Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,276 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:41 PM

"The COMMON Of The UNCOMMON Sense" @iamjose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The COMMON Of The UNCOMMON Sense" @iamjose (390 Views)

Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? / Nnmadi Kalu And The Common Man. (photo 18+) / Where Is The Uncommon Transformation Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The COMMON Of The UNCOMMON Sense" @iamjose by IamJose(m): 3:51am On Feb 28, 2016
" COMMON-SENSE is so UNCOMMON that somtimes people sees it as Magic .. its not a gift..but a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who does'nt have it"
"
Nigeria is a country God has so bless with everything that humans need. I mean in terms of food we have natural growing food unlike the organic food grown in the western world. Talk about our numerous Natural resourses from iron,steel,Gold,lime stone,crudes etc ..talk about the raw materials like cotton,cocoa,rubber etc..we have everything but still feels like we have nothing..and its a sad thing to hear individuals in the society saying there is hardship in the country amidst abundant wealth. My question is where did we all get it wrong?.. Is it the Government or the citizens?.. To answer this let's first of all analyse who are the Government and who are the citizen.. From definition "the GOVERNMENT is that body selected or elected by the CITIZENZ of a society to lead and to serve the society" well, from this definition its the GOVERNMENT are correlated to the CITIZENS in other words the GOVERNMENT is the CITIZENS.The point is. In Nigeria today we as Citizens are always too quick to blame the Government for whatever challenge the country faces while ignoring the fact that we are the Government and we are responsible for what ever is happening in the country today ,its not the President,the house of reps or and other arms of government parastatals but everyone of us.for example if there's any economy challenge every citizen will sees it as an excuse or an opportunity to raise his or her produce or goods to enrich their pocket. Like when there was a scarcity of PMS then market women where like "fuel don increase oo.. So the price of my market don follow increase"..I mean if PMS increases..increasing the prices of your good won't make you rich over night ..I mean was the goods using a different road for delivery before the increment?..ok Now there is this issue of DOLLAR.. For the love of God are we using dollar in this country..? that we now use it as an avenue or an excuse or rather a very dubeous opportunity to increase the prices of goods in the market..its so catastrophic that it vexes my spirit. Like somedays back I went to buy pure water and the pure water I was buying a bag for #70 now cost #100 and when I ask was it so ."the madam in the shop was like dollar don increase price so pure water 2 don add money".. So I was force to ask her "Madam, na dollar I use take wan buy this water" and she replied "No"..Now,the people who suffer most in such situations are the masses, the lower class who are struggling to make end means.the so call weathy don't give a damn cos all they know is to take trips upon trip abroad. So You see my fellow Nigerians we should free ourself from mental slavery. Instead of taking advantages of economy downfall thinking that its an avenue to enrich our pocket,the truth is that its only making things worst for the future to come..
The sooner we realize that the so Call Government does not give a DAMN! About us.the better for us as individuals in the society.the fact is,.the Government do not care about you or your Children or your right or your welfare or your safty..It's interest is in its POWER .that's the only thing keeping it and expanding it where ever possible is it only concern.
The truth is,Our rights are being violated right before our eyes and the elite(Government) just twist the words to make it seem more public friendly. Revolution is of utmost importance in today's society.
It's time for us as Nigerian to stop falling into the trap of the country so call Government/Elite. let's take a stand and say this is what we want and this how we want it to be.. Until we are willing to start helping ourself and start doing what is right Nigeria will remain what the western world Label as "UNDER_DEVELOP" but to me I believe that Nigeria as a country has the potentials to Be far more DEVELOP than any country in the world. We just have'nt realize it yet and our Ignorance has been a major factor contributing to this unawarness.
So much to say about but I wil like to remind us about our the National anthems and the plegde. Which says:

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity.
O God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign.

I pledge to Nigeria, my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest,
To serve Nigeria with all my strength,
To defend her unity and uphold
Her honor and glory.
So help me God.

If there's one thing I believe that has made the so DEVELOP country what they are today is that the citizens/youth take their National anthem,the National flag and the National pledge a serious matter ..they are even ready to die for it.. But in Nigeria how many citizens/youths are willing to do so?..
From the words of mahatma ghandi " We are the change we seek in the world".. 2pac in one of his hit track "Changes"said "let's change the way we treat eachother for a better tommorow"..
it's not all about the Government to make a better society but the sole responsibility lies with the citizens and every single individual in the society.

#God Bless Nigeria#God Bless Africa#

@Iamjose
Re: "The COMMON Of The UNCOMMON Sense" @iamjose by Tunami(m): 5:06am On Feb 28, 2016
we keep on hearing same stories everyday with no action to match it up.

(1) (Reply)

Buharimeter: Voice Of A Resurgent Nation #buharitravels @9jaclicktivist / Pic! A Special Message To Senator Yerima And His Disciples / Re: FFK Enough Is Enough But Only For The Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.