Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,371 members, 7,923,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:57 AM

Militants Dares Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Dares Obama (824 Views)

Breaking: Radio Biafra Dares The Army Issued 24hrs Warning Deadline / Prove Your Allegations Against Us, INEC Dares PDP / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Dares Obama by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2009
Could Obama be really afraid of being kidnapped by Nigeria militants,which prompted his decision not come to Nigeria?.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by MrCrackles(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2009
Nah i dont think so. . . . .
Can we just drop the issue of Obama not coming to Nigeria. . . . He simply didnt fancy it!
Re: Militants Dares Obama by ElRazur: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2009
How did you arrive at that

The number one man and most powerful man in the world kidnapped by common criminals? Yeah right. The forces guarding him alone can probably take on a quarter of Nigeria army, before back up is called upon.

He shunned Nigeria simply because the country political system is a corrupt one. Period.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by ikeyman00(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

nigerians are jokers!!

u really think the US security walk empty handed!!

cant believe that every naija back home beleive na cuz of kidnappers hahhah

US president travels in Afagha,iraq etc
Re: Militants Dares Obama by kokoA(m): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nah i dont think so. . . . .
Can we just drop the issue of Obama not coming to Nigeria. . . . He simply didnt fancy it!

Thank you jare!

@ Niralanders

You rate "your" militants so high huh? Nonsense!
Re: Militants Dares Obama by xxxinchdep: 9:43am On Jul 14, 2009
We should stop arguing about empty promises.our possibilities are in our hands do not blame no one or argue. the only way to move forward is to go back and give back in a positive way. there is lots of potentials in nigeria but less opportunity. how long can the arguement of mend go on, how long can the govt keep failing the people. how many wars and blood shed has to cost our country. i wonder if the leaders do see everyday people and understand their plight.
we can see the generation change in the music, life ,ideas. however, we dont see that in the leaders. we can cry for so long, but what will make the change sometimes it fears me that it would come to the last solution war
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Afam(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
ElRazur:

The number one man and most powerful man in the world kidnapped by common criminals? Yeah right. The forces guarding him alone can probably take on a quarter of Nigeria army, before back up is called upon.

The content in bold refers, what is the basis of this reckless statement?
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
Afam:

The content in bold refers, what is the basis of this reckless statement?

I will use ridiculous. As ridiculous as the topic itself.

@topic

Was it not the same militants that were calling on Obama to come and mediate between them and the FG a few months ago?
Re: Militants Dares Obama by redsun(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
Obama not coming to nigeria show how unserious and backward the country is.No sane minded individual will take that country seriously,the whole thing is like a joke,child's play.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by bawomolo(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2009
Obama shaking hands with hugo chavez alone caused negative press.

do you imagine the ammo a Naija visit would give the likes of limbaugh, sean hannity and O'Reilly?
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Afam(m): 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
What's the big deal about the president of the most indebted country in the world visiting Nigeria?

I think people are thinking way too much about this Obama man instead of looking for ways to solve our many and sometimes very unique problems in Nigeria.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by SamMilla1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
ElRazur:

How did you arrive at that

He shunned Nigeria simply because the country political system is a corrupt one. Period.

lol.

I dont think they will be needing backup. The secrect service guarding him will finish the war alone.

Offtopic
I remember when i used to hear that Nigerian Army is one of the strongest in the World.
Tales.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by SamMilla1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
Afam:

What's the big deal about the president of the most indebted country in the world visiting Nigeria?

I think people are thinking way too much about this Obama man instead of looking for ways to solve our many and sometimes very unique problems in Nigeria.

I think you are just saying rubish here. When did Americas debt put them down to your level ?
Or to the level of Germans and Japs for that matter?
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Fhemmmy: 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
I cant blv that someone is actually thinking Obama was afraid of some useless militant, hence decided to go to Ghana.
Obama has long forgotten being in Ghana and Nigerians are still bitter about it, na wa oh
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
Do these "daft" oyibos see what they've caused by putting a black man in the white house?

People cant rest because of others' low self esteem and gargatuan negro grovelling!

angry angry

Obama this Obama that.

give me a frigging break!!!!!
Re: Militants Dares Obama by SapeleGuy: 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
Thank you. The thing don tire me. Lazy people.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by redsun(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
Nigeria is case of where few criminals in power are ruling and persecuting suppose law abiding majority and the majority are running from the few evil ones,a of chaos over order.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Afam(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2009
Sam Milla:

I think you are just saying rubish here. When did Americas debt put them down to your level ?
Or to the level of Germans and Japs for that matter?

Who bloody cares what you think? What you think is completely irrelevant, what matters is the reality.

Your comment on the debt goes to show that you are completely clueless.

Who is the US indebted to? Even as the world's most indebted country they are still borrowing. Borrowing from who? Will these loans ever be paid back? Having access to unlimited loans from institutions you either control or own and being able to print money anytime you need it is certainly not a model a country should copy.

We have our problems in Nigeria no doubt and we can solve these problems if we can solve the leadership problem and downplay the ethnic and tribal sentiments while insisting on fair play, equity and justice.

But trying to tie the future or success of this country to the president of the most indebted country in the world is the most stupid comment I have read from someone all my life.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by SamMilla1(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2009
Afam:

Who bloody cares what you think? What you think is completely irrelevant, what matters is the reality.

Your comment on the debt goes to show that you are completely clueless.

Who is the US indebted to? Even as the world's most indebted country they are still borrowing. Borrowing from who? Will these loans ever be paid back? Having access to unlimited loans from institutions you either control or own and being able to print money anytime you need it is certainly not a model a country should copy.

We have our problems in Nigeria no doubt and we can solve these problems if we can solve the leadership problem and downplay the ethnic and tribal sentiments while insisting on fair play, equity and justice.

But trying to tie the future or success of this country to the president of the most indebted country in the world is the most stupid comment I have read from someone all my life.

Mr Afam, there is no need pointing fingers.
I still maintain what i said.
Clueless or not,  America is indebted To China n co. Good.
So what, when did that drag them down to the level of your corrupt failed country?

When Nigeria was owing trillions of Dollars, what did they do with it?
No railway, no roads, no water, no electricity. what did they do with the money?
Do you want me to remind you what America does with their own borrowed money?
They fight for you against Moslem fanatics and terrorists.
They fought for you with their money when Hitler was Killing blacks and Jews in Europe.
Atleast the America system is working. That makes them better than you.
That Enugu where you live, How long does it take you to get to Garikki area from Abakpa?
It took me aproximately 40 minutes the last time i was there.

Over here, it takes about 5 minutes to do that.
Thats what they do with the money they borrowed

,   American President can Change the situation in your country with one comment.
  its called SANCTION !,

Are you still questiong what they can do?
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Afam(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2009
Sam Milla:

When Nigeria was owing trillions of Dollars, what did they do with it?
No railway, no roads, no water, no electricity. what did they do with the money?
Do you want me to remind you what America does with their own borrowed money?

Nigeria never owed anyone trillions of dollars. When people like you are constantly fed with false information and lies then it makes discussions almost impossible.

Get you facts right then come back to this topic.

Sam Milla:

They fight for you against Moslem fanatics and terrorists.
They fought for you with their money when Hitler was Killing blacks and Jews in Europe.
Atleast the America system is working. That makes them better than you.

Another brainwashed comment. Fight for me against Moslem fanatics and terrorists. It is a pity you don't have a mind of your own and I will certainly not waste my time disabusing your mind of the nonsense you just put down there.

Sam Milla:

That Enugu where you live, How long does it take you to get to Garikki area from Abakpa?
It took me aproximately 40 minutes the last time i was there.

Over here, it takes about 5 minutes to do that.
Thats what they do with the money they borrowed

Another dumb and reckless comment. I don't live in Enugu.

Sam Milla:

,   American President can Change the situation in your country with one comment.
  its called SANCTION !,

Any US sanction against Nigeria in terms of anything will not do Nigeria any harm because they need our oil more than we need any resources from them. It might interest you to know that the romance with Saudi Arabia even though that country does not practice anything close to democracy is hinged on that same fact - crude oil.

Nigeria has what a lot of countries would want to pay for and trust me there are buyers everywhere.

During Abacha's regime it was clear that doing business with the US was just another option out there.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by redsun(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2009
Debt is a circle of life,but what people are indebted for is what make the difference.

Nigerian debts enriches the few miscreats called leaders and elites instead of development.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Afam(m): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2009
redsun:

Nigerian debts enriches the few miscreats called leaders and elites instead of development.

This is the unfortunate reality. No doubt about the many bad leaders we have had in this country.

My worry is the wrong belief that Obama or any president of the US can use a magic wand to better any country. Let Obama solve the problems in the US first because that was what he was elected to do.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by banom(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2009
Didnt Bill Clinton and Laura Bush visit Nigeria ?
Re: Militants Dares Obama by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2009
I will rather prefer the Chinese leader to come to Nigeria anyday.

Obama = good rhetorics

Chinko leader = Real practical benefit
Re: Militants Dares Obama by redsun(m): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
Personally,i don't see america as a yardstick for our emancipation but his not coming to nigeria in political terms and protocols shows the irrelevant state of nigeria politically and otherwise.

And secondly,Obama is an intellectual and a blackman,so he might be taking the african backwardness personally instead of the usual political gimmicks,pretence and deciets of oyinbo leaders.

He is saying it as it is and all we need to do is face the fact and put our house in order.
Re: Militants Dares Obama by walakolobo: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
now you guys are making gods out of these criminals called militants.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Most 'hated' Man / Cameroonian Soldiers Kill 6 Nigerians In Bakassi / Vanguard Editorial On Bode George - 'yellow-brown Envelope' Journalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.