Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,584 members, 7,921,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:13 PM

Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu (564 Views)

Thousands Troop Out To Support President Muhammadu Buhari In Kaduna [PHOTOS] / "I Support President Buhari" Mega Rally In Kano (Photos) / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu by patiot: 2:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
The senator representing  Ogun-East Senatorial District, Senator Buruji Kashamu has for the umpteenth time urged Nigerians to support the anti-corruption war of the Federal Government.

He spoke at an empowerment programme held on Sunday in Ijebu-Igbo in Ogun State where he donated cash, vehicles, motorcycles, sewing machines and other equipment, as part of his constituency and Omoilu Foundation projects.

Kashamu said even though he and other lawmakers were in the opposition,they were getting their dues, adding that the sewing machines, motorcycles and wheelchairs were part of his constituency projects.

He said unlike in the immediate past when some of those who were in public offices colluded with others to deprive the people of their rights, the present administration has created a conducive atmosphere to ensure fair and equitable distribution of resources.

"No one dares cut corners with this administration. All those who were doing so in the past have now been exposed. There is no more hiding place for them," he added

Senator Kashamu announced the donation of 15 vehicles and 20 motorcycles for immediate release to the beneficiaries.

He also announced that 163 sewing machines and 180 generators were ready for distribution as part of his empowerment programme for his constituents.

Senator Kashamu declared that, as the only PDP senator in the state, he could not restrict himself  to his senatorial district alone, hence he announced that 150 generators and 200 sewing machines will be distributed across Ogun Central and Ogun West senatorial districts within two weeks at 75 generators and 100 sewing machines per senatorial district.

His words, "I am glad to announce  to you all that 163  sewing machines and 180 generators are ready for distribution as empowerment to the people of Ogun east senatorial district while 100 sewing machines and 75 generators shall also be given to each of Ogun central and Ogun west senatorial districts as empowerment in the other two zones.

On the Federal Government's anti-corruption war, he said, “President Muhammadu Buhari is on course. While I understand the plight of those who received donations in form of cars and money from some people under the immediate past administration, those who directly dipped their hands into the vaults should defend themselves. There is no way the beneficiaries would know the source of the funds.

"I am persuaded that in a short while things will pick up. Nigerians should not allow politicians to deceive them.  We tend to play politics with everything and anything. We forget that the elections and campaigns are over. Now, we have a government in place. We should rise above selfish and narrow partisan interest and join hands to build our country by offering constructive advice just as some senior citizens like Prof. Wole Soyinka and Chief Emeka Anyaoku have done.

"We have no other country than Nigeria. These eminent Nigerians have suggested that the Federal Government should organise a national economic summit and tap from the wealth of experience of the experts. Those are the kind of advice anyone that means well should give and not play politics with everything and pretend as if we are better when we are not.

"I challenge those who are fond of mindlessly criticising the President to show me a proof of what they have done to improve the economy of their states. Is the allocation from the Federation Account not the mainstay source of their states’ revenue? How tolerant are they of the opposition in their states? So, if they pull down the Federal Government, don’t they know that they would have also taken their states and their people back by several years? They should know that it is easier to destroy than to build.”

On the fuel scarcity being experienced in some parts of the country, Kashamu said, "I wish to implore the Federal Government to investigate the activities of the NNPC Depots across the country. I believe that the current scarcity is artificially induced. There are allegations that even though the Federal Government has pegged the official rate fuel should be lifted; many of the depots sell above the amount. They ask the independent marketers to pay the government approved rate into the officially designated account and another difference of between N30 to N35 per litre into other private accounts or they simply collect cash. 
"That is why the marketers sell above the official rate and when they are being pressurised to do so, they shut down their filling stations, saying they do not have fuel, and of course at the detriment of the masses. I believe that if the relevant agencies of government question some of the marketers or trace the movement of funds from their accounts, they will get to the bottom of this issue and Nigeria will be the better for it."

On the criticisms that have trailed the emergence of Senator  Ali Modu Sheriff as the National Chairman of PDP, Senator Kashamu quipped, "Is it not curious that it is now that Senator Ali Modu Sheriff became the National Chairman of our great party, the PDP, that some people remembered that he has been accused of this and that? As for me, the security agencies have information about all Nigerians, especially the prominent ones. If they have not found him wanting in anyway and the courts have not found him guilty, all that is being said about him is the normal muck-raking that goes with politics.

"The other leg of it is how clean are those pointing accusing fingers at Senator Ali Modu Sheriff? What is their electoral and political value in their respective domains? If the highest decision-making organ of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the PDP has in its wisdom decided to choose him as our National Chairman, we cannot but do all within our powers at loyal party men and women, to support him to succeed. I learnt he is already making efforts to woo back some of those who left us shortly before the 2015 elections and even bring new members. That is a step in the right direction. If he is able to build the party and re-energise it before the National Convention, I tell you the sky will not be the limit for him and the party."

Re: Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu by mcee1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Kashamu of all people? shocked
Re: Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu by Akkord4gov: 2:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Change is constant
So Kashamu can be speaking like this

Surely,God can call him soon
Re: Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu by Mjshexy(f): 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Wonderful...So even kashamu that has refused to get close to the airport is already seeing the light, Oga this won't stop ur own case oh cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Must Support President Buhari's Anti-corruption War - Kashamu by eboraogun: 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
SPBK is not just a leader but an appointed and anointed leader. SPBK has never deem it necessary to live the party for a day UNLIKE others who called themselves leader but they are money seekers. When others fled away from the party, SPBK was the only leader remained on ground. BURUJI fought gallantly for the retention and victory of the party PDP.
Senator buruji kashamu all the way

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Group, MURIC, Demands Arrest, Prosecution Of Alleged Abductor Of Bayelsa / N5k Or Employments And Infrastructures Which One Is Preferably / President Muhammadu Buhari Receiving The Turkish President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.