Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,151 members, 7,973,893 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:53 AM

Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years (39338 Views)

JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS / Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Okworigeorge(m): 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
Orikinla:
. Are you one of the agents of the enemies of national progress?
why not reduce the school fees of fed uni instead of dis crap, who no get money for jamb go fit pay for school?
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by leksbore(m): 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
God bless 8 senate,,,best senate ever in the history of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by ipledge10(m): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
MzPecs:
Nice one..

If it comes to fulfilment then it'll be counted as one of the good things this govt have tried to achieve.
now you deserve a kiss
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
Nice move by the senates
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by kolaaderin: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
eitsei:
I don't know why but I don't feel this is right but I quite agree with reduction in fee but the extension

its very right, it means if u have a good grade and u failed to secure admission into ur choice course and institution because of cut off mark, u could seek admission in another institution with a lesser cutoff the following year, saving u the disaster of writing over and over again every year not because u failed but because ur choice institution cutoff is too high.

Many brilliant student has been delayed unnecessarily as they try every year to seek admission into UI, OAU and UNN, all students dream schools while they are actually over qualified in other universities.

This was my experience in my days, i wasted 2 years chasing OAU admission even with my good grade of 230 and 238 respectively cos my choice course in OAU was cuttoff at 280 (Electrical Electronics Engineering), i later borrowed sense the third year,gave Lautech a chase and Got the desired course without much ado.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by wunmi2odun(m): 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
eitsei:
I don't know why but I don't feel this is right but I quite agree with reduction in fee but the extension
Is that why you want to start crying? cheesy grin grin
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Kiakia(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
It's either JAMB is scrapped and each University allowed to admit it's students on merit, OR Post UTME exam conducted by the universities after the JAMB exam is stopped forthwith and JAMB made the only body responsible for admitting prospective candidates into universities. Parents are made to pay the examination fees twice to get their wards into universities. This is exploitation! Imagine JAMB and the various universities performing the same function and here we are talking about reducing government agencies to a manageable size inorder to save money for other things! Government should act fast and strealine the admission process in Nigerian universities.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by fredonlinealway(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
Let wait and see how it play out physically.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by fredonlinealway(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
fredonlinealway:
Let wait and see how it play out physically.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Xtiansun(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Great news for JAMBITES, great news for Nigerians. There is hope for Nigerians.

In other news; for your instant BULKSMS solution call me 08036553330
or visit our website at www.smsvine.com
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by eitsei(m): 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
kolaaderin:

its very right, it means if u have a good grade and u failed to secure admission into ur choice course and institution because of cut off mark, u could seek admission in another institution with a lesser cutoff the following year, saving u the disaster of writing over and over again every year not because u failed but because ur choice institution cutoff is too high.

Many brilliant student has been delayed unnecessarily as they try every year to seek admission into UI, OAU and UNN, all students dream schools while they are actually over qualified in other universities.

This was my experience in my days, i wasted 2 years chasing OAU admission even with my good grade of 230 and 238 respectively cos my choice course in OAU was cuttoff at 280 (Electrical Electronics Engineering), i later borrowed sense the third year,gave Lautech a chase and Got the desired course without much ado.
this schools will still twist this in the years come....
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by kolaaderin: 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
ibadanfinest:
As for the fee, I absolutely concur, it should be affordable but I don't think 3 years validity will work.

If a particular score does not get me admission this year, there is high tendency it might not get me admission next year.

Yes to reduction in fee

No to extension of validity.

it may not get u admission into ur favorite uni and course this year, but may be good enough for another school and ur choice of study. use Ur sense.
it means u may choose to do it again the following year or choose to change ur study and institution options.

1 Like

Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by PENCILLER(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
author=haxan919 post=43420723]

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senate-fixes-n2-500-for-utme-extends-validity-period-to-3yrs/
From the news, what is much important and fantastic to hear is that "validity period ~3yrs"
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
ladyF:
Chai this is great news for me. Do we get a refund for this year? We wey don pay N5,650 already. That's N3,150 difference, the money go really help me if them refund am o. Saraki "hep" me please. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
undecided wtf
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by MzPecs(f): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
ipledge10:
now you deserve a kiss
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
If this is true, then is the best news have heard in Nigeria for some yrs now. But e nor concern me.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
If this is true, then is the best news have heard in Nigeria for some yrs now. But e nor concern me.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Hybrid01: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
Please wait. Does this mean I can use my 2015 score in place of this year's score?
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by MzPecs(f): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
saintkel:
Government ke? Na our senators jare, Government wey wan use electricity bill scam us
Eyaaaaa..

Pele dear.. it's called change! gringringrin
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by martineinstein(m): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
Three years is to much... This will make students lazier... There fill be too much focus to pass post ume at all cost

2yrs would have been ok

Post ume will be harder
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by imoni1010: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
How re dey goin to refund d balance
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by princepeter566: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
tnk God 4 buhari
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by charlesucheh(m): 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
Na now Jamb bone go weak final....
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Tex42(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
Right about time!
Better late than never.
This is change...
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by orikzz(m): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
Woah lets fight corruption and fight 4 our future#One pesin papa no fit dey chop naija dry..We are not illiterates... even wit dat #2500 let Senate monitor it..
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Tex42(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
martineinstein:
Three years is to much... This will make students lazier... There fill be too much focus to pass post ume at all cost

2yrs would have been ok

Post ume will be harder
I beg to differ with u. A candidate who studied hard and recorded a high score deserves the 3yrs validity of his result.

3yrs to me is fair abeg, after all na money Dem go still go use buy the jamb form again after 3yrs.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by ChukaLupin(m): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
ladyF:
Chai this is great news for me. Do we get a refund for this year? We wey don pay N5,650 already. That's N3,150 difference, the money go really help me if them refund am o. Saraki "hep" me please. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Why are you asking for 3k? You should tell saraki to make JAMB free for You na
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by ipledge10(m): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
MzPecs:

kiss kiss kiss
thats my sweetheart
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Veenopzy: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
These pple sef most of dem enjoyed free education and heavy scholarships from the govt during their time now they be asking pple to pay for every tot they tink.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Olasco50(m): 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
That Is Good, Thank The Mr Precident.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by truthspeaks: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
To be implemented 10yrs later, so far it's a policy dat will affect d ordinary nigerians.
MzPecs:
Nice one..

If it comes to fulfilment then it'll be counted as one of the good things this govt have tried to achieve.
Re: Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years by Code45: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
Okworigeorge:
Misplaced priority...
why not reduce the school fees of fed uni instead of this crap, who no get money for jamb, go fit pay for school?
Who's this dumb head?

So federal universities school fees are higher than state university for them not to reduce the state own right?

Dumb!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) / Aarinola Olaiya Blessing Graduates From Obafemi Awolowo University (Photos) / Kaduna Polytechnic Student Dies In His Sleep (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.