Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,058 members, 7,946,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are (4250 Views)

"Tompolo Flees To Libya, We Will Get Him Dead Or Alive" - Militants / Calabar Bombings: Those Calling For War Are Insincere / We Hope, Pray And Wish That Buhari Will Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by malton: 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
We don't want the same for Nigeria!
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
You can't force a region to be part of a country they never agreed to join. It was a union enforced by the greed, shortsighted and adventurous colonial masters who did whatever advance thier political and economic will.

Not taking sides nevertheless, no region is profiting more than the Noth in the contraption called Nigeria. Only with true federalism where economic power is decentralized, and each region decides thier destiny can there be any true progress in this country. Ever wonder why economic and political solutions always defy logic when it comes to Nigeria? It's because we were never a country in the beginning. Just a combination of different ethnicity with each region fighting for supremacy.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
[s]
Litmus:
New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/libya-isis-hillary-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Just look at what they did to Libya! How i wish that people who argue for war don't disappear when the repercussion of what they wish turns out disastrous. World leaders such as Nicolas Sarkozy, David "pudding-mouth" Cameron and Obama all live to bear the consequences of their actions but all the vocal political pundits and annoying civilians whose support for war emboldens the politicians always disappear. Do you guys recall the arguments before the West lunched their war of liberation against Qaddafi's Libya? No one would listen to those of us who, informed by Iraq, foresaw what would happen in Libya. I recall UK Libyans appearing on TV ranting that the war against Libya was necessary and that those that argued against it were either ignoramuses or traitors to the democratic aspirations of Libya. One Libyan woman ranted so much on LBC radio even to the extent of wailing and crying about her love for Sarkozy, Cameron and Obama, she was going to go to Libya herself and join the coalition against Qaddafi if her fellow exiled Libyan men were to cowardly. I was so angry listening to these people i nearly dashed my radio against the wall. Well, five years later, look at Libya. Where are all those ordinary people calling for war??

The same type of people are now calling for Biafra war. When people start dying -if such a war should occur - these types of people simply withdraw and become as anonymous as shadows. How i wish that statues be made of the most vocal advocates of war for posterity. How i wish such people are brought back to endures the shame.
[/s]Equating a peaceful agitation for war is another a way trying to paint a dog bad to hang it. You're no different from those who once called the American civil rights movement of the 50's as communist or the anti-apartheied agitators like Nelson Mandela as terrorists. Solve the problem and the agitation will die a natural death. But suppress the problem then you breed a monster.

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Is Unhappy With BUHARI - Northern Supremacist Ango Abdullahi / Nkwelle Urbanization In Picture / Biafra Shall Arise. Biafra Is Our Destination - Onyeka Onwenu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.