Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,890 members, 7,872,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency (753 Views)

Buhari Requests N157.75bn To Hire Additional 350,000 Graduates - Presidency / Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Jobseeker’s Allowance -presidency / FG Confirms Payment Of N5000 Stipend To Unemployed Youth Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by adaimo(f): 11:50pm On Feb 29, 2016

By Levinus Nwabughiogu ABUJA

The presidency has said that president Muhammadu Buhari never at any point during his 2015 presidential campaign made a promise of paying N5, 000 monthly stipend to the unemployed graduates in the country.

It however stated that there was a provision of half a trillion Naira in the 2016 budget which was mapped out to execute six social safety net programmes. According to the presidency, one of the programmes was a conditional cash transfer where the federal government would pay N5,000 monthly to the vulnerable and extremely poor Nigerians. our5kGiving clarification to the matter which had become controversial following president Buhari’s reversal of the promise, the media aide to the Vice President, Mr. Laolu Akande who spoke to State House Correspondents in Abuja on Monday, stated that the payment of N5, 000 to the less privileged contained in the budget would be implemented.

Akande also stated that about of 500,000 graduates who would be integrated into the teaching system would be paid N5, 000 token while on training. His words: “The budget for 2016 which has been submitted to the National Assembly has made an allocation of half a trillion naira, the first time in the history of this country’s budget where you have that huge chunk of money allocated for social investment. There are six social safety net programmes. One of them is the conditional cash transfer where government is going to pay N5, 000 monthly to the vulnerable and extremely poor Nigerians.

That promise stands. “The President never promised to pay unemployed graduates N5, 000; the President never made that promise and the government never made that claim that it will pay N5, 000 to unemployed graduates. The programme for unemployed graduates is the direct creation of half a million teaching jobs so that they will be trained; 500, 000 unemployed graduates will be trained to teach and they will be deployed to teach, while they are looking for their career paths or jobs.

That still stands! “In addition to that, there is also a scheme to train 370, 000 non-graduate youth for skill acquisition and vocational training. During the time of that training, they will also be paid. “So the President did not say that he would be giving unemployed graduates N5, 000. The N5, 000 monthly stipends which is already in the budget is for the vulnerable Nigerians and the extremely poor. Once the budget is okay , one million extremely poor Nigerians will receive N5, 000 monthly.”

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/buhari-never-promised-n5000-stipends-during-campaign-presidency/
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by adaimo(f): 11:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
angry angry angry angry HOW I FEEL
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by adegunwa4real(m): 11:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Even their mouth is changing! "Change affecting everywhere"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by debeo: 11:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Abra ka da bra.

The more u look...
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by blazincruz(m): 11:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Shame:Worship leader releases video of herself, married pastor having 36x in PH

A top pastor in Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, is currently running from pillar to post to clear his name as well as keep his church members after his church's Praise and Worship leader went on the social media to release very graphic photos of the two of them having 3ex in different hotels, and even in his matrimonial home.

It was gathered that the girl got angry when the randy pastor who is said to have slept almost all the ladies in his church, dumped her after she got pregnant and refused to go for yet another abortion.

While the war between the secret lovers was raging, the pastor allegedly removed the girl as the Praise and Worship leader, labeling her as being possessed with an evil spirit.

The repercussion is what he never expected as the girl carried her threat of destroying not only him, but his church and marriage.

watch the video below

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by poshestmina(f): 11:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by nicedas(m): 12:01am On Mar 01, 2016
abeg help me tell d gala,biscuit,mineral ignorant hawkers wt misplaced priorities to stop all these defamation and slander for dia own good...if u need loan for ur biscuit hawkers u can visit d bank most close to u. history is always bound to repeat its self, hausa and yoruba, this two allies will continue leading this country to its promise land #TheHausaBoy
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Khd95(m): 12:05am On Mar 01, 2016
Pa buhari gaan sev nor be graduate,so he is entitled to 5k/mnthgrincheesy
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Olril18(m): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2016
end time government
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by benzics(m): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2016
These people are the most unstable creature on planet earth
If I dey lie...just follow their line of thought !
Example:

Buhari :
my government will pay unemployed Nigerians 5k every month.

Zombies:
sai Baba... change is here..Nigeria will rise again!
Buhari:
I never promised to pay unemployed Nigerians 5k each month.
Zombies:
No mind those Jonathanians. With their fake news. Show us links where he promised that. We are solidly behind you. Nothing for yam eaters
Buhari :
We have started collection of data to enable us pay the unemployed graduates 5k.
Zombies :
Where are those TANoids that said Baba is not a promise keeper...shame on all PDP. Baba till 2023 !
Buhari:
I wont pay 5k to unemployed youths. Its not a priority !
Zombies:
Baba is right! Whats the use of 5k? What can 5k do to anyone. Mr president we love u. Best president ever!
I wont be surprised if I wake up tomorrow and hear :
Buhari:
Unemployed Nigerians should pay 5k every month to the government.
His idiotic zombies will be like:
Zombies:
Think of what u can do for your country and not what your country can do for you. Baba is right. But I know those unpatriotic wailers wont pay
Abeg no vex o. Is this thing ordinary?

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by benzics(m): 12:18am On Mar 01, 2016
Lalasticlala oh!
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Justicealh3(m): 12:22am On Mar 01, 2016
Expecters did u hear
Endless promise.
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by LMFashions: 12:27am On Mar 01, 2016
Of course we know the part of the country where the extremely poor can be found, North. So the bulk of the cash is going there.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by kilokeys(m): 12:34am On Mar 01, 2016
Mehn..
7 days in this country makes one weak

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by ellechrystal(f): 12:37am On Mar 01, 2016
Why are these people so unstable n confused? Could it be a brain problem or just mere deceit n arrant wickedness? I bow o. I knew they would come out to deny it again. Silly lots
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by nicedas(m): 12:46am On Mar 01, 2016
kilokeys:
Mehn..
7 days in this country makes one weak
Hmmmmm just imagine d number of weeks we have in a year, r u sure u can mk it?
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by kilokeys(m): 12:49am On Mar 01, 2016
nicedas:
Hmmmmm just imagine d number of weeks we have in a year, r u sure u can mk it?

It's my heart's desire to leave the shores of this hell hole before the next 52 weeks elapses. Don't worry ill keep reading ur rants on NL
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Adonis3: 12:56am On Mar 01, 2016
benzics:
Example:
Buhari :
Zombies:
Buhari:
Zombies:
No mind those Jonathanians. With their fake news. Show us links where he promised that. We are solidly behind you. Nothing for yam eaters
Buhari :
We have started collection of data to enable us pay the unemployed graduates 5k.
Zombies :
Where are those TANoids that said Baba is not a promise keeper...shame on all PDP. Baba till 2023 !
Buhari:
Zombies:
Baba is right! Whats the use of 5k? What can 5k do to anyone. Mr president we love u. Best president ever!
Buhari:
Zombies:
Think of what u can do for your country and not what your country can do for you. Baba is right. But I know those unpatriotic wailers wont pay

spot on!

#Adonis3HasSopken

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Sammyashol(m): 1:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Happy newmonth guys.
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Yello1(m): 1:05am On Mar 01, 2016
Yes we knw nw dt he didnt even promise anything and we are not expecting anything frm him too. Na God hand we dey nww.hapi new month
Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by richeso: 1:56am On Mar 01, 2016
benzics:
Example:

Buhari :

Zombies:
Buhari:
Zombies:
Buhari :
Zombies :
Buhari:
Zombies:
Buhari:
Zombies:

YOU SAID IT ALL. nothing remain make i talk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Stipend To Unemployed Graduates— Presidency by Mynd44: 5:35am On Mar 01, 2016

(1)

How Nigeria BETRAYED Mandela Courtesy Of Gen. ABACHA / Top 10 Happiest Nations- UN 2016 Report / I Have No Presidential Ambition, Says Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.