Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,319 members, 7,881,174 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:50 PM

How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash (14086 Views)

Lady Swindled After Purported Removal Of Cowry From Her Private / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 / Lady Murdered By Fiance In Ebonyi Who Committed Suicide Swindled 3 Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by amzee(m): 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God for you oo.

In that case pay a token amount into my acc number make I use am help you thank God wella.

Abi Nairalanders how una see am?
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by klassykute(m): 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
gabazin080:
KIDS EVERYWHERE.

do u get paid for having your comments on Fp
am in a good mood dis nyt so i will act like u said GOOD EVENING ...

nd my reply is .. eveni bross hope ur good? bless u

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by lereinter(m): 9:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
gabazin080:
God saved you.

You could have been scammed just like Buhari scammed this nation
pls do a scan for your brain

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by scaler345: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
ifenes:
Isn't the christian god responsible for the good and bad things that happens to Christians?
You are probably right.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Marriott1980(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
Lol....I have been waiting for a day someone will bring this issue up. This same thing haooened to me in front of Airport hotel in ikeja in 2011. i went there to change some pounds and i was already told where to go by my sister who sent me but as soon as i came down from the bike, two men approached me and said do i wanna change money and my reply was yes, i said how much was their rate and they gave me 20 naira more than what i was going to change it in the hotel.

I tot i made a good deal and when the guy counted the money and gave it to me, i counted 98 and the guy said ok bring it let me count again. i gave it to him, i noticed when he got to 15 he paused the continued again not knowing he has used his fingers to seperate the money at that point. After counting he said oh sorry its 98 and gave me 2 pieces of #1000 naira note, stupid me i didnt recount, i just put the money in my pocket and gave them the pounds. They even stopped a bike for me that took me back to 7up bus stop.

I got to my sisters house, gave her the money and in my presence she counted 85...it was as if Karl Drogo just slapped me, i was dazed. took the money from her and counted again and it was still 85....i wanted to faint.
If i had a gun that day ehn, i would have done a drive by yankee style and just shoot everybody in that place. Time actually heal wounds cos now i can just remember that day and all i do i smile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by coalcoal1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
good
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
kennysteve77:
Fellow NL, I'm glad that I'm sharing this experience with joy because they did not succeed. As a Web Developer, I developed a business website and the client was satisfied and decided to pay me in dollars. I called a BDC operator who I once did business with and he told me he would buy at N295 per dollar. I also called a friend who gave me another person's number and that one told me he would buy at N314 which I later negotiated to N319. This guy is a lawyer who operates his Forex business inside an office at the Lagos Airport Hotel. On getting to the entrance, I met many other agents and I decided to find out the going rate. One agreed to buy at N340. I was very happy and told him I had $500. He immediately calculated it to be N170,000 and brought out a bail of N1000 notes and also signaled to a colleague for the balance of N70,000. He counted the N100,000 while I watched and he gave to me. I counted AGAIN and noticed it was N99,000. The first pointer to me was that as slow as I was while counting the N100,000 given to me, he did not finish counting the remaining N70,000. He was questionably slow and pretended not to be looking at me while I was counting. Immediately I told him one was missing, he collected the whole bunch from me and decided to count again. He also counted 99 and then collected N1,000 from his friend and added it to the 99 notes he already counted. He handed it to me and asked me to put it inside my pocket. Surprisingly, his friend re-echoed it so I decided to count again because I could feel that the bulk had been halved. Behold, as I started counting, one of them just snatched the whole bunch from me saying he needed to return it to the bank that gave them incomplete notes. Then I confirmed my suspicion and took to my heels. They followed me begging that they would bring a different bail but I kept walking away. I then returned to my gentle self and called the one inside the office who actually invited me before covetousness decided to take over. Though I changed it at N319 per dollar, I'm very happy that some hoodlums are not drinking beer and eating cowtail at an Ashewo joint with my money this evening...
u sef, u tank God say greedines no take over else person for dy use ur hard earned cash take flex back to back gon
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by bigtt76(f): 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
That's what they do at the Airport o! Beware of those coming at you with ridiculous rates. They will count the money less to you
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
kennysteve77:
Fellow NL, I'm glad that I'm sharing this experience with joy because they did not succeed. As a Web Developer, I developed a business website and the client was satisfied and decided to pay me in dollars. I called a BDC operator who I once did business with and he told me he would buy at N295 per dollar. I also called a friend who gave me another person's number and that one told me he would buy at N314 which I later negotiated to N319. This guy is a lawyer who operates his Forex business inside an office at the Lagos Airport Hotel. On getting to the entrance, I met many other agents and I decided to find out the going rate. One agreed to buy at N340. I was very happy and told him I had $500. He immediately calculated it to be N170,000 and brought out a bail of N1000 notes and also signaled to a colleague for the balance of N70,000. He counted the N100,000 while I watched and he gave to me. I counted AGAIN and noticed it was N99,000. The first pointer to me was that as slow as I was while counting the N100,000 given to me, he did not finish counting the remaining N70,000. He was questionably slow and pretended not to be looking at me while I was counting. Immediately I told him one was missing, he collected the whole bunch from me and decided to count again. He also counted 99 and then collected N1,000 from his friend and added it to the 99 notes he already counted. He handed it to me and asked me to put it inside my pocket. Surprisingly, his friend re-echoed it so I decided to count again because I could feel that the bulk had been halved. Behold, as I started counting, one of them just snatched the whole bunch from me saying he needed to return it to the bank that gave them incomplete notes. Then I confirmed my suspicion and took to my heels. They followed me begging that they would bring a different bail but I kept walking away. I then returned to my gentle self and called the one inside the office who actually invited me before covetousness decided to take over. Though I changed it at N319 per dollar, I'm very happy that some hoodlums are not drinking beer and eating cowtail at an Ashewo joint with my money this evening...

This shii happened to me in 2009 in Benin Republic hehehehe... exactly the same modus operandi!!
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by erico2k2(m): 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
kennysteve77:
Lucky xcape
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Chinom(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Well known trick in that axis. From Alade market, through Allen junction to Airport hotel. Only a JJC to those areas will fall for their tricks.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Lexusgs430: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
God did not save you, you saved yourself by applying commonsense, eventually!!!!
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by ManTiger(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
kennysteve77:

S M A R T.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by folahann(m): 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
This same thing happened to me at MMIA in either 2009 or 2010. After the guy had left, I decided to count again that when I realised the money wasn't complete. I began to search around for the man to no avail until one airport security told me that's how they operate.

Up till today, I still don't know how he did it. The money was short of 2 notes initially, he recounted it and added the remaining 2.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by poseidon12: 1:08am On Mar 02, 2016
You should never patronize those guys standing on the road hustling for customers. Most of them are crooks. And to entice you, they would offer you mouth watering rates. Always patronize the ones operating from an office.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by princeFAD: 6:00am On Mar 02, 2016
I had the same experience at allen avenue. Those guys removed 16k from 32k without noticing in the name of recount. When i noticed it, they were nowhwre to be found again
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by seangy4konji: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2016
Na baba God save you....
kennysteve77:
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by fxstory(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2016
haha, try and make friend with the trusted ones so you can always carry out transaction with them often. That is how it should be. All those miscrant standing at the entrance are looking for their own pocket.

Also you need to act sharp in front of them. Don't dull yourself when doing business with them because they might play a fast one on you

a word of advice for every one, always take a snapshot of your dollar, especially where the numbers are displayed because some of the abo-ki will change it to fake one for you if you are not sharp. Don't give any abo-ki your dollars if he has not with cash to pay

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by hob(m): 10:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Thank God 4u
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Saraha1(f): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2016
kennysteve77:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Shot Dead By Mobile Policemen In Shiroro LGA, Niger State / Béninoise Police Detain 50 Nigerian Students, Parents Claim / Watch Maria Camila Villalba Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.