called that he needs money for some pressing needs in school and I did not have money to give him because almost all the money I have is tied down to a certain business deal.
I feel bad that I can't give my brother the money he needs and I could have had the cash to give him if I took part of the money yesterday. I have been wondering if it was really worth it that I gave my boss all the proceeds from the sales.

What is wrong with this generation? How can you contemplate stealing from somebody, whether boss or not!! We have lost all decency known to the moralists. And yet, we keep blaming government or village phantomed witches for our misfortunes? It is a pity!!!
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by tbolu: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Sad that people have lost there moral compass to this extent, the whole amount belongs to the boss, it was his property you sold, had you only made 40k he would not have asked you for 40k. Take it from one who has been there , you will come to a stage in life where this amount is chicken feed

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by harsysky(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
Honesty iS the best Policy. Good supercedes Bad. The instruction like you said was that your boss needed 80k. He might even know the items worth more than that but he needed you to get something outta it too. He could as well feel you made more , then took out your share and felt he deserved 150k.

I love your honesty, no doubt. Stick to instructions and you will never lose. Your case isn't honesty; it could be termed FOOLISHNESS. Did you consider your time? Did you consider it wasn't part of your job? Did you also consider that you used your initiative to make that money? Whether you gave him 80k, 90k or 100k, you've done him a lot of favour; I mean it , a lot of favour! Honesty is good, but yours wasn't or might not be attributed to honesty.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
selfemployed:

Mr man, u acted very foolishly. U think ur boss is owing u gratitude, and will reward u tomorrow? U are very wrong. That will not stop him him from firing u tomorrow. In fact, he may fight with u over 500 naira tomorrow and forget about this event. Humans r naturally, ungrateful.

Since he wanted to sell d stuff 80k, if u sell it 1 million and give home his 80k , the test is non of his business. Business is about agreements.
U dey mind that OP. This life eh, despite this show of integrity, his boss would still not trust him. That Op still doesn't know how this world is run. Coz to me, he didn't steal if he kept the excess. He gives his boss his share, he keeps the rest. Every party stays happy.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Oghumu1(m): 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hypolyta:
Need i tell u but u r STUPID no apologies... Your boss wanted 80k the rest was urs for the taking... Its about business not integrity
What if the buyer decides to return the goods and asked for his/her money?? The boss gives the man 80k and the man says his money is 150k, how do u expect him to explain that to his boss??
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by lakeside30: 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
emalek86:
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbacknaira .
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see "Try Again
Good night pals.

Wetin dis idiot they talk self
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Chrisx1x(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
[s]
emalek86:
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbacknaira .
Good night pals.
[/s]stale
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Lekan111(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Corruption is everywhere we Nigerians needs to change our mentality
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by noblegrex: 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
I can't blame you.that means your conscience is still in charge. I once had a boss like that and I can't just stand to do anything to hurt him even if he's not around me. I always try everything to protect his inetrest. It pays off at the end of the day after much suffering.but I tell you-its always like that. besides,you must have gotent the fear of God. Not everyone has the heart to reciprocate their boss kind gestures,that's why most boss are harsh and strict. But you've spoken well of him which means you're free with him,so you can still go to him to ask of some money even if its going to be part of your salary.that's if your bro seriously needs the money. To your question,I don't see anything wrong in your act but if you negotiated further and gain more,you can still keep some cos it never affected you boss biz. You too are doing deals with your Boss biz and it never affected it.all thesame,there's nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by grandstar(m): 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.

Heb 13:17
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by pythonkid(m): 12:23am On Feb 28, 2016
Btw what are they even selling for 80k that you sold 150k.. I want hear please...
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Lexusgs430: 1:21am On Feb 28, 2016
I tell you a quick story. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago.
I was honest with my Boss and fast forward today, my Boss set me up for life!!!!
NB : Other situations happened while I was with him(financial nature), of which I was truthful, loyal and honest!!!
Some Bosses silently appreciate and reward, while other appreciate and don't reward!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by TGM2015: 2:04am On Feb 28, 2016
Sometimes I wonder the type of generation that we are breeding now and the impact on next generation.
I observed in this thread that a post suggesting the OP to short change his boss got almost eight times likes against those who believe that he has done the right thing.

Honesty and justice is what build a nation, the absence of them destroy a nation including family, friendship, religion organizations, etc. Check out Nigeria and her present state, and be sincere to yourself if our politicians, civil servants, traditional elders and private individuals are committed to giving just at all costs and honest in all course... How will Nigeria state of economic, political and financial state be?

A better Nigeria, world and future begins with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by placeofallure(f): 3:27am On Feb 28, 2016
I know that feeling when your younger ones need something and you couldn't turn up but Takoi you did absolutely well by being faithful 100%. It is a trick of the devil your brother needing help at this time. The devil wants you to regret your actions now, so you could decide against that next time, shame the devil all the time, Honesty is the best policy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by battleaxe: 4:22am On Feb 28, 2016
I'm actually embarrassed and ashamed by some of the comments on this thread.

Therein lies why we are where we are as a nation!

A nation whose youth have lost their moral compass will bear exactly the same fruits as the current leaders they complain about incessantly. A real pity.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Hypolyta: 6:21am On Feb 28, 2016
Oghumu1:

What if the buyer decides to return the goods and asked for his/her money?? The boss gives the man 80k and the man says his money is 150k, how do u expect him to explain that to his boss??
Stop overthinking
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by ayobarmy(m): 8:14am On Feb 28, 2016
@op i would have given u a thumb up for ur action, because i used to be like u, not until yesterday that my boss called me a thief, despite the fact that i have sacrifice all my effort to ensure that nobody cheat him, even in his absence.... I am still in shock even now.... I just hope ur boss will not turn out to be like mine ..... Good luck
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by systemz(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2016
ShakurM:
I won't tell you what everybody is telling you

Nobody is clamouring for or against honesty.

Or you can use a stone to kill two birds ;
Give him 100k, pocket 50k. You have his trust. Everybody is happy

Your boss expects 80k,give him the 80k... you made more than 80k! Ok that your inexperienced conscience is pricking you Mr nice guy, give am 100k, take the 50k! You earned it, you used your intellectual power.

What if you lost the 80k or you didn't make the expected amount of sales next time?

The first honest comment.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by PrettyClare7(f): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2016
by selling something for your boss,yourself are his agent and under an agency relationship there is the rule of utmost disclosure and you are not to make secret profit, you must also disclose secret profits and there is also the duty of rendering proper accounts. you have done well.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by UssyFreeesh(m): 11:31am On Feb 28, 2016
Honesty is overrated undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Fires 61 & Retires 16 Officers Over Certificate Forgery / Sudden Recall From Former Organisation / Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.