Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,323 members, 7,940,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why I Believe You Can Make It As An Entrepreneur - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Believe You Can Make It As An Entrepreneur (454 Views)

5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur / Stop Calling Everyone An Entrepreneur / Nkiru Emodi, Shoemaker, Wins Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Believe You Can Make It As An Entrepreneur by Abisoyee(m): 8:16am On Feb 29, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/29/why-i-believe-you-can-make-it-as-an-entrepreneur/

“I worked at a job where I am being paid just enough to keep me from quitting and I worked just enough to keep from getting fired” – Les Brown.

I believe in what you can build rather than where you can fit. In the beginning things will look so good, then you get to be told what time to work, how many times you can take vacations, how many days you can be sick in a year, how long your lunch break can get, which risks you can take or not take. Someone else dictates your financial future when you work for them, it is all an addiction to powerlessness. Be wise, never get satisfied with what you are being paid alone, start something only you control.

Keep in mind the words written by Dean Alfange, “I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon if I can. I seek opportunity not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the State look after me. I want to take the calculated risk, to dream and to build. To fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole; I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence. The thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid. To think and act for myself, to enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say this, ‘with God’s help, I have done all there is, what it means to be an entrepreneur.”

I say that all this is what it means to control your destiny. Greatness is in you.

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

[TRAINING] - Business Analysis Using Fundamental Excel Techniques (APPLY NOW) / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron / Music Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.