Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score (31167 Views)

My Jamb Results :i'm Crying / See My Jamb Result (screenshot) / Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by JuicyGee(f): 11:15am On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:
i wrote my jamb 29th, i was so disappointed in my self. i never knew i could score as low as 188 out of 400 marks. i feel bad and disappointed in my self. i have loved to study optometry,

what can i study with this low mark?

which university will welcome me?

gasp; despirited
Op don't give up.. I scored 114 in my first jamb because i wasnt serious. I put more effort the next time, i got 215 and i tried harder again, read every single thing i had to, and finally scored 241. Now i'm in skul studying Law.

My cousin wrote jamb for five years and finally got admission. Just don't give up on ur dreams,.
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by tosyne2much(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2016
Afrok:
thanks boss... that's just the simple problem most university applicants face, they think failing jamb signifies the end of their dreams of been a university graduate. I can't stop thanking God for making me pass through a polytechnic, i mean when I put the poly and uni experiences side by side I just smile and say, it was worth it.
Nice one bro

Bro, I stayed at home for nearly 4 years battling with admission.. Why? I was bent on attending the university against all odds.. The first time I was offered admission in the polytechnic, I declined it because my friends were all in the university.

If not for a dude (a graduate) that sat me down and gave me proper orientation about life. However, he advised me to go to the polytechnic and later cross after my ND..

Wrote JAMB the following year, the universities I chose still failed me after which I opted for a polytechnic hoping that after my ND, I would go in pursuit of Bsc

After my ND, I never had the previlege to cross and I opted for HND. At least I thank God I'm now in my finals rounding off

Moral lesson : we have different race to run in life. Choose what to do with your life, not what people are doing or what people want you to do

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by tosyne2much(m): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2016
JuicyGee:

Op don't give up.. I scored 114 in my first jamb because i wasnt serious. I put more effort the next time, i got 215 and i tried harder again, read every single thing i had to, and finally scored 241. Now i'm in skul studying Law.

My cousin wrote jamb for five years and finally got admission. Just don't give up on ur dreams,.
Good testimony you've got.. May God see you through in your academics

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by opeyehmmy(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2016
OP, you can still put in more effort if you dnt want to settle for less... Myself as an example, i wrote JAMB 5 times & throughout criticisms arose internally & externally, if you know wat i mean. Also, among all, my least score was 209 but i had an opportunity to go to Polytechnic or College of Education but i refused & opted to still attend federal university, so, i braced myself up & sat for my 5th JAMB. Luckily, i was admitted into A.B.U, Zaria with 265. The funniest part was that, i kept on picking the same course (ACCOUNTANCY) & same Institution(A.B.U) all through the 5 sittings but within those years, i applied for Diploma in Acctn. which i did for 2yrs successfully & i humbly applied for Direct Entry but still, i was denied admission, then went to sit for the 5th JAMB.
Here i am nw, i'm currently in my Final year. Its been God all the way, with relentless effort, determination & focus.
One thing in Life is to thank God for each stage or position you are bearing it in mind that there are some below you & there are some above you regardless of the age or capacity.
My advice to u is to know urself in terms of ur capability & make a choice, either to sit for another JAMB, proceed to a lower level institution, then try to forge ahead from there to the University with your current result & be focused.
I'm sure it shall be well.
In every problematic situation, there is always a way out except if u fail to fashion the way out.
Remember, ur case is better than that of some people.
Above all, thank God for life & sound health.
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by mariamadenle(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2016
Macxi:
please i have got 157 in my jamb n i head a rumor dat jamb is adding 40marks i recheck again but still the same thing pls what do i do now am getting too much worried.

I think you should have 100 in your Ingilisi anything less means JAMB is bias
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by ylaa(f): 12:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
u need to jamb urself inside and study harder.
don't see yourself as a failure or disappointment.
cheers
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by mariamadenle(m): 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Me too..

How is it possible to score 87/400 angry

Can I gain admission to Polytechnic with this score?

Can I ask JAMB for a re-mark?

What do I do please?

to your last question; Wait till next jamb is out and reapply, make sure you start your preparation now

All the best
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by MadCow1: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
mariamadenle:

to your last question; Wait till next jamb is out and reapply, make sure you start your preparation now

All the best

My Father will disown me if I dont pass this JAMB after 6 years.
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by deefrosh: 12:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
Abajosax007:
Keep your hopes up bro, i had 189 in 2013 and the hope of studying engineering seemed to have ended but i gained admission and currently in 300lvl. Trust the Lord bro

Into which uni?
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Eww...y'all are pathetic mentioning polytechnic because dude had a low score..what tha*** y'all need to change ur orientation...I know a polytechnic where u study up until ur doctoral/professor level..I don't understand how u v all made a polytechnic synonymous with a low jamb score..i know some of my friends who got d uni without writing jamb back in d day...nuf said though
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by IamPflow(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:
i wrote my jamb 29th, i was so disappointed in my self. i never knew i could score as low as 188 out of 400 marks. i feel bad and disappointed in my self. i have loved to study optometry,

gasp; despirited
university of Maiduguri will wlc u whole heartedly
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Johnny19: 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:
hmmm, but this is the second times of writting jamb, just tired of low marks.
brother did u just say 2nd... i knw a guy who now has a JAMB inscribed BELT dis is his 7th attempt tho
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by gannycute: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:

gasp; despirited
all is well. Most state universities takes 180 as cut off mark. Please were u given calculator? And what was the percentage of theoretical questions to calculation in physics and chemistry
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by EEZe(m): 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
lonelydora:
Why won't you score low when you are always on Nairaland? Meanwhile, don't loose hope a polytechnic will admit you.
grin so na nairaland cus am

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by demzey(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
Bro don't be sad, d Ist two tyms I wrote jamb, I had 200+ n got no admissionion. D las tym I wrote, I had 186, n got admission into AKSU to read marine biology den bt currently reading economics 300l, ders ntn He Cnt do
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
deefrosh:

Into which uni?
AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY Zaria, kaduna state
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by cynacob30: 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Macxi:
please i have got 157 in my jamb n i head a rumor dat jamb is adding 40marks i recheck again but still the same thing pls what do i do now am getting too much worried.

I have a girl who sat for the jamb cbt exam two days ago, I mean 29-02-2016 she was sent a text message from jamb that her score was 169. I personally talked to her to encourage herself in God but it seems am a fool. All to the glory of God when we decided to check the print out from jamb she saw 209.

Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Tlake(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
why worry about jamb ,get admission into the best universities in Benin republic ,
waec, neco or nabteb ,passport, testimonial, birth certificate all you need
affordable fees ,24hr power supply , learn French and lots more u can contact me on what's app +2348063530194. +22967083208 bbm_591DC2BA... u can also visit our office at 2 adekunle street oshodi or visit www.cfalandz.com
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Blessingbenson(f): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
Bro its not d end of life . study hard nd re seat . Don't rush into poly
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Fedric(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
Larryfly:

That must have been an oversight from JAMB, How could they have given you such a high score with this your terrible English. Go back to secondary School pls
go find life
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by sladimeji(m): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
sladimeji:

chill bro... there are worse things in life...thank God for the score...polytechnic is an option
bro go n recheck rite nao they are adding 40marks
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Fedric(m): 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
sladimeji:
bro go n recheck rite nao they are adding 40marks
i checked it online yesterday, thanks
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by sladimeji(m): 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:
any update
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by gannycute: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:
please reply my message. Were u given calculator? And whats was the %ratio of theoretical questions to calculation question in chemistry and physic. Please any other person that wrote the jamb should help. Thanks
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Fedric(m): 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
gannycute:
please reply my message. Were u given calculator? And whats was the %ratio of theoretical questions to calculation question in chemistry and physic. Please any other person that wrote the jamb should help. Thanks
no calculator, but u are free to use system calculator, calculation is 30%.
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by gannycute: 9:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
Fedric:
no calculator, but u are free to use system calculator, calculation is 30%.
wow, just 30%, they tried. Thanks. Is the register and comprehension passage the same with those that wrote earlier or they changed the whole question
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
Abajosax007:
Keep your hopes up bro, i had 189 in 2013 and the hope of studying engineering seemed to have ended but i gained admission and currently in 300lvl. Trust the Lord bro
which uni brother my case is similar
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
stephenmorris:
which uni brother my case is similar
AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY Zaria kaduna state
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by KoyZ(m): 2:44am On Mar 03, 2016
There are unis that accept 180 bro.
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by Fedric(m): 6:44am On Mar 03, 2016
gannycute:
wow, just 30%, they tried. Thanks. Is the register and comprehension passage the same with those that wrote earlier or they changed the whole question
all the questions are d same,
Re: I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score by obynaDmob(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2016
zerozeroseven:

Five schools are currently running the Optometry programme. UNIBEN, FUTO, ABSU, IMSU, Madonna (Private).
Im quite sure Madonna would accept you with 188 but the cost would be on the high side being a private uni.
Not sure of the state universities though
For UNIBEN, its a big NO.
You can also find out the recommended score for FUTO.

Wishing you the best bro.

Unilorin just started the program now and i think they permit the cut off of about 180..so does imsu . If u really want to study Optometry then dnt settle for less..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adeyemi College Of Education Ondo Adminssions Cut Off Marks And Adminssion List / Meet Michael Arimanwa, Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri / My NECO GCE Result Without Any Expo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.