Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:47 AM

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje (18846 Views)

Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike / How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard / Ekiti State LG Election To Be Held On 19th Dec 2015 - Gov Ayo Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by kahal29: 6:01am On Mar 02, 2016
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, says the last general election turned him into a debtor.

Agbaje, who addressed party members at the PDP’s secretariat in Lagos on Tuesday, insisted that he won the governorship election.

The programme was organised ahead of the party’s forthcoming congresses and national convention.

The PDP governorship candidate, who spoke in pidgin English, however, said that despite the loss of the party in the last general elections, members of the party should shun bitterness and work to rebuild the party.

He said, “Some members were annoyed because the monies meant for the elections were not given to them to prosecute the last polls. I am angry too because the PDP won the last election in the state but was denied victory. I finish election, na gbese, I carry for head.”

In his remarks, a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Bode George, attributed the defeat of the party in the last general elections to a former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro.

The PDP chieftain, who lamented that indiscipline had been a major problem of the party, said the party would not tolerate factions under any guise because they were dividing the party.

George said, “Our victory was scuttled by evil characters who preferred the narrow position of the ministerial office than the collective esteem and honour of winning the governorship election in Lagos State.

“We were defeated by the agent provocateurs within our ranks. We were defeated by political renegades who merely invested in their own greedy and selfish interests.

“This cannot continue. Nobody is above the constitution of the party. We must either strictly adhere to the normative pattern of the party rules or we ship out. There will be no exemptions.

“The party is supreme. Enough of all these so-called groupings. Groupings do not build a healthy and strong national party. It is parochial and destructive.”

A former Minister of Works, Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, urged members of the party to go back to their various wards to start rebuilding the party.

He said the forthcoming congresses would promote legitimacy, adding that imposition of candidates would not be tolerated.

http://www.punchng.com/2015-election-turned-me-into-a-debtor-agbaje/

1 Share

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by DjAndroid: 6:03am On Mar 02, 2016
If you had won , na to use Lagos money settle the debt. You fit even use billions of naira create a blog for your govt.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by hungryboy(m): 6:04am On Mar 02, 2016
Who send am?

8 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by dammytosh: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2016
Liar.

Trying to cover the excess million dollars collected for the election not put into use.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by orobs93(m): 6:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Wetin concern me

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Aufbauh(m): 6:17am On Mar 02, 2016
So you could have pay back your debt with lagos taxpayers money abi?
Anyway sorry for the miscue, na TANOID put you for this gbese tongue

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by GogetterMD(m): 6:19am On Mar 02, 2016
dammytosh:
Liar.

Trying to cover the excess million dollars collected for the election not put into use.
You haff say efritin finish. The guy na scammer

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by jaybee3(m): 6:20am On Mar 02, 2016
Miscalculation toh sweet
I dey laff

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by mrphysics(m): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2016
Good for you Jimi.

hope your debt is not in dollars because, dollar has increased.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Oladimejyy(m): 6:22am On Mar 02, 2016
DjAndroid:
If you had won , na to use Lagos money settle the debt. You fit even use billions of naira create a blog for your govt.
Abi oo

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by seunmsg(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2016
Thank God he lost the election. We don't want a governor who will use the state resources to pay election debt.

12 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by gbaskiboy: 6:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Better step down jimi, as far as Jagaban rules lagos nothing can take it over from him.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Sibrah: 6:32am On Mar 02, 2016
Scam claim. The guy is simply concealing his million of dollars campaign fund PDP gave him to secure Lagos. Dasuki won't expose u, no worry.

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Oche211(m): 7:04am On Mar 02, 2016
So jonathan left his golden boy pennyless why giving dollars to obas nd pastors.
Chai, there's God oo

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by blackpanda: 7:12am On Mar 02, 2016
This man had good ideas for lagos. But he choose a bad and doomed party. Jimi Agbaje shld never have joined a party of thieves, looters and impunity. I still think he can do good as a leader tho

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by ibnzubair(m): 7:15am On Mar 02, 2016
Oh
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by babyfaceafrica: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2016
Good for you

1 Like

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Tunami(m): 7:18am On Mar 02, 2016
hmm he went and borrow money to use it and contest for election, anyway am not surprised because thats how our polithiefcians accumulate debt during election period and when they win they use the masses money to pay back.
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by ngmgeek(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2016
What a revelation!
So, we almost elected a scammer as governor of Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by hardywaltz(m): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2016
Olé
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by divinehand2003(m): 7:35am On Mar 02, 2016
This na serious matter oooo
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by kennydee05(m): 7:35am On Mar 02, 2016
How is that suppose to be our business?

JIMI IS NOT OK

1 Like

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Dindondin(m): 7:36am On Mar 02, 2016
hungryboy:
Who send am?
me
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Goke7: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2016
I see a contradiction here, Jimi is claiming that he won election while bode George says some folks in their party worked against them for their defeat at the polls.

PDP - papa deceiving pikin indeed grin

14 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2016
Gbese re o.Haa
....Monkey dey work(Agbaje),Baboon dey chop(Obanikoro)...Tanoids and Ipods don put this one for gbese...

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Good advises are hard to come bye.....
Please borrow.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by agbangam: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2016
Lol... No be u dey find governorship position
My guy go pay ur igbesee.
So assuming u won, na so u for use our money go dey pay debt.
Nna gerarahia jooooor

1 Like

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by timilehin007(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Ayaaaaaa sowie
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Ko easy
Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 02, 2016
Go and visit Ambode, he will clear the debt 4 u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by modath(f): 7:41am On Mar 02, 2016
Can't still believe I heard him say that!! shocked

1 Like

Re: 2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje by agbangam: 7:41am On Mar 02, 2016
Oche211:
So jonathan left his golden boy pennyless why giving dollars to obas nd pastors.
Chai, there's God oo

As in ehhh, d only non-looter among dem didn't feel d Dansuki AtM bonanza... Wat a pity.

Oga go pay ur igbese oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusion As PDP Presidential Campaign Council Gets Eight Spokespersons / Gombe Remains The Most Peaceful State In Northeast- Nigerian Army / Senator Okorocha Meets Abdullahi Adamu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.