Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,129 members, 7,900,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:20 AM

‘how I Was Booed Off Stage’ – Nigerian Comedian, Funnybone Recounts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘how I Was Booed Off Stage’ – Nigerian Comedian, Funnybone Recounts (609 Views)

Comedian Funnybone And Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Throwback Photo / 2face, Tboss, Kemen, Efe, Bassey Stun At Comedian Funnybone Show (Photos) / Comedian Mr. Jollof Booed Off Stage At Funnybone's Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘how I Was Booed Off Stage’ – Nigerian Comedian, Funnybone Recounts by Erave: 10:30am On Mar 01, 2016
Fresh from the successful staging of the inaugural edition of his music cum comedy concert, ‘FunnyBone Untamed’, comic act, Stanley Chibuna better known as FunnyBone is one of Nigeria’s finest comedians who has shared stage with most of the top dogs in the comedy business.
In a recent chat with ERAVE, the comic act opened up on his most embarrassing moment while on stage, his fashion sense, among other issues.
On his most embarrassing moment: During my University days, I was cracking a joke and the audience were not laughing. They eventual booed me off stage and I felt very embarrassed. Things like that happens when doing stand-up comedy but I know well know. I don’t allow that weigh me down.
On cracking a dry joke: It is normal. it is either the audience is more than the joke or the other way round but the best way to go about it is don’t let it affect your performance. You have to work harder to improve your craft so you can get better. I don’t let things like that make me feel bad. I keep pushing, and trust me it helps me in a lot of ways. The most important thing is to understand the audience which is what makes the job easy to do.
On what inspires his fashion: I do casual and I don’t go for things that I cannot explain. I fear colors a lot which is why I don’t do colors. I don’t know where they are from and I like going simple. I love to get complimented for wearing something good because I don’t want to make a fashion blunder.
On his greatest philosophy of life: My motto and what works for me is, ‘a man without a creative mind is like a man without a future’. So in any thing you do, try to be creative, try to be fresh, and create an exception because that will keep you in business. Doing something unique will keep you fresh, keeps you going, helps you stand the test of time, and also keep you innovative... read more here: http://eraveng.com/2016/02/29/how-i-was-booed-off-stage-nigerian-comedian-funnybone-recounts/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News - Ace Nigerian Music Artiste -nomoreloss Is Dead / Davido: Super Star Under Fire Over Confederate Flag Jacket(photos) / Tiwa Savage Vs Yemi Alade: Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Music Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.