Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,447 members, 7,934,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 07:33 AM

Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model (1257 Views)

See The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Configurator Valued At 14.3million Naira / The 2018 Lincoln Aviator Is Indeed A Luxury SUV (photos) / My Prospective 2009 Lincoln MKX. Can I Maintain It Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by sachi77(m): 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hello good people,
Please your advice is most needed. I'm at the verge of acquiring a Lincoln MKX 2007/2008 model as shown in the attached pix. But am pretty scared of its reliability, maintenance, performance and availability of spare parts & accessories especially the front/rear lamps. Kindly avail me your advice to enable me make decision. Find attached pix.

Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by peterjero(m): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
Are you sure it's MDX or MKX, well back to your question it's as reliable as ford edge it's first cousin the Lincoln is a bit more luxurious but the same engine. So if you get a good bargain go for it.
Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by sachi77(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hello Peterjero.
Many thanks for your swift response. My mistakes - it's actually MKX. But I really want to confirm if parts like the lamps & bumpers are readily available as these are highly prone to accidents due to poor motorist behaviour. Also, am getting it at 3.5M. Please confirm if the price is okay.
Once again many thanks.
Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by peterjero(m): 12:01am On Mar 02, 2016
Truth be told they aren't readily available but you can get a sexy iron guard for the front and rear end of this beauty. The headlight is an adaptive one that moves with the steering, I don't know how reliable it is but you are getting a good deal.
Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by sultaan(m): 4:34am On Mar 02, 2016
You are offered a MKX @ $10k
Car prices will rise very to the current market rate of the dollar so If you look at the cost of that car, plus duty you have a good deal.

It is the luxurious version of the Ford Edge like Lexus and Highlander.

This MKX is what you can compare with a RX350, they compete in the same category.

If you were to look at this truck and compare it to a Toyota Highlander will it be a fair comparison?

The parts are the same as the Ford Edges you see on the road except trims but are you looking to run into people, you can always ship parts in like for every car out there.

To make your mind ease up your car will not be stolen by thieves
Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
Now that's a beautiful car. That grill,unique tail light,adaptive headlights,cooled front seats and 8.4inches of ground clearance just makes it worth buying. There is no doubt you will stand out when driving this hefty piece of metal. I personally think its a bold step owning something not so...common,and since you're in lagos,shipping of parts shouldn't be that big of a deal. The problem is you might not get them as at the exact time you need them. Now, this is a 2007,first year of production. This in my words is like an experiment that gets perfected with each passing year. The fuel economy is poor compared to those of the latter years,the breaking distance is also not so good(unless you've test driven and don't mind) and for 3.5m? You can get yourself a 2009 Ford
edge with that. The only edge the mkx has over the EDGE is the cooled front seats, its basically an over glorified edge.
With the edge( which is gradually becoming a bit familiar to Nigerians) ,u get slightly improved fuel economy,improved brakes et cetera. Its reliable so long as u use the required engine and transmission fluid. I really love the MKX but recent is better for me,and which ever you end up with,I wish u the best.

1 Like

Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by sachi77(m): 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
@ Danny: thanks for that piece of thought. Standing out is a catch here as well as the ecstasy of cruising a beauty of this breed. Sitting behind the wheels for a test drive was quite an awesome experience. For sure I'll do more survey before taking a decision. Thanks once again.

@ Sultan: from your advice no doubt you've got lots of swag & don't mind flaunting it if occasion arise. Am on the same lane with you. plenty thanks for your contributions.
Re: Reliability, Maintenance & Availabilty Of Accesories For Lincoln MKX 2007 Model by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Honda Odyssey Engine Constructed In An Honda Accord 2003 V6 / ABS Replacement (mercedes Benz E320 2005) / What Car Do I Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.