Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,307 members, 7,881,134 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:09 PM

The Chosen Daily Devotional 29th February, 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Chosen Daily Devotional 29th February, 2016 (357 Views)

Rccg Sunday School 29th October 2017 / Gloria And Mike Bamiloye Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary In Style (Photos) / The Chosen Daily Devotional 29th Dec. 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 29th February, 2016 by ChosenOnline: 9:24am On Feb 29, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: MONDAY, 29TH FEBRUARY 2016.

YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT GOD

TEXT: John 15:4-5
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

MEMORY VERSE: But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1 Corinthians 15:10

God is everything in man, without Him, you can do nothing. Whoever you are and whatever you are, is by God's enablement. Unfortunately many people do not realize this. Some people think that they are what they are by their power, wisdom or education. King Nebuchadnezzar thought that Babylon was great by his power and so he was puffed up and spoke thus-

"The King spake and said, is not this great Babylon that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?... (Dan 4:30-31)", While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven saying" O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; the kingdom is departed from thee."
Of course, you know the rest of the story. Immediately God spoke in verse 31 of Dan 4, king Nebuchadnezzar was driven into the bush where he spent seven years eating grasses like lower animals. Child of God, I want you to understand that God is the author and finisher of your life. Therefore, whatever position you attain in life or whoever you are, all are by the grace of God. Some of you have been stripped of your position because of pride like Nebuchadnezzar.

In our text above, God wants you to understand that He is the vine, while you are the branch. Without the vine, the branch cannot survive or succeed. And so you need to always abide in God so that you will always succeed or maintain your position.

Apostle Paul is saying in our memory verse that he is what he is by the grace of God. Truly whenever a man recognizes the grace of God upon his life, such a man will not make mistake because he will attribute all glory to God knowing that what he is, is by the grace of God. I counsel you through this devotional today to recognize that you cannot do without God and whatever you are, is by His grace.

PRAYER POINTS:
Pray that you will never abuse the grace of God in your life.

Pray that you will always abide with God.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil 1 John 3:8. If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

(1) (Reply)

Someone Is Just About To Remember You For Good. / The Parable Of The Noisy Car... / Bible System Of Giving - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.