Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,810 members, 7,889,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Fate Of UNN After Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fate Of UNN After Biafra (928 Views)

We Will Create Oduduwa Republic 6mths After Biafra Is Created- FFK / What Nigerdelta Would Be Like After Biafra / Dear Biafrans What Next After Biafra? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate Of UNN After Biafra by Talk2bryant(m): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
I was following the proceedings of the 45th convocation ceremony of The University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) on twitter, and the appointment of the ooni ife as the Chancellor of the university.
A thought came to mind, if Nigeria disintegrates as a result of the Biafra strive for Independence.‎

1. The school is located in the eastern part of Nigeria,which would be part of the Biafra republic, ‎would the name of the school change since its no longer part of Nigeria, or say there is no country bearing Nigeria again since the disintegration of the regions that formed Nigeria. 

2. If the Hausa and Yoruba people decides to continue to live together as Nigerians, what would be the fate of the University? Can the new Nigeria claim the University? What would be the fate of the graduates since their certificates bears UNN.

Feel free to add other issues that may arise  ‎
Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by eleko1: 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Forget it.There's nothing like BIAFRA.Dnt mind those miscreants protesting.Face ur study cool,dnt allow those useless touts to confuse u
Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by Talk2bryant(m): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
eleko1:
Forget it.There's nothing like BIAFRA.Dnt mind those miscreants protesting.Face ur study cool,dnt allow those useless touts to confuse u
I'm not a student of the school, im just a concerned citizen
Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by odimbannamdi(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nwanne, Nigeria is not splitting up, okay?
Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by Mynd419: 11:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Zombies romancing all over the thread...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by Flexherbal(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
It truly calls for concern.
Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by highpriest4: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
You follow write jamb?

What do u think would hand to Nnamdi azikiwe airport in abuja?
Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by nicedas(m): 12:00am On Mar 02, 2016
am a Muslim frm kogi state, I skul in unn, some stupid students call it university of biafra nsukka. I have just two years to roundup. just lk d party ncnc connotation was changed, that's how it will happen.

1 Like

Re: Fate Of UNN After Biafra by cheruv: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2016
nicedas:
am a Muslim frm kogi state, I skul in unn, some stupid students call it university of biafra nsukka. I have just two years to roundup. just lk d party ncnc connotation was changed, that's how it will happen.
The school was built solely from the coffers of the Eastern region in 1960. Now this was a time when the economy of the Eastern region was solely on palm oil and coal that's gotten exclusively from Igboland.
The school was built to cater for students from the old Eastern region, Anioma and the igala and idoma areas of old Benue state, that's why zik ordered that it be specifically sited at Nsuka.
Though I don't givva damn whether Nigeria breaks or not, if shit hits the fan...the nomenclature would change from UNN to UBN[MBN if you're to go Igbotski wink ]
So OP,you're right the name would change cool

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Troops Kill Boko Haram Members; Clear Their Camps In Dure / The Major REASON Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Not Be Probed / Where Is The Change You Promised Nigerians-donald Trump To Buhari And Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.