Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,898 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:06 PM

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? (63941 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? / FathersDay: Woman Buys Rolls-Royce For Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by saxomo6(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Estharfabian:
Why bother?? undecided
You'd Only be stressing Your ever So precious self.

The "Husband" Is the master. The Almighty, The king. his majesty!
The "Wife"on The other hand is Nothing but A low-life being, who's leading the life of A Robot. Her sole purpose in life is to Serve her husband(Lord n Almighty) And do whatever he tells her to.
Hence, Subjugating the wife To Eternal slavery Masking in the name of "Marriage"

LoL! grin issoryt!

The way things are going. I won't get married till I'm 60! grin
#Long Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
What gave you the conviction that any man will marry you with this your crazy woman concept. You remain single till you die, girl
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by silverr(f): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
You are a man of wisdom

Our customs and norms have placed women beneath men

That's the thinking that kills marriages.
There's no resting place for the head without the neck. I'm not married yet but hope to be very soon. I know my limits as a wife but if something like this happens, and my hubby goes ahead to bring the friend, no wahala but I'll suddenly receive a call from the village and leave the house for them. Its humiliating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Just let her know and if she refuses then talk to her t see the reasons why he can stay with you guys. Hope the guy doesn't turn out to be an ex?
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Sixix: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
silverr:

That's the thinking that kills marriages.
There's no resting place for the head without the neck. I'm not married yet but hope to be very soon. I know my limits as a wife but if something like this happens, and my hubby goes ahead to bring the friend, no wahala but I'll suddenly receive a call from the village and leave the house for them. Its humiliating.

Smartsmiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Sixix: 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
sarutobie:

My thoughts exactly.. A responsible husband will tell his wife..a good wife will not say no...

A good wife can say no or yes.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Sixix: 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
linusbnn:

So sorry if you have a man like me as husband. That your father's house that you love so much, I will send you back there. I display my authority in relationships so if you dnt like it,you quit. I respect women and they must obey me whether good or bad.

Which father's house? It is a foolish woman that you would send packing not someone like me. Most of you forming hardcore usually end up with women with self esteem issues. O cnant be bothered.

Must respect mi ko, must respect mi niundecided. Pathetic loser!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Sixix: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
abdoolorunwa:

THEN SHE MUST HAVE A VERY GENUINE REASON.

Very genuine reason? I hope you will accord her the same respect when she has guests?undecided
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by silverr(f): 4:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kazrem:

Let we married men say to it.
You politely inform her but not for seeking permission but as a notice. Something like this, "Baby my friend agarawu23 is coming to town for his clearance and will be staying with us for 3days. I will like uyou to upkeep yourself and do other necessary things for him to have a good stay.

And she will reply, "Baby I forgot to tell you, my grand pa is sick again and wants to bless all his lineage in case he dies. I'll be leaving tomorrow. Its just for 1week". Sorry I'm telling you this late.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by silverr(f): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
linusbnn:

So sorry if you have a man like me as husband. That your father's house that you love so much, I will send you back there. I display my authority in relationships so if you dnt like it,you quit. I respect women and they must obey me whether good or bad.

For every Ahab, there's a Jezebel. For every Adam, there's an Eve.
U just might end up with a woman who loves being dominated. U can't marry someone like the lady u quoted. C'est la vie
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by ify84(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
igivefuck4free:

And if she refused?

The person should not come. Simple
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by agarawu23(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kazrem:

Let we married men say to it.
You politely inform her but not for seeking permission but as a notice. Something like this, "Baby my friend agarawu2 3 is coming to town for his clearance and will be staying with us for 3days. I will like uyou to upkeep yourself and do other necessary things for him to have a good stay.
lol

That's just it
You don't need permission from her
All you need is to inform her before his arrival.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by paschu: 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Estharfabian:
Why bother?? undecided
You'd Only be stressing Your ever So precious self.

The "Husband" Is the master. The Almighty, The king. his majesty!
The "Wife"on The other hand is Nothing but A low-life being, who's leading the life of A Robot. Her sole purpose in life is to Serve her husband(Lord n Almighty) And do whatever he tells her to.
Hence, Subjugating the wife To Eternal slavery Masking in the name of "Marriage"

LoL! grin issoryt!

The way things are going. I won't get married till I'm 60! grin
#Long Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

Or better still you can go and pay a man's groom price, make him your wife, and change his family name to yours.

I just don't get it. What exactly are our women turning into?

This is probably one of the evils of the so called knowledge. No wonder eve lost out the moment she got enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Evittorio: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
I think d summary of d entire argument is this- the man should inform his wife about whoever is gonna lodge in their home; on the other hand, the wife would take permission from her husband if her friend or relative is coming to their house.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Agu87(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
B
Adaeze003:
The African type marriage is just scary... sheesh...

Note that I really didn't want to quote you...

Anyhoo... you do know you're still sleeping on a pole right

It's funny how you guys carry the submission thing on your head but when someone implies that submitting to a man is master-slave you guys start looking for ways to soften it up. The man can bring in who the hell ever to stay with them but the wife must get his approval when she will be the one to basically take care of the guest? She has no say and can't object to whatever "final decision" the said husband makes? And the marriage is a union and not slavery?

Oh well... good luck to ya wife sha.

And try and wake up from that pole before you'll be forming head and end up beheading the family...
Bia Adaeze,oya receive sense like mtn service.is ur type dat can't last in a marriage for one month.submission is never slavery.Believe me,if u start locking horns with ur hubby then ur marriage is definitely going to fail.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Kondomatic(m): 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Make I help you.. Which sectional mod ban your Tallesty1 account?
They don't show name again. It reads "banned by a moderator for ............"
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by igivefuck4free(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ofornaira:
O girl this ur moniker, e get as e bio.

I be boy ooo cheesy
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pbs4real(m): 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Good for you. Enjoy it while it last grin
hmmmundecided
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pbs4real(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
silverr:

U just might end up with a woman who loves being dominated. U can't marry someone like the lady u quoted. C'est la vie
u need an iron hand to calm u dwn.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by amokeme(f): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kondomatic:
I hate what I am about to type but I kinda agree with the person you quoted and technically speaking, wives in down here are being bought which places them well below their husbands.

To begin with, a man owns the house, I mean the building they live in, most girls cannot marry a guy who doesn't own a house. The man most times pays the rent if they're staying in a rented apartment which makes it his house not their house so he can bring in whoever he wants to so far the person is not a crook.

Finally, consider what the men pass through, when you see a woman you want to marry, her family will tax you mightily and when you pay everything they asked for and pay a certain amount of bride price, they will hand the girl over to you.(isn't that business?) keep love aside please, this is pure business arrangement, you pay for their daughter before she becomes you wife.

So she was bought and cannot be equal with you.

A lot of things need to change for our women to enjoy certain privileges in their marriage.

There's this outdated mentality of some ladies that "her money is her money but her husbands money is their money" meaning that the pays almost all the bills and yet they clamour for equal rights.

It smells like nonsense.
from your comment, I guess it's all about the money so marriage to you is a business smiley
Anyways, you are very correct. I mean, if a wife wants equal right with her husband, then don't ever let him spend a kobo on you. And you will get your equal rights. It's very simple, life is simple smiley

But I have a problem with men who think their wife/girlfriend is always up to something when she refuses any financial help from him. Some say it hurts their ego. They like to say "I'm responsible for that" "I did that for her" "I bought this and that for her" and they don't feel like a man when she refuses them that prevelege, why is that so? I mean, aren't you supposed to be happy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by mummydirect(f): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
[quote author=misreal post=43399338]u r not seeking her permission,you r just informing her.[/quote
seek for her permission and not only informed her, that house belongs to her as much as to you and moreover, bulk of the work rest on her shoulder when the visitors eventually arrive, hence, you need her consent and cooperation for your guest to enjoy his stay.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by linusbnn(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
silverr:

She has to look for a man she can dominate.
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
amokeme:
from your comment, I guess it's all about the money so marriage to you is a business smiley
Anyways, you are very correct. I mean, if a wife wants equal right with her husband, then don't ever let him spend a kobo on you. And you will get your equal rights. It's very simple, life is simple smiley

But I have a problem with men who think their wife/girlfriend is always up to something when she refuses any financial help from him. Some say it hurts their ego. They like to say "I'm responsible for that" "I did that for her" "I bought this and that for her" and they don't feel like a man when she refuses them that prevelege, why is that so? I mean, aren't you supposed to be happy?

But wait ... what do you mean by " equal rights with her husband " ?
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by pinkpebbles(f): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by silverr(f): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
pbs4real:
u need an iron hand to calm u dwn.

Nigerian men mentality.

Have you ever heard the way up is down? What happened to petting?
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by linusbnn(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sixix:

Which father's house? It is a foolish woman that you would send packing not someone like me. Most of you forming hardcore usually end up with women with self esteem issues. O cnant be bothered.

Must respect mi ko, must respect mi niundecided. Pathetic loser!

Ask your mother the reason she is still with your father happily, that is if she is still with your father oooooo... mannerless gold digger
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by mummydirect(f): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
Originalsly:
Based on our African society... the husband should inform the wife. ..listen to her opinion...then make the decision. " Yes honey...thank you for reminding me we have one bedroom and one bed only...but the bed is big enough to fit all three of us. He will come...my decision is final...case closed."
then when the visitor roll on your wife and your wife rolls on the visitor in return, don't come here complaining ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by linusbnn(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Good for you. Enjoy it while it last grin

Thank you oooo, i'm even nurturing her calmness so it would continue to get better. I fancy ladies who are submissive
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by mummydirect(f): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaeze003:

AKUKO...
Nnem ezigboote storrrry ko na ko.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Sixix: 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
linusbnn:

Ask your mother the reason she is still with your father happily, that is if she is still with your father oooooo... mannerless gold digger

My mother is still with my father because he deserves ittongue

I know your type of women, the troubled ones and the loserssmiley. Egotistical loser!

Mannerless loser! House ko home ni

4 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by jashar(f): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
vfactor:
Not really seeking her approval. But getting her informed and hearing her opinion. She may just give u a side to it you may never have thought of.

In that case, since you're 'informing' the wife, are you the one that would pick up the extra load for that period?
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by Sixix: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
linusbnn:

Thank you oooo, i'm even nurturing her calmness so it would continue to get better. I fancy ladies who are submissive

Of course you do, after all you are a spineless loser! smiley
Re: Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? by amokeme(f): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But wait ... what do you mean by " equal rights with her husband " ?

didn't you read the comment I quoted? He said a woman has no say in the Matter. "Because she was bought with his money" the house she lives in is paid or bought with his money so she has no right to make any contribution or suggestions whatsoever in the HIS home. And I actually agree with him. I mean, we all know woman can never be equal to men na. Well I know women can never be equally to men. And for the women who wants to be equal to a man, they shouldn't allow a man they intend getting married to spend 1 naira on them and when they get married, all expenses should be split equally. That way she have every right as the man in the house. If you read the comment I quoted very well, then you will understand my post

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Difference Between First Name, Middle Name And Last Name. / My Husband Is Too Jealous / Making Love & Raising A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.