Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? (1460 Views)

What Is Your Thought About WWE Wrestling, Is It REAL? / Wrestling Is Fake!!! / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by binhozie(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2009
Pardon me for my naivety, but why do people keep on watching WWE or whateva the hell its called when they KNOW its stagemanaged. I mean people pay to watch people who have been groomed by some other people on what to do and how to act. Either me or them is missing something.
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by jalether(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
The same way we all know movies (action, horror, sci fi) are fake and it is still being watched worldwide

thread close cheesy smiley
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by MrCrackles(m): 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2009
I dont! grin
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by binhozie(m): 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2009
@jalether,
You're a cow for comparing wrestling to films. Why dont you compare it to boxing or soccer. freak!
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
The whole of my family including my humble self are huge fans of WWE.
I was at earls court 2 or 3 yrs ago when Jose Mourinho was the VIP.

Vince McMahon has sucessfully changed the face of wrestling. . . . . . . and boy, is he funny!
The show is full of humour and proper wrestling when needed.
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by Vieira(m): 1:48am On Jul 15, 2009
binhozie:

@jalether,
You're a cow for comparing wrestling to films. Why dont you compare it to boxing or soccer. freak!

Because it is more like films than boxing.

Wrestling has scripts, writers and actors just like movies, it is called Sports Entertainment. They do not even pretend that it is real.

people watch it and enjoy it for the action and the elaborate storylines. Just like watching Eastenders or any other soap.

I think the closest think to wrestling are superhero movies really.
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by jalether(m): 4:22am On Jul 15, 2009
binhozie, i know how it feels to make someone look stupid, take heart grin grin grin
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by biola44: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2009
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by jalether(m): 2:02am On Jul 17, 2009
biola44:

wetin do you grin
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:05am On Jul 17, 2009
so that thing is fake? shocked I thought it was real
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by switch47(m): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2009
@ post!! switch says------
Its no real Fight!! YEAH !! IT IS ENTERTAINING THAT IS WHY PEOPLE GO TO SEE WRESTLING!! it more like stunts and its is quite dangerous ( remember Hart died in the process , those guys get injuries in the process!! hence the WARNING- no matter who you are DONT TRY IT AT HOME!!

switch just left the building----------------
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by galaticos(m): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2009
i initially taught it WWE was real but am not convinced yet.
What about the local wrestling championship that is coming up in the country between Legend and Ultimate Commander is it also Fake?
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by tayoccu(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2009
switch47:

@ post!! switch says------
Its no real Fight!! YEAH !! IT IS ENTERTAINING THAT IS WHY PEOPLE GO TO SEE WRESTLING!! it more like stunts and its is quite dangerous ( remember Hart died in the process , those guys get injuries in the process!! hence the WARNING- no matter who you are DONT TRY IT AT HOME!!

switch just left the building----------------

switch owen hart died during a stunt, and not during a fight.
the cable lowering his into the ring snapped, he fell and hit his head on the metal pole thingy @ the edge of the ring.
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by sley4life(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2009
They pay 2 watch it for just entertainment & to sign autograph too. Maybe to get tshirt, cap& other stuff the wrestler throw away when he enters ring
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by destinysgu(m): 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2009
binhozie:

Pardon me for my naivety, but why do people keep on watching WWE or whateva the hell its called when they KNOW its stagemanaged. I mean people pay to watch people who have been groomed by some other people on what to do and how to act. Either me or them is missing something.

had pardon u already grin
Fake or No fake
u can't still do wat those guyz r doing, can u? tongue
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by kok(m): 1:43am On Jul 18, 2009
Wrestling is entertainment, thats why it was renamed from WWF to WWE to emphasize it.
Re: We Know Wrestling Is Fake, But Why Do People Keep Watching It? by cheatmaker: 5:21am On Jul 18, 2009
I think they simply want to get strong, maybe cos of enemies, Wat do you think.

(1) (Reply)

Macho Man Randy Savage, The Latest Wrestler To Kick The Bucket / Giroud: We Don't Need New Striker / Ogo Obi, The Nigerian Messi, Joins Man United On Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.